Good Job Beckett!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Good Job Beckett!

I've been very critical, so I want to be early to say very well done. Had he pitched anywhere close to this well in his first start, more fans would have held their anger a little longer.

Hope we see more of these than his first. This was a fairly big game, and true to most of his form, he stepped up.

I hope he handles it with class.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Good Job Beckett!

Very good....Red Sox Nation can exhale. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Love how efficient he was with his pitches.  Great outing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ton of flyball outs, but even better he found his personal catcher in Kelly Shoptillyoudrop

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Dragon man was entitled to this superb effort by Beckett.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Should have pitched the 9th.... nothing makes a statement more than a CG win.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job Beckett!:
    Posted by BurritoT
    I think Bobby was going to leave him in, but the Sox were up for nearly a half hour in the 8th.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Aaaah okay. That is too bad then.  I love BV leaving these guys in... that is a change from 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Aaaah okay. That is too bad then.  I love BV leaving these guys in... that is a change from 2011.
    Posted by BurritoT
    Me too, didn't the Red Sox have only 2 CGs all last year? And it's not like babying these guys has kept them off the DL.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job Beckett! : Me too, didn't the Red Sox have only 2 CGs all last year? And it's not like babying these guys has kept them off the DL.
    Posted by carnie

FWIW, I think it's just the opposite.  Babying them early has put them ON the DL late in the year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job Beckett! : FWIW, I think it's just the opposite.  Babying them early has put them ON the DL late in the year. 
    Posted by S5
    I've gotta say I agree with you there. That was the one thing I didn't like about Tito, his quick hook on the starting pitchers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Good Job Beckett! : I think Bobby was going to leave him in, but the Sox were up for nearly a half hour in the 8th.
    Posted by carnie

I agree. After the long sit-down, it really wasn't worth it at that point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Posted by BurritoT

Bobby didn't go over to Beckett until almost 20 minutes into the bottom of the 8th to tell him he was done.  I'm also very excited to see Bobby push the starters this year.

It's worked for Nolan Ryan!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Had he pitched anywhere close to this well in his first start, more fans would have held their anger a little longer.

...and this is the crux of so many problems with some fans on this site: one game judgements, one at bat judgements, one pitch judgements. 

It's the main reason I never go to the game threads.

Beckett was a hero in 2007. He was great for almost all of 2011. Suddenly, he is a bum. He's the same Beckett from 2007, or at least when healthy he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Had he pitched anywhere close to this well in his first start, more fans would have held their anger a little longer. ...and this is the crux of so many problems with some fans on this site: one game judgements, one at bat judgements, one pitch judgements.  It's the main reason I never go to the game threads. Beckett was a hero in 2007. He was great for almost all of 2011. Suddenly, he is a bum. He's the same Beckett from 2007, or at least when healthy he is.
    Posted by moonslav59

But it was so much more than the one game for Beckett. It was the 2 or 3 to end last year, then everything he had to say, or lack there of, about it. Beckett could have done many things differently, pitching well was just one of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Kudos to Beckett. I'm not a big fan of his, but he is crucial to a successful season and I will root for him every time he takes the mound.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But it was so much more than the one game for Beckett. It was the 2 or 3 to end last year, then everything he had to say, or lack there of, about it. Beckett could have done many things differently, pitching well was just one of them.

So, yes, I'm talking 1 game judgements or maybe 4 game judgements (1st game this year and last 3 last year), and people's opinions on Beckett turned on a dime. Yes, I know all the other krapola that went along with the "collapse" and how many feel that was a main reason we lost, but Beckett has always been a mighty fine pitcher when healthy.

You are right though, if he had pitched great his first game those fans who love to judge on small sample sizes would have sang a different tune, but does that really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Beckett is going to have a fantastic pitcher this year as long as he stays healthy. I also don't think he cares much about what a few misguided fans think about him, but I am not going to pretend to know what goes on inside his head.

I'm still expecting great things from Josh this year, and if we don't get greatness from him, it's going to be hard to pull this one off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Some people like DragonMan are just prone to be bleak and down on everything. It just might be part of his DNA. If he researched his family tree then he might find out that some of his relatives jumped off of the Tobin Bridge and the Pru Tower after other Red Sox disappointments. Not everyone has courage, patience, and loyalty. Some really swallow that Chickengate soap opera without any question - hook, line, and sinker. I pity those that are so pessimistic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

look everyone wants Beckett to be an all*star pitcher for this team, but I believe many really don't care much about him past that anymore. We are indifferent to anything about him other than RESULTS.

What I don't want to hear from him, the team, or the posters the next time he loses a game is "its the thumb".

Go Red Sox!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

He did his job well, for a change. That's what he's paid to do. September will be the time to evaluate his season performance, not early April.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts