Good news: Sim game goes well for Buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Good news: Sim game goes well for Buchholz

A 32-pitch simulated game this afternoon went well for Clay Buchholz and he’s scheduled to throw another Thursday or Friday as the 27-year old right-hander continues to takes steps to recover from the stress fracture in his lower that’s sidelined him since June.

“He actually looked pretty good,” Francona said. “We’ll obviously see how he bounces back and see when and where we go with the next step.”

Buchholz said he wants to pitch in the postseason but it’s still not certain. He could see action before the season ends, he said, but “that’s the team’s call.”

“It’s been tough watching the guys go out there,” he said. “Even when we’re playing good, I want to go out there. It’s tough right now. like I said, I’m trying to get to the point where I can come back and help this team win."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: Good news: Sim game goes well for Buchholz

nickcafardo profile

nickcafardo Buchholz said he felt no pain in the one long simulated inning. He hopes to be ready as a reliever in playoffs

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Tomorrow morning will be the real determinant. Will be be sore tomorrow?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

we can only hope he can give us a few innings

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

anybody got the radar gun readings? Did he touch 90?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR he sounds like he really wants to come back. I sure want him to come back. I just hope they don't rush it if he's not ready. Ellsbury should stand as an example of what could happen when you have a chance to heal. I'd hate for him to be the example of what could happen when you don't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Good.  I'd take him in the rotation over Lackey even if he could only go 3IP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It is a simulated game against guys on his own team. He threw 32 pitches and he hasn't pitched in a game since June. Do you think the Red Sox will risk the future in the hopes he can give them an inning or two of relief?  Please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

In Response to Re: Good news: Sim game goes well for Buchholz:
    Good.  I'd take him in the rotation over Lackey even if he could only go 3IP.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

With the addition of Crawford and Gonzalez the bar has been set and the Red Sox are that bar.

Atleast 105 games more likely 114.

Sections
Shortcuts