Good effort today, Rays 6 back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back

In Response to Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back:
    [QUOTE]f you look at Moon's threads about Tampa, they have replaced what they lost...and then some. False, no they have not. They have not replaced what Crawford did in his career year of 2010. They have not replaced what Soriano did in his career year of 2010. While they cotinue to have an upper tier starting rotation, they do not have the pen or the offense to contend for the playoffs. They will be going away as dog days pile up. The Yankees will make a pitching move and any needed offensive move they need to make. The Rays cannot afford to make an impact offensive position player move, yet are effectively lagging at a projected rate of 8 to 9 games back over 162 games. They are an 89 to 91 wins max type of team. That is going away because the Yankees and Red Sox are a complete block for the Rays playoff hopes, with any slipping by the Yankees or Red Sox resulting in an AL West or Central pulling what would be a WC upset. The Rays have no realistic chance of making the playoffs this year. Unless the Yankees pull a blockbuster "Felix" type of deal (not likely), and unless Beckett, Lester Buck, Agon, Oritz, Youk or Pedroia have a long term DL, the Red Sox will win the AL East. If the Red Sox avoid the long DL to those core players, and got a player like Kemp for Ellsbury, 1 or 2 of Lowrie or Middlebrooks and Hassan or Brentz, and Doubrant or Weiland, what is an aggregate strong but inconsistent Red Sox offense would be transformed to a balanced murderers row offense that would coast to the AL East and WS. Without this move, the Red Sox are still the AL title contender favorites, but only by a small degree. The offense is not balanced with Crawford and Ellsbury and matches most stretch peaks with stretch valleys. Crawford won't get to his career medians by year end, but he doesn't have to. He was already recovering to a performance level that was on the lower end of the medians, and that's good enough if someone like Kemp is added. Long term, it is the blockbuster deal that only a shrewd GM with foresight would seek out. The Dodgers will sell Kemp, despite there claims to the contrary. He'll go this winter, if not this summer. The Padres owner claimed, last winter, that they were not going to trade AGon. At that time, I posted his comment and stated that he was soliciting trade offers for AGon at the same moment he made that quote. The Dodgers are out of it, 13 games out of the WC. While they have a lot of payroll clear for 2012, they will not be able to get Kemp to forgo FA to sign an extension with an organization that is at least two years from leaving a very dark cloud left by years of incompetence. The Dodgers' Bankruptcy judge will approve any deal that nets the Dodgers one or two everyday starter type MLB players. Selig does not have legitimate grounds to deny anything other than a Charley Finley type of cash sale or true "fire sale" type of transaction. The CBA makes that clear. The importance of the deal is long term, as much as short term, but it would be huge, short term, as well. Millar has the inside scoop on the clubhouse. He just repeated the claims that Ellsbury was persona non grata in the clubhouse from the 2010 fiasco. While Millar said that Ellsbury had come back and silenced some of his media critics, he stopped short of an unqualified players' endorsement of what is almost surely a clubhouse that would be quietly quite pleased to see Kemp come and Ellsbury go. Do I expect Theo to push for a move like this? No, I expect him to do a GM dumpster dive and ignore the opportunity to solve a long term problem and make this team even better in the short term.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt an OF of CC-LF  Ells-CF and Kemp-RF be better than getting rid if Ells? I dont think your package for Kemp is enough either. If we get a RH, RF bat, we could easily let guys like Brentz and Hassan go.but they might not have built up enough worth to be dealt just yet. I would think the Dodgers would want an arm back too and a MLB ready position player for years at low cost. so say bye bye to Ranaudo and probably no Ells as his arb will go up a lot if he keeps this play up..And by looking at his numbers, hes only trending up. regardless of your OPINION of his future, Ill stick with the numbers..I wouldnt let anyone touch Middlebrooks just yet with Youk aging at 3rd. WM will be a good fit in 2013-14..High power potential RH bat, solid D at 3rd..But the bottom line is if this deal were to happen, with what ever players that might be involved, is that Kemp MUST sign an extension first.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I already gave the details on the extension for Kemp, it goes without saying.  No reason to spend the 10 to 12 on Ellsbury, with Crawford. It should go towards Kemp's extension. Because of the imbalance, Reddick and a .300 OBP is fine to replace Ellsbury. Reddick, Drew and Kemp is far superior to Reddick, Drew and Ellsbury Ellsbury is cheaper for this year, and your nuts if you think the Dodgers don't like paying Ellsbury's 2012 and 2013 price of 4 to 6M versus Kemp's 10 to 12 M and waive good buy to FA. Ellsbury is a better fit and the Dodgers have much better chance to be the winning bidder for a player like Ellsbury. But even if not, they get him for 2.5 years. Doubrant or Weiland is a good zero cost arm, and a quite decent one. As for Youk, 3B is a position an old man can play for a while (See Lowell). But, my offer was their choice of Middlebrooks or Lowrie, not both. In addition, if the want more than Ellsbury and Middlebrooks or Lowrie and Doubrant or Weiland, I woud add Hassan or Brentz. Thats 1 AS OF'er under affordable control through 2013 (it's not the Padres) plus likely compensation if the Dodgers choose not to bid high on Ellsbury 2014 1 MLB ready profile in Lowrie or Middlebrooks if they want to go that way 1 LH or RH pitcher who has MLB experience and a top tier prospect 1 younger development OF profile in Hassan or Brentz With Crawford, there is no reason to keep paying Ellsbury if a profile like Kemp could be acquired and Reddick and Kalish (Drew's last few months) are in place and are clearly capable platoon player to go with Kemp and Crawford. Take a look at Moon's thread and the splits v. LHP for Ellsbury, Crawford, Kemp and Reddick. Reddick's sample is tiny, but he and Drew don't have to be more than marginal if Kemp is acquired. The void is v. LHP OPS in the OF. Ellsbury does nothing in that regard. In reality, despite the euphoria over Ellsbury's first half overall OBP and SLG, he's not doing anything to address the void. The offense is feast or famine because of it. Total runs looks good, but this team's offense has too many drought stretches.  Ortiz can't be counted on v. LHP, certainly not long term. What Oritz has done v. LHP has been a life saver, but counting on him and Pedroia for slugging v. LHP is not wise, short or long term. Red Sox have Ortiz, AGon and Youk to take care of slugging v. RHP.  Red Sox need a solid v. LHP slugger. Kemp does both, and woud be the short and long term solution.  

1. I Think Ells has a case to make more than that in arb. He has the numbers and has been a constant trend upwards since entering the league.

2. I agree that Youk can be there til his contract expires as I suggested.

3. Middlebrooks is only in AA and not yet MLB ready yet. He is probably an eta of 2013-14..maybe a CoC in 13'.

All in all a lot of the names you gave would not impress me for a 5-tool stud like Kemp. With your take on Lowries no pop and lack of D, why would they take him?
    Weiland was not impressive yesterday and def has some work to do. Doubront is good, but I cant call him a top tier pitcher at all. They will want Ranaudo, as they should. The problem isnt that I dont agree with you in getting Kemp, softy.. Its the compensation and not depleting the farm at the same time. Our depth is what kept us even remotely in it last year and now this year with the injuries as well. I would love nothing more than to have Matt Kemp patrolling RF in Fenway with that bat and speed. Thats the truth.. The Dodgers are going to want a haul for him IMO..as they should for a player of his caliber.
    Im not saying im right, just my opinion. I guess before i really say anything, Id have to hear what the dodgers are wanting..If its a J Upton haul, it wont happen IMO..Maybe we get lucky and it wont be..have to wait and see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]If you look at Moon's threads about Tampa, they have replaced what they lost...and then some. I never saw them as an offensive force, even last year. They play it close to the vest. They have the current personal to continue to grind out close games. And Maddon gets the most of it. As I see it, NY might not repeat their first half. I see Colon more exposed and AROID's absence telling. Their potential lack of pitching depth in the SR will eventually affect their pen depth. Boston won't walk away either with the constant injuries to their pitching staff. The disparity in the A.L. East is such that no team will find it easy to walk away. And while Tampa lacks the overall talent pool of Boston/NY, they definitely have the pitching to stay with the pack. They have a better chance for consistency. I have no issue with disagreements. That's part of the landscape here. I only ask posters to be held accountable for their posts. If they make a statement that is challenged, back it up, the way you did with UR Rays research. FWIW, you have recently handled criticism from others well. When the same came from me, you took offense to it. I was the same way when I first came here. I had to learn the "language". I think our initial failure to communicate has allowed you to acknowledge what credible posters prioritize. I hold no grudges in that regard. I welcome good baseball discussion from any source. I sincerely mean that.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness,

You have learned?  There are ways of challenging people without attacking their credibility or name calling as you do.  I'm not and never will be that type of person.  As a result, I choose to ignore, rather than provoke them into a more heated discussion.

As far as the AL East, Tampa doesn't have the chemistry they once had and especially not the depth.  The first half of the season showed me what type of team they have.  They played well against the "below 500 teams" and struggled against the best.  After the All Star break they have 7 games with the Yankees and Sox, a series that will be missing the likes of ARod and two of our top three pitchers.  Then they play 20 more games against "below 500" clubs before finding the schedule a bit tougher down the stretch.  The fact Tampa has stayed relatively healthy compared to the Yanks and Sox also tells me they are not that good.  If Tampa can't make up ground in the next 27 games I feel they will be out of the race with 45 games left in the season.

The Yankees will miss "ARod" theres no doubt.  Couple this with the fact they have the lowest team BA in years "I agree" the second half may not go as well.  The Sox have the best chemistry of the three in my opinion and it should show down the stretch if we can stay healthy.  Our team learned a great deal from last season and we have a lot of depth, even without Clay or Jon for a bit.  I also believe Theo is looking to make a trade to help our cause even further.

I have no problem with a friendly discussion on baseball and also don't hold grudges will people who come forward as you have.  I just hope you understand were I'm coming from, otherwise it's really not worth my time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Tampa Bay is beginning to fade. Although 5 out of the wild card is still very in it, expect to see the distance increase, they've lost so much the past off-season, organizational depth can only be stretched so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Tampa Bay is beginning to fade. Although 5 out of the wild card is still very in it, expect to see the distance increase, they've lost so much the past off-season, organizational depth can only be stretched so far.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Hey NU,

I could be wrong but Tampa just doesn't scare me anymore, much like when the Yankees lost guys like Abreu, Damon, Matsui and Sheffield who used to kill us.  Damon was a great pick up by the Rays but not enough to make them a real contender in my book.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Rays pitching is what is keeping them in the hunt, it's there inability to match last years runs scored that's at the heart of thier current struggles...year over year they've allowed 4 more and scored 64 less than at this time last year or almost a run a game...last year they were 20 games over with a plus 105 run differrentail, this year there's 8 over with a plus 37...That's a pretty big swing...

2010WLPCTGB  RS  RADIFF
    NY56  32 .636-469 352 117
    Tampa 54 34 .6142444 339 105
    Boston51 37  .5805481 408  73
    2011WLPCTGB   RS    RADIFF
    Boston55 35 .611-482 371 111
    NY 53 35 .6021455 334 121
    Tampa49 41 .5446380 343 37
    Tampa 5434.6142444339105
    Tampa 4941  .544638034337
    Varience -57 4-644-68

