Good News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Good News

Rookie Xander is starting to get hot, 9 for his last 15 and another HR today. He starting to get hot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Good News

He's going to be a superstar in this league. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Great, and our idiot leader in the front office in his infinite wisdom decides to sign the same guy who rejected his offer to replace him at ss and not plug a hole at 3b

how about this SDrew - you want to play and get paid, move over to 3b because we have a 21 yr old who is our future - and you have already decided before you even play a game this season that youre moving on to the highest bidder...

unfbelievable

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Good News..Geiko just saved me 15 percent on my auto insurance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Great, and our idiot leader in the front office in his infinite wisdom decides to sign the same guy who rejected his offer to replace him at ss and not plug a hole at 3b

how about this SDrew - you want to play and get paid, move over to 3b because we have a 21 yr old who is our future - and you have already decided before you even play a game this season that youre moving on to the highest bidder...

unfbelievable

I would have to disagree, Xander by virtually every fielding stat has been well below avg defensively at ss. I think 3B is a better sport for him. He just doesn't have the range to excel at shortstop. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

unfbelievable

I would have to disagree, Xander by virtually every fielding stat has been well below avg defensively at ss. I think 3B is a better sport for him. He just doesn't have the range to excel at shortstop. 

maybe more than 40 games is needed....he hasnt been great but he hasnt been horrrible and costly...its worth a shot - especially with this lousy crew...instead of replacing Xander, why not  "rest" Grady Seizmore and some of the dead weight pitchers who barely show up to pitch these days..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

unfbelievable

maybe more than 40 games is needed....he hasnt been great but he hasnt been horrrible and costly...its worth a shot - especially with this lousy crew...instead of replacing Xander, why not  "rest" Grady Seizmore and some of the dead weight pitchers who barely show up to pitch these days..

He's not a SS.  He'll still get his AB's and he's a major league hitter but he's completely over-matched in the field at SS - we saw that last year.  Yet he held his own at 3b last year.  It's the right move.  But it can't be the only move.  We need a clean up hitter badly.  And I don't care if Naps is throwing up a lung, he is in my line up tomorrow night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

unfbelievable

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh, are you sure Xander isnt just lazy/overconfident/going-through-the-motions?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

unfbelievable

[object HTMLDivElement]

im beginning to think you dont even watch the games to spout some of the nonsense you come up with...Bogarts might be the only one who is pressing too hard...the rest...they chill like you Space..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

unfbelievable

Yes, I think the Red Sox GM job has a shelf life and like theo, Ben has seen his finer days.  I don't think Drew should have been taken back  The sox made a nice a offer and he rejected it.  Saying that, competition is good and Xander is now in fear of his job.  But this could have been achieved by sending him down for a week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

unfbelievable

[object HTMLDivElement]

im beginning to think you dont even watch the games to spout some of the nonsense you come up with...Bogarts might be the only one who is pressing too hard...the rest...they chill like you Space..

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't get my wrong, I love me some Xander Bogaerts.  I just think its funny that you can, with such certainty, ascribe underlying motivation or lack-there-of to players.  Pretty funny.

And, FWIW, I am far from chill.  I just don't care to generate all this negative energy around things I have no control over, nor pass psychological judgement on people when I am never even in the same room with them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

unfbelievable

He's not a SS.  He'll still get his AB's and he's a major league hitter but he's completely over-matched in the field at SS - we saw that last year.  Yet he held his own at 3b last year.  It's the right move.  But it can't be the only move.  We need a clean up hitter badly.  And I don't care if Naps is throwing up a lung, he is in my line up tomorrow night.

The way he played today is a good sign.  Going forward, here is hoping he plays like he did today at whichever position he ends up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

unfbelievable

The way he played today is a good sign.  Going forward, here is hoping he plays like he did today at whichever position he ends up.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Huh?  Drew's hiring had nothing to do with lighting a fire under Bogaerts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Boagerts needs to play SS.  Moving him to 3B just blocks Cecchini - They should have just called up Cecchini and played the two kids. 

They are 6 under .500 - let the kids play - it will pay off later

Defense.  It is still important.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Xander should be moved to 3 B-no question--no pampering. Xander should have been benched after allowing Encarnacion to make first in the 8 th on the roller to SS. Yes Drew would have made that play. Yes Holt would have made that play. A decent HS SS would have made that play.

No gutts JF allowed him to stay in the game when he could have taught him a lesson and  benched him for the next inning and had him lose an AB. Why--because Baddenhop or Breslow had to throw extra pitches and might have been charged with an earned run. 

Next move tomorrow JBJ should be reporting to AAA for as long as it takes him to figure out what it takes to be a major leaguer. 

#34--Buch to AAA to figure out what he should be doing to pitch to major league batters. Yes I did predict after being swept by the Tigers the Sox would finish the home stand with an OFOR.

Watch out for the Rays--the Sox are sliding and the Rays are at home could the losing streak be extended to 10 games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Boagerts needs to play SS.  Moving him to 3B just blocks Cecchini - They should have just called up Cecchini and played the two kids. 

They are 6 under .500 - let the kids play - it will pay off later

You could always use your surplus to trade for someone proven

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If they trade Cecchini or Boagerts it would be dumb - unless Stanton shows up in Fenway

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!!  NESN IS REPLAYING TODAY'S GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  MAYBE LESTER WON'T SUCK QUITE AS BAD @ 8PM???!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!!  NESN IS REPLAYING TODAY'S GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  MAYBE LESTER WON'T SUCK QUITE AS BAD @ 8PM???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, if I were alone I just might watch it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Darn.  You mean the Red Sox won't win the WS every year?  Fire everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

unfbelievable

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

looks like geo has gone off the deep end.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

unfbelievable

I agree. I think 3B is a better position given his athletic abilities. I do not see his range increasing significantly. Bogaerts will be part of the rebuilding process for this team, no doubt.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

unfbelievable

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

looks like geo has gone off the deep end.

Can't say as I blame him Ex. Grim times. Everyone handles it differently.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

When I read the headline 'Good News,' I thought the FO had put half the team on waivers. Oh, well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Breaking Good News: Cat saves boy from dog!

Sections
Shortcuts