Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?

I would say when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl by defeating the Rams
    20-17, as Adam Vinatieri made a game-winning 48-yard field goal as time expired.
    However, I will never forget the final game of the 2004 World Series. Renteria hit a ground ball that bounced back to Foulke on the mound. Foulke threw it underhand to Mientkiewicz at first base to end the game, and win the series. No more wait until next year. No more "Curse of the Bambino". No more Yankees fans yelling '1918'!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?

Yes, good luck, Bruins. As I posted yesterday on the Bruins board, win this one for Ace Bailey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?

I would have to go with the 2007 SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Certainly there has been no "exciting" hockey in over 10 years.

The league was watered down to accomodate expansion to southern cites , where the people mostly don't want or like hockey. Then further messed up with a salary cap , which now allows cheapskate owners form Chicago and Boston to compete.

For me the NHL pretty much died when Ray Bourque as traded so he could win a Cup in Colorado. A total insult to longtime Bruins fans ( yes, I was one of them). I have never forgiven them for sending Raymond away to win a Cup instead of building a serious contender around one of the greatest defensemen who ever played the game.

The NHL season has been reduced to a long, boring joke. One which is not very funny to fans of the golden era, when superstars were able to create plays and were not snuffed out in favor of defensive systems that stifle creativity and create snoozefests on the cold winter nights and too far into summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Tomorrow I will answer with 2011 Stanley cup finals Game 7!!!

Today I say Game 4 2004. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?:
    I would say when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl by defeating the Rams 20-17, as Adam Vinatieri made a game-winning 48-yard field goal as time expired. However, I will never forget the final game of the 2004 World Series. Renteria hit a ground ball that bounced back to Foulke on the mound. Foulke threw it underhand to Mientkiewicz at first base to end the game, and win the series. No more wait until next year. No more "Curse of the Bambino". No more Yankees fans yelling '1918'!
    Posted by -EdithBunker-

Red Sox winning the World Series in 2004.  At least we didn't end up like the Chicago Cubs who are unfortunately still waiting to win the World Series.   I really would like to see them win the World Series soon. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Good luck Bruins! What is the most exciting Boston championship game you've ever watched?:
    Certainly there has been no "exciting" hockey in over 10 years. The league was watered down to accomodate expansion to southern cites , where the people mostly don't want or like hockey. Then further messed up with a salary cap , which now allows cheapskate owners form Chicago and Boston to compete. For me the NHL pretty much died when Ray Bourque as traded so he could win a Cup in Colorado. A total insult to longtime Bruins fans ( yes, I was one of them). I have never forgiven them for sending Raymond away to win a Cup instead of building a serious contender around one of the greatest defensemen who ever played the game. The NHL season has been reduced to a long, boring joke. One which is not very funny to fans of the golden era, when superstars were able to create plays and were not snuffed out in favor of defensive systems that stifle creativity and create snoozefests on the cold winter nights and too far into summer.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

They did build a serious contender around Ray, 2 that went to finals where they ran into one of the great all-time teams each time.  They also had trips to the conference final with Bourque where they were defeated by some pretty good Pittsburgh teams, if you recall.  During #77's tenure, I believe they set a record for most consecutive play-off appearences, until his last year when he was traded.

I think trading him was the right thing to do for Bourque.  I personally didn't get any satisfaction out of seeing him win in Colorado, probably cuz I hated Roy so much, but he deserved to have 1 last shot to get his name on the cup.  I do think it is incredibly lame that the Avs retired #77.

The quality of the game dipped in the late 90's and early 00's but it has been back and as entertaining as ever for the last 5+ years.  If you don't think great players make great plays in todays game, you either don't watch or don't understand hockey.  If you haven't been able to get excited about this 2 month run the B's are on, that is a you problem. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Cheapskate Jacobs always seemed to be one player short of a championship because he was a tightwad and wouldn't add at the deadline.

In one trip to the finals during Bourque's era, a Gretzky-less Oilers team beat the B's on a goal by Petr Klima (a player that the Oilers added for depth), the Bruins mentality was always to take the cheap way out, this bit them time and again during the years Jacobs has owned the team, as the team went through goalies and coaches the way most teams go through Zamboni tires. But , alas, the salary cap has leveled the field so now the Bruins can operate like a small market team. But it matters not to me, the golden age of hockey died with Bourque, Messier, Gretzky, Neely, Lemieux, Kurri, Dionne, Coffey , Yzerman, Modano, Stastny and all the other supertsars of those great days. The league is a mass of mediocrity and is a virtual snoozefest most nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Again, if you found yourself snoozing against MTL, PHI, TB or VAN that sir is a you problem.  Maybe you should invest in a new T.V. set. 

Just a friendly heads up.... you are dangerously close to sounding like "back in my day" Joe Morgan with your golden age talk.  Soon you will be talking about how you walked through 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways, so you could watch Cam Neely while you ate a Snickers bar that cost 20 cents.  Embrace the now or become the past.

Even w/out Gretzky those Oiler teams were still loaded.  I agree that the Bruins certainly cut corners in those years, but you can't say that a team that went to 4 conference finals and 2 cup finals in 5 years wasn't a contender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Tie between 2004 and 2007 WS Game 4's and Game 6 2008 NBA Finals, the Pats winning the Superbowls in 2001, 2003, and 2004  and hopefully Game 7 of the Stanley Cup tonight will bring me even more elation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Game 4 2004 ALCS, hands down. Unreal. I could watch those last games a thousand times and never get bored. And I have. I can practically recite what the announcers are going to say. lol

I should also say that I never gave the WS a thought as far as beating them. I called a sweep, and never had any doubt. The ALCS was what I was concerned with, for whatever reason. After that, it was just icing on the cake they already had. IMO

Sections
Shortcuts