End of the day if you're handicapping all three teams, the Rays, are facing a tough climb and need to find away to score more runs. Adding a big bat in the middle of the lineup would be a good place to start. Because with thier starting rotation, they could easiliy pitch themselves back in it and make a very strong push in the final two months. 6 games back is certainly not insurmaoutable, but you have to also assume the Yanks and Sox will also be addressing underperformance and look to bolster thier squads for the stretch...Hate to say it but this could come down to pure economics...All three are near or at the top end of thier payroll budgets for 2011 just how much flexibility they have to add payroll might prove to be the difference...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays pitching is what is keeping them in the hunt, it's there inability to match last years runs scored that's at the heart of thier current struggles...year over year they've allowed 4 more and scored 64 less than at this time last year or almost a run a game...last year they were 20 games over with a plus 105 run differrentail, this year there's 8 over with a plus 37...That's a pretty big swing... 2010 W L PCT GB   RS   RA DIFF NY 56  32  .636 - 469  352  117 Tampa 54  34  .614 2 444  339  105 Boston 51  37  .580 5 481  408  73 2011 W L PCT GB     RS     RA DIFF Boston 55  35  .611 - 482  371  111 NY 53  35  .602 1 455  334  121 Tampa 49  41  .544 6 380  343  37 Tampa 54 34 .614 2 444 339 105 Tampa 49 41   .544 6 380 343 37 Varience   -5 7   4 -64 4 -68 End of the day if you're handicapping all three teams, the Rays, are facing a tough climb and need to find away to score more runs. Adding a big bat in the middle of the lineup would be a good place to start. Because with thier starting rotation, they could easiliy pitch themselves back in it and make a very strong push in the final two months. 6 games back is certainly not insurmaoutable, but you have to also assume the Yanks and Sox will also be addressing underperformance and look to bolster thier squads for the stretch...Hate to say it but this could come down to pure economics...All three are near or at the top end of thier payroll budgets for 2011 just how much flexibility they have to add payroll might prove to be the difference...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the breakdown beantowne.  All we can really do is watch the second half to see how things unfold.  I feel the Rays had a golden opportunity in the first half to set the pace but just didn't have enough talent.  The first 27 games of the second half in my opinion may be their last chance to stay in the race.  If the Rays can't keep pace during a light schedule, or while ARod, Jon and Clay are out, I just don't see them having a chance.

If Manny had been focused and productive for Tampa I would probably feel differently.  Maybe they will attempt to trade for another bat?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]3. Middlebrooks is only in AA and not yet MLB ready yet. He is probably an eta of 2013-14..maybe a CoC in 13'. I made it clear that it was their choice to get a MLB ready Lowrie or go with the younger and cheaper Middlebrooks if they like that better. Ellsbury will not set any arbitration record for the 2nd year of arbitration. The highest ever was Howard, so 4 to 6 is a likely range. Kemp has a shot to equal or exceed Howard, but Red Sox would be extending him. As I said with AGon, it's not about what the Dodgers "want", it's about what the market is. 1. Kemp will be sold by this winter 2. They are not getting offers of more than Ellsbury and the quality of young players I listed 3. Ranaudo has not established that he deserves his rating, yet. May or may not. 4. Doubrant or Weiland is top tier prospects, and this is in the NL, not AL 5. Ranaudo is not eligible to be traded yet 6. Ranaudo means the Dodgers put their eggs in one basket and get less, but I would change the quaity of the rest of the package, not use Radaudo as a reason not to pursue Kemp 7. My competitive package offer does not "deplete the farm/young cheap talent. Lowrie or Middlebrooks, Hassan or Brentz, Doubrant or Weiland (See Miller) The reality is that people use emotion to make trade decisions. If Crawford wasn't signed, a case could be made to make Ellsbury a FA contract winning bid. That's not the case.

Hey billyboy,

At this point any player in a Dodger uniform who has a large salary could be available.  With that said, the Dodgers also need to be very selective if they intend on keeping a strong fan base.  If there was any possible way to get a player like Kemp, I believe Theo would pursue it but not if it includes Ellsbury so I'm not sure we have what it takes otherwise.  For us to land Kemp I think it would take names like Middlebrooks, Lavernway, Kalish or Reddick and Jed.  It may not be worth depleting our farm.

I see other teams like the Yankees and Phillies going after Kemp.  Maybe a package of youngsters with Swisher (9mil) this season and only a team option next year.  Or, the Phillies could possibly offer a youngster like Domonic Brown in a package.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]91 or 92 does not usually get it done for the WC.93 to 95 is usually the WC. This is a grossly inferior team to the 2010 Rays, and the record reflects that. They are going no where, this year, even if they appear to make a little ground here or there. The O's were not for real, like you said they were. The Indians folding act starts with Dog days.

You said the Rays will fade. 91 wins will put them in the WC chase.
    If Boston or NY slips, 91 wins could easily get the WC.
    The Ray are on pace for 90 wins.

Their current record has to be looked at in the context of their division.
    96 wins last year might equate to 92 this year. The O's - despite the recent sweep - are better than they were last year. There's no more freebies in Fenway South.
    The O's are 22-22 at home.
    The Rays were 11-7 against the O's last year. This year? 6-6 so far.
    The O's were 29-59 at the half way point last year.
    They are currently 36-52. That's a 7 game differential.

I showed you that the Rays are statistically similar to last year in hitting/pitching/fielding. Just because the faces have changed doesn't meant they didn't replace the production.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back : harness, You have learned?  There are ways of challenging people without attacking their credibility or name calling as you do.  I'm not and never will be that type of person.  As a result, I choose to ignore, rather than provoke them into a more heated discussion. As far as the AL East, Tampa doesn't have the chemistry they once had and especially not the depth.  The first half of the season showed me what type of team they have.  They played well against the "below 500 teams" and struggled against the best.  After the All Star break they have 7 games with the Yankees and Sox, a series that will be missing the likes of ARod and two of our top three pitchers.  Then they play 20 more games against "below 500" clubs before finding the schedule a bit tougher down the stretch.  The fact Tampa has stayed relatively healthy compared to the Yanks and Sox also tells me they are not that good.  If Tampa can't make up ground in the next 27 games I feel they will be out of the race with 45 games left in the season. The Yankees will miss "ARod" theres no doubt.  Couple this with the fact they have the lowest team BA in years "I agree" the second half may not go as well.  The Sox have the best chemistry of the three in my opinion and it should show down the stretch if we can stay healthy.  Our team learned a great deal from last season and we have a lot of depth, even without Clay or Jon for a bit.  I also believe Theo is looking to make a trade to help our cause even further. I have no problem with a friendly discussion on baseball and also don't hold grudges will people who come forward as you have.  I just hope you understand were I'm coming from, otherwise it's really not worth my time.  
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Let's try and put this into perspective.
    If I come on to this board for the first time and say I'm Curt Schilling (not too far-fetched in that he has posted on public forums), yet nothing I post would gel with his known MO, how do you think others will react?

Can you expect: "Oh great. Welcome to the board Curt". Is that realistic?
    Or will I be challenged? Will my credibility be questioned? In what fashion?
    First of all, at that point, I have no board credibility. And since nobody knows me, my personal credibility won't mean squat.

People in UR own circles know you. You have nothing to answer for with them.
    If you are questioned by those who don't know you from Adam, your credibility is a non-factor. Thus, what you say and how you back it up is all we have to go on.

Now, if I come on here like you did and say: Theo Epstein is a liar.
    "Theo backed the Hanley deal and wanted him out of Boston" - I expect to be challenged. Thus, I won't make such a statement unless I can back it up with something. Claiming to work for the organization would give you access to such a bold statement depending upon UR circles of involvement.

