Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops

Down 5-0, same bad team, same bad pitching from a SP, same bad lineups by BV, same Daniel Nava, popup and a K. But by all means let Valentine end the season as the Manager so that when they finish 15 games under .500 we can hear how it's really not any of his fault, just the coaches he inherited, the players he inherited, the GM he inherited, the media he inherited, the injuries, and we can continue to lament about how important it is to show the players that by sticking with Valentine, it's the team/franchise that wins, not the players...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops

At least the players can't use BV as an excuse...yup, keep telling yourselves that with perhaps the worst Sox team and worst Sox manager combined going briefly back to Joe Kerrigan and then prior to Dick Williams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops:
    [QUOTE]Down 5-0, same bad team, same bad pitching from a SP, same bad lineups by BV, same Daniel Nava, popup and a K. But by all means let Valentine end the season as the Manager so that when they finish 15 games under .500 we can hear how it's really not any of his fault, just the coaches he inherited, the players he inherited, the GM he inherited, the media he inherited, the injuries, and we can continue to lament about how important it is to show the players that by sticking with Valentine, it's the team/franchise that wins, not the players...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]You hate Bobby V. Got it. Any other opinions?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yes, pretty much anyone taking over the helm at this point would be refreshing. Let Jerry Royster get some managerial experience. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The guy is an alltime joke. Maybe at one time he was a decent manager, but not anymore. And it's showing on a daily basis just how far he can go to not get fired. He can say whatever wants about the organization and still keep his job, I find that in itself fascinating. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why would firing a pitching coach inspire anything?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

right, so why fire McClure? To satisfy who? Bobby Valentine, that's who.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops:
    [QUOTE]The guy is an alltime joke. Maybe at one time he was a decent manager, but not anymore. And it's showing on a daily basis just how far he can go to not get fired. He can say whatever wants about the organization and still keep his job, I find that in itself fascinating. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]I kind of wish we could resurrect Dick Williams. I'm not going to cheer for a team full of crybabies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For the record, he mocked McClure when the guy was dealing with a medical emergency for his kid, but it's a "vacation" as told by BV. BV, the guy who said, "That's why so many players don't sign in Boston. It's a lot of noise to deal with and it's a lot easier to just play the game in a smaller market." Way to help the GM there, BV. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]right, so why fire McClure? To satisfy who? Bobby Valentine, that's who.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

wondering if getting rid of Mcclure was a nod to BV for next season, danny. Otherwise, why do it now?? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

It's an impressive effort tonight, nonetheless. Inspiring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bay, they are going to keep that piece of junk at manager and frankly when the stuff starts all over again next Spring, you will see Tuck fired, you will see Bogar fired, and you will see 3 or 4 key players be jetisoned to satisfy...Bobby Valentine, the new General in Charge of Sox Nation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In Response to Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops:
    [QUOTE]the coaches he inherited, the players he inherited, the GM he inherited, the media he inherited, the injuries,
    Bobby can take his share of the responsibility but you have to admit that all of these factors play a part in this terrible season.  Remember he wasn't even here yet for that horrendous collapse last Sept.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]bay, they are going to keep that piece of junk at manager and frankly when the stuff starts all over again next Spring, you will see Tuck fired, you will see Bogar fired, and you will see 3 or 4 key players be jetisoned to satisfy...Bobby Valentine, the new General in Charge of Sox Nation.

IDK, danny. Tuck is a player favorite and he and Valentine don't speak. Dont think they'll clean house for a manager that wont be there longer than one more season. if they keep him, it will be just waiting for Farrell. not sure Henry will tolerate another season like this one. NESN ratings alone, have gone down 50%.It's a mess, no doubt about it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why is it when you point out what a poor manager, communicator, motivator little bobby v. is, you're a "hater?"

What if we are simply pointing out the FACT that he has significantly added to the total dysfunction on this ballclub, by his lack of communication, poor management, and the constant idiotic things he manifestly SAYS???

Why is telling the truth equivalent to being a HATER?  It's beyond question that bobby v. has been a failure as a manager.  Yes!  He was never given a chance!  Yes!  He was undercut by mgmt & ownership from day 1.  YES!  The players are 95% to blame!!!!!!  BUT...  All that is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE OF little bobby v. being an abject failure, a clown, & an ALL AROUND bad mlb manager!!!!

Wake up!  Stop the demagoguery!  Grow up!

This is HARDBALL!  Not the Chris Mathews, I have a tingle up my leg when I think of bobby v. style, but hardball none the less.  Definitely not slow pitch softball!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

here come the ad hominem attacks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

ok  ok  ok.....  I guess mine was somewhat of an ad hominem attack on "little" bobby v????     :)   Please excuse my attacks upon his person!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The major point being....  he has been an abject failure as a manager!

Just like Obama has been an abject failure as president!

Just like GWB was an abject failure as president!

Bi-partisans agree!!!!  The three s uck ar ss!   :) 

Crudely put, but all true :(

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it when you point out what a poor manager, communicator, motivator little bobby v. is, you're a "hater?" What if we are simply pointing out the FACT that he has significantly added to the total dysfunction on this ballclub, by his lack of communication, poor management, and the constant idiotic things he manifestly SAYS??? Why is telling the truth equivalent to being a HATER?  It's beyond question that bobby v. has been a failure as a manager.  Yes!  He was never given a chance!  Yes!  He was undercut by mgmt & ownership from day 1.  YES!  The players are 95% to blame!!!!!!  BUT...  All that is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE OF little bobby v. being an abject failure, a clown, & an ALL AROUND bad mlb manager!!!! Wake up!  Stop the demagoguery!  Grow up! This is HARDBALL!  Not the Chris Mathews, I have a tingle up my leg when I think of bobby v. style, but hardball none the less.  Definitely not slow pitch softball!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]I never called you a hater. I'm pretty sure I called you a quitter once, and you called me all kinds of names after that. But I harbor no ill feelings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : I never called you a hater. I'm pretty sure I called you a quitter once, and you called me all kinds of names after that. But I harbor no ill feelings.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Carnie!  You've always been a stand up guy!  I, on occasion, have really bad days.  Mainly this season.

:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Well, in fairness to Cook, he can be as motivated and inspired all he wants....but he's still Aaron Cook. I'm sure he doesn't want to stink, it's just who he is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  I know you weren't talking to me.  I just had to throw down :&

You guys are all right in my book :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Well, in fairness to Cook, he can be as motivated and inspired all he wants....but he's still Aaron Cook. I'm sure he doesn't want to stink, it's just who he is.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

VERY salient point!

Can I just blame it on bobby to stay on point?    :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : I never called you a hater. I'm pretty sure I called you a quitter once, and you called me all kinds of names after that. But I harbor no ill feelings.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I did kind of go off on you that day, didn't I???

Can't even remember over what??

I come from a long line of over-reactors........   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]The major point being....  he has been an abject failure as a manager! Just like Obama has been an abject failure as president! Just like GWB was an abject failure as president! Bi-partisans agree!!!!  The three s uck ar ss!   :)  Crudely put, but all true :(
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Yup, an important point.  When I see someone defend Obama, it usually involves 'Bsuh was an idiot'.  My response is usally along the lines of 'your rationale for voting for an idiot was that the last guy was an idiot?'.

Same with Valentine.  It isn't all his fault.  We had a lot of injuries.  But the injuries are not supposed to be an excuse for his ineptitude and the poisonous atmosphere he is promulgating.