Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

This is the guy that got us Aceves and Nava, among others. I think Ben Cherington has to be relieved that he is staying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying

In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'm good with anyone who brought us Aceves, even if he was the only one.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]I think Allard Baird is a baseball genius. I was saying a couple of months ago that he should be the guy in charge of evaluating all future FA signings. BTW, why did you take me off your friends' list? I thought we were finally getting along.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well, I'm good with anyone who brought us Aceves, even if he was the only one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Agree. Glad he is staying. It's kind of funny to read the board here in Boston and see the moaning and groaning over the season. Yet look at Baltimore. A Baird is a person qualified to be GM. He wants to be GM. Yet the Baltimore situation with current ownership is so bad, that Baird is the 3rd person to turn the job down? I wonder if the last hope in Baltimore is triple D ( desperate Dan Duquette)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/ This is the guy that got us Aceves and Nava, among others. I think Ben Cherington has to be relieved that he is staying.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I agree carnie Baird is a talent any organization would love to have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Agree. Glad he is staying. It's kind of funny to read the board here in Boston and see the moaning and groaning over the season. Yet look at Baltimore. A Baird is a person qualified to be GM. He wants to be GM. Yet the Baltimore situation with current ownership is so bad, that Baird is the 3rd person to turn the job down? I wonder if the last hope in Baltimore is triple D ( desperate Dan Duquette)
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]They could do a lot worse than bringing in the Duke. After all Duke pulled off probably the greatest heist in Red Sox history, Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe for Heathcliff Slocumb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : I think Allard Baird is a baseball genius. I was saying a couple of months ago that he should be the guy in charge of evaluating all future FA signings. BTW, why did you take me off your friends' list? I thought we were finally getting along.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I don't know a lot about Baird, but like I said, if he gave us Aceves I'm all in on him staying. I really like him, he's been a great player for the Sox, and I don't know what we would have done without him in 2011. Had it ended differently, he would be a hero for us. And his quirkiness is all the better in my opinion. I'm a card-carrying 100% fan of the Idiots, so he's right up my alley. If he wants to take a number to honor Dennis Rodman, I think that's hilarious. I've always been a march to your own drummer fan.

As for your last question...you're a big fan of abusive Yankee fans. I'm not. The same thing as with Harness, we're just two different people when it comes to things like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : I think Allard Baird is a baseball genius. I was saying a couple of months ago that he should be the guy in charge of evaluating all future FA signings. BTW, why did you take me off your friends' list? I thought we were finally getting along.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

He was also in on the Lakey and Crawford show. So that must make Theo a genius too!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : He was also in on the Lakey and Crawford show. So that must make Theo a genius too!!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]Source?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : OK.. Source he wasn't?? Since you made first call .Lets hear he wasn't??? If Baird was soooooooo blindsided on bad sigings please let us all know he only was involved in good deals..... Well tell us mister mouth !!!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]You're the one who said he was a key guy in signing Lackey and Crawford. And there's no need to call names thank you very much. And you misspelled Lackey too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : Source?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

OK.. Source he wasn't?? Since you made first call .Lets hear he wasn't??? If Baird was soooooooo blindsided on bad sigings please let us all know he only was involved in good deals..... Well tell us mister mouth !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : We are both dummies. Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]I'll agree with you there. Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : You're the one who said he was a key guy in signing Lackey and Crawford. And there's no need to call names thank you very much. And you misspelled Lackey too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I can't spell you can't read....Baird was involved, never said KEY!!! in signing LACKEY( with a C ) We are both dummies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Is the Crawford signing for seven years already considered a failure with six years to go on the contract? Why not wait? Where is patience? Why the infantile response to go into a baby tantrum and pout so soon? There are too many so called fans here who feel entitled or else they are trolling. It gets boring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : I don't know a lot about Baird, but like I said, if he gave us Aceves I'm all in on him staying. I really like him, he's been a great player for the Sox, and I don't know what we would have done without him in 2011. Had it ended differently, he would be a hero for us. And his quirkiness is all the better in my opinion. I'm a card-carrying 100% fan of the Idiots, so he's right up my alley. If he wants to take a number to honor Dennis Rodman, I think that's hilarious. I've always been a march to your own drummer fan. As for your last question...you're a big fan of abusive Yankee fans. I'm not. The same thing as with Harness, we're just two different people when it comes to things like that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Poor Harness; if only he had your judgement in character.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : Poor Harness; if only he had your judgement in character.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a negative comment about Harness or Carnie, just a difference in opinion, or perspective. If you admire a middle-aged or older man who comes to a rival team's message board to put up insulting pics of posters because they say things about their favorite baseball team, then that's your judgement of character.

Btw, what is, IYO, my judgement of character since you brought it up?

IMO you've been the biggest nightmare in regards to Harness. You asked him to friend you because you said you had all these ideas about posters here. You said you figured out who people were as far as multiple identities and wanted to talk to him about it. Btw, why would a Yankee fan even spend their time doing that? That's a little odd. After that, Sox posters were banned if they "needled" Yankee fans, Harness started posting on the Yankee/Sox sideboard and then IMO (not his as he has said that), he completely changed, and became much more about the Yankee fans here. Again, JMO, but I knew him before that happened.

You need to find a Yankee board, and stop trying to turn this into a Yankee/Sox board just because you don't want to do that. I have no problem with Yankee fans coming here and giving their comments, but when you can't say anything that may upset them or your posts are removed, and in some cases Sox posters are banned, then there's something wrong with this picture. Especially, since you seem to be able to say whatever you want about the Sox, and that's all good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good news for the Sox: Baird is staying : That wasn't a negative comment about Harness or Carnie, just a difference in opinion, or perspective. If you admire a middle-aged or older man who comes to a rival team's message board to put up insulting pics of posters because they say things about their favorite baseball team, then that's your judgement of character. Btw, what is, IYO, my judgement of character since you brought it up? IMO you've been the biggest nightmare in regards to Harness. You asked him to friend you because you said you had all these ideas about posters here. You said you figured out who people were as far as multiple identities and wanted to talk to him about it. Btw, why would a Yankee fan even spend their time doing that? That's a little odd. After that, Sox posters were banned if they "needled" Yankee fans, Harness started posting on the Yankee/Sox sideboard and then IMO (not his as he has said that), he completely changed, and became much more about the Yankee fans here. Again, JMO, but I knew him before that happened. You need to find a Yankee board, and stop trying to turn this into a Yankee/Sox board just because you don't want to do that. I have no problem with Yankee fans coming here and giving their comments, but when you can't say anything that may upset them or your posts are removed, and in some cases Sox posters are banned, then there's something wrong with this picture. Especially, since you seem to be able to say whatever you want about the Sox, and that's all good.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Is it a difference in perspective by saying someone else likes abusive Yankee fans, but that's, to quote "not me?" That's not a dig to Harness, me, & others at the same time? Really? It appears you protest too much, which is your way of responding to a remark that you can't defend.

More fiction from the queen of it. And, FWIW, I'm not a fan of those wierd pics, and that is not my responsibility. And, as far as my damage here, you need to look in the mirror, with your accusation of RS posters who are Yankee poster lovers, your repetitive and angry posts, your hypocritical use of the abuse and insult card yet it's OK for you to do it, both personally and on an aggregate basissuch as your twisted rants of this board, accusations of RS fans as really Yankee fans incognito, and umpires. It also appears you've alienated and lost most of the friends you had here, either because they've had enough or you decided they didn't meet your Yankee hating specifications. And according to you, I'm an azz. 

As far as this board goes, I've been here for 6+ yrs. I've been friends with Harness ever since, and not just recently, and have alliances with a bunch of RS fans (and not the side board, where I was on only a couple of times in April, before it petered out). And, I haven't been here lately as often as you, where you claim I'm here all the time causing trouble and getting away with it. Most of my comments are benign sports or distraction related (such as the Movie thing, The Rubber Room), but I won't put up with your hostile and nutty diatribes, and occassionally others. Given the above, and your denial of your suddenly dysfunctional yet talented team that you thought should have won the WS but was thwarted by the powers that be, I may need a new board, but you need a new sport.

Sections
Shortcuts