This is what I mean by understanding the language on this board.
    Since then, most every take you've had you've been prepared to back-up, and you've done it credibly. You didn't in UR initial posts. If I hadn't challenged you, someone else would have. Their demeanor could have been better of worse.
    I think you've seen enough here
    to get a rough idea as to what to expect from whom.

And once you learn who is and who isn't credible on this board, I think you'll find that those you come to respect will tell you that I'm not one to go into the gutter (name-calling) first. Not ever. But I'll go there when provoked. Bet on it.

If you wish to blame me for challenging your credibility, which was an unknown, feel free. I wanted to know the truth. If Theo is a liar, I think that's very important to know going forward, as it affects many in his orbit. Including other GM's, who have a lot of respect for him. And until I have something credible that exposes him as such, then it's on you to either retract the statement
    or show another area where he was caught in such a lie. Anything to justify a rather bold statement.

If you can't, so be it. There's no name-calling here. Just discussing what you brought up.

As for the Rays, I don't know how a baseball fan can measure team chemistry.
    You feel it isn't as strong with them this year. Did you see any indication of this from a quote or a dispute? Did a player relate this somehow?
    What makes you say that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back : Let's try and put this into perspective. If I come on to this board for the first time and say I'm Curt Schilling (not too far-fetched in that he has posted on public forums), yet nothing I post would gel with his known MO, how do you think others will react? Can you expect: "Oh great. Welcome to the board Curt". Is that realistic? Or will I be challenged? Will my credibility be questioned? In what fashion? First of all, at that point, I have no board credibility. And since nobody knows me, my personal credibility won't mean squat. People in UR own circles know you. You have nothing to answer for with them. If you are questioned by those who don't know you from Adam, your credibility is a non-factor. Thus, what you say and how you back it up is all we have to go on. Now, if I come on here like you did and say: Theo Epstein is a liar. "Theo backed the Hanley deal and wanted him out of Boston" - I expect to be challenged. Thus, I won't make such a statement unless I can back it up with something . Claiming to work for the organization would give you access to such a bold statement depending upon UR circles of involvement. This is what I mean by understanding the language on this board. Since then, most every take you've had you've been prepared to back-up, and you've done it credibly. You didn't in UR initial posts. If I hadn't challenged you, someone else would have. Their demeanor could have been better of worse. I think you've seen enough here to get a rough idea as to what to expect from whom. And once you learn who is and who isn't credible on this board, I think you'll find that those you come to respect will tell you that I'm not one to go into the gutter (name-calling) first. Not ever. But I'll go there when provoked. Bet on it. If you wish to blame me for challenging your credibility, which was an unknown, feel free. I wanted to know the truth . If Theo is a liar, I think that's very important to know going forward, as it affects many in his orbit. Including other GM's, who have a lot of respect for him. And until I have something credible that exposes him as such, then it's on you to either retract the statement or show another area where he was caught in such a lie. Anything to justify a rather bold statement. If you can't, so be it. There's no name-calling here. Just discussing what you brought up. As for the Rays, I don't know how a baseball fan can measure team chemistry. You feel it isn't as strong with them this year. Did you see any indication of this from a quote or a dispute? Did a player relate this somehow? What makes you say that?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, let me put things you don't understand in "bold type" this time so you get it.

I never stated working for the organization, only
    "indirectly" with people within.  Next, "understanding the language" as you put it on our board simply means "harness" language.  Please don't try to make yourself look like the normal fan here.  Nobody else challenged my statements because they simply took them with a grain of salt.  You were the only person who lost his mind over it.  Nobody on this board owes you an explaination for who they are, or what they say.

