Good for Cody

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Good for Cody

Cody decided to take a nice offer from the D'Backs for 3 + years rather than to wailt any longer  on the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Good for Cody

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Cody decided to take a nice offer from the D'Backs for 3 + years rather than to wailt any longer  on the Sox.

and he got 26mil...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Good riddance. The Red Sox gave him that platform, and that least he could have done was accept a 2 year and base 5 or 6 deal to show loyalty and appreciation for being lifted up from a dumpster. But, no, he's going to prostitute himself to the highest bidder, stepping on the hands that lifted him up.

Sometimes you are comical--the rest of the time in outer space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good riddance. The Red Sox gave him that platform, and that least he could have done was accept a 2 year and base 5 or 6 deal to show loyalty and appreciation for being lifted up from a dumpster. But, no, he's going to prostitute himself to the highest bidder, stepping on the hands that lifted him up.

Isn't that the American way softlaw? You're the one that loves capitalism so much. This is how it works, or were you asleep that day in econ?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the sox didn't do him any favors. he was going to get signed regardless.. he got paid because he produced. 90%+ of players sign with the highest bidder. A player wants to get paid their worth, and the highest bidder is valueing you more than anyone else. It is how it is softy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

MLB is a closed shop.

So is your brain.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This is actually a very good thing for the RS.  The agents and players aren't stupid.  Beltre comes to Boston for a good price, and has an MVP-caliber year, and instead of getting one year for $10M, he's lined up for 7 year or whatever.  Ross is a pedestrian talent.  He comes to Boston for a good price, has an excellent year, and moves on.  I am hoping the same for Drew, an .825 year.  And if he gets a .825, it's not unreasonable to think he'd turn down a qualifying offer in favor of a 3-4 guarantee elsewhere.

We should be seen as the destination of choice for good players, who had an off year, looking to re-establish their value.  And that is a good thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

Good for the Red Sox. 3 years is way too much for Ross.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

he got paid because he produced

He had a nift .684 OPS away. He was a total function of Fenway, and, at that, he produced at a 2nd rate season long production level of 22HR and 81RBI as a RH hitter in Fenway. I'd say that's worth about 2 years and base 5 for old Cody. At least Cherry got this one right!

Good riddance 26M old prima donna Cody!

Now, Cherry, get crackin' on acquiring J. Upton.

It could time.  In 2012's OPS-

• Ross .807
    • Kubel .833
    • Upton .785

It might make sense for AZ to dump their weakest hitting OF.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I am hoping the same for Drew

While Fenway will help the 10 million dollar man, you are pipe dreaming if you think this bum is going to have any impact on making the Red Sox a playoff game winning team.

Please note that Joe has taken one year OPS and not adjusted for 3 year averages or park factor.

Please note that Joe ranks Ross and Kubel as better options than J. Upton.

take a joke softy. for someone who loves to twist numbers you sure don't late it lightly when someone does it to you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I am hoping the same for Drew

While Fenway will help the 10 million dollar man, you are pipe dreaming if you think this bum is going to have any impact on making the Red Sox a playoff game winning team.

Please note that Joe has taken one year OPS and not adjusted for 3 year averages or park factor.

Please note that Joe ranks Ross and Kubel as better options than J. Upton.

1-I merely pointed out the superior OPS of Ross and Kubel.

2-And I have pointed out Upton's park advantages to you several times.

But according to the filters that YOU have set up, 3 years and park adjusted, for the past three years, on the road-

• Upton  .740
    • Ross  .687
    • Kubel  .774

So Kubel has clearly been the better hitter once the HFA advantage is stripped away.  Ross stinks, but we already know that.  In addition, Upton hits very few HRs on the road, less than 9 per season over the past 3 years.  That's a fairly weak 1/37 ABs for Upton, 1/30 ABs for Ross, who basically stinks, and 1/25 for Kubel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yes, it is a vapid joke to suggest that Ross and the great white Kubel are better OF'er than J. Upton. Nice job, Joe.

I'm giving you numbers.  If you want to ignore numbers, then join the great unwashed.

Seriously, there are a great number of people that would like to live their lives free of the burden of analysis.  You might actually be part of the majority.  Still, I cannot my compunction for relying on numbers for analysis, rather than 'feelings'.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Yes, it is a vapid joke to suggest that Ross and the great white Kubel are better OF'er than J. Upton. Nice job, Joe.

I'm giving you numbers.  If you want to ignore numbers, then join the great unwashed.

Seriously, there are a great number of people that would like to live their lives free of the burden of analysis.  You might actually be part of the majority.  Still, I cannot my compunction for relying on numbers for analysis, rather than 'feelings'.

I think the D'Backs would be more inclined to deal Kubel unless they get an offer for J.Upton that blows them away. I think the Red sox should trade for Kubel. He would be a nice upgrade Over Kalish in left and the platoon with Gomes would still Make sense Considering Kubel Is a LHB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I enjoyed his time here.  Hope things go well for him.  Unless we meet him in the WS, of course.  :O)

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

I think the D'Backs would be more inclined to deal Kubel unless they get an offer for J.Upton that blows them away. I think the Red sox should trade for Kubel. He would be a nice upgrade Over Kalish in left and the platoon with Gomes would still Make sense Considering Kubel Is a LHB.

or Paul Goldschmidt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

or Paul Goldschmidt

Where would we play him Mef if Napoli's deal ends up getting worked out? Dont get me wrong i like goldschmidt(He strikes out a bit too much for me) but a Power bat like his i would def welcome in the Red Sox Lineup. Do you like the idea of trading for Kubel though??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

or Paul Goldschmidt

Where would we play him Mef if Napoli's deal ends up getting worked out? Dont get me wrong i like goldschmidt(He strikes out a bit too much for me) but a Power bat like his i would def welcome in the Red Sox Lineup. Do you like the idea of trading for Kubel though??

well im sre they could just drop the contract if they wanted. it was pending a physical which he clearly failed. some would argue we shouldn't even sign him now (without knowing the specifics its hard to say). But i advocated getting PG before we even signed Naps..

I do like Kubel though, not sure if anyones been after him since AZ has Upton on the block..

Sections
Shortcuts