Lastly,
    There are a ton of great fans here I enjoy discussing baseball with so you can ignore my posts, or continue being annoying but either way I'm done with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back : Hey billyboy, At this point any player in a Dodger uniform who has a large salary could be available.  With that said, the Dodgers also need to be very selective if they intend on keeping a strong fan base.  If there was any possible way to get a player like Kemp, I believe Theo would pursue it but not if it includes Ellsbury so I'm not sure we have what it takes otherwise.  For us to land Kemp I think it would take names like Middlebrooks, Lavernway, Kalish or Reddick and Jed.  It may not be worth depleting our farm. I see other teams like the Yankees and Phillies going after Kemp.  Maybe a package of youngsters with Swisher (9mil) this season and only a team option next year.  Or, the Phillies could possibly offer a youngster like Domonic Brown in a package.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

craze,
    Not sure that MLB will allow the Dodgers to sell much until thier ownership issues are resolved. Currently Kemp is under contract and not arbitration eligable. He's a free agent after 2012 season is complete and makes in the nieghborhood of 6 mil per year (not a ton of dough). He's also a guy I am sure that any new ownership group would want to have some say in whether he's traded or offered an extension. So if the Dodger's are allowed to trade him, the package they get in return will have to include at least 1 can't miss impact prospect and a couple of projectable big league players / prospects. If not for the inevitable sale of the team and with knowledge that they can't or chose not to extend him, then and only then does a talant of his ilk get moved and it's not like if they hold on to him and try to make a deal this offseason they won't get a similar package in return.

I could be reading this worng, but if I am a guy that's trying to buy the team. I would make it known to the league that any trades or sale of assets would strongly influence my decision to buy...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good effort today, Rays 6 back : craze, Not sure that MLB will allow the Dodgers to sell much until thier ownership issues are resolved. Currently Kemp is under contract and not arbitration eligable. He's a free agent after 2012 season is complete and makes in the nieghborhood of 6 mil per year (not a ton of dough). He's also a guy I am sure that any new ownership group would want to have some say in whether he's traded or offered an extension. So if the Dodger's are allowed to trade him, the package they get in return will have to include at least 1 can't miss impact prospect and a couple of projectable big league players / prospects. If not for the inevitable sale of the team and with knowledge that they can't or chose not to extend him, then and only then does a talant of his ilk get moved and it's not like if they hold on to him and try to make a deal this offseason they won't get a similar package in return. I could be reading this worng, but if I am a guy that's trying to buy the team. I would make it known to the league that any trades or sale of assets would strongly influence my decision to buy...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

What your saying makes perfect sense beantowne thanks.  I'm not for any trade if it means giving up Ells, or depleting our farm to get a player like Kemp.  I don't believe Theo would be either but who really knows how he feels about kids like Kalish and Reddick as our FT RF's.  My guess is Theo picks up a good RH bat, or someone who tends to tear up lefties before the deadline. 

A good lefty in the pen would also be nice.  Maybe Miller gets that role in the PS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoZ. Show BurritoZ's posts

Its too bad you make enemies here, you should try a new approach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Its too bad you make enemies here, you should try a new approach.
    Posted by BurritoZ[/QUOTE]

Burrito, its the "harness way" he obviously doesn't know any better.  He can't win with his usual intimidation factor so all thats left is name calling.

Sad! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoZ. Show BurritoZ's posts

Fun note today - I have entered a FantasyBaseball league where you actually inherit a true life organization, and you have until January 2012 to bring the payroll below $126 million; if you pick a team like the Red Sox it can be difficult. After 13 people chose their teams the Yankees were still available!

I considered taking them just so I could destroy them  Laughinghowever in the end I chose the Nationals as I want to try and win. I would never have the heart to bring the Yankees even a fantasy championship.

League is neat, you have minor league's all the way down to Single A short season, its meant to be the real deal.

Naturally the Red Sox were the first team to be chosen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Its too bad you make enemies here, you should try a new approach.
    Posted by BurritoZ[/QUOTE]

Are U insurance when "T" get's axed? His approach is so much better: Start threads about posters, then move and delete each time the foot gets stuck inside the mouth.

Jelly fish swim together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoZ. Show BurritoZ's posts

No my new name will be BurritoY as in "Y" was I axed?

I was banned one time more than a year and a half ago - get some new material.