Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops

the last four words resonate. I agree 100 percent with the four words. It's as accurate as the lack of drive in that clubhouse/dugout. Just no heart left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops:
    [QUOTE]the last four words resonate. I agree 100 percent with the four words. It's as accurate as the lack of drive in that clubhouse/dugout. Just no heart left.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Yes@  atmosphere He is promulgating?  Yes! 

This late show of support by mgmt., LL, & ownership is pathetically transparent!  It simply won't work at this point!  THIS IS FUBAR!!!   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : Thanks Carnie!  You've always been a stand up guy!  I, on occasion, have really bad days.  Mainly this season. :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

This season is like "Groundhog Day".  I want it over with so much, but am completely bummed that it almost is!  Then I have to wait all winter and early spring for it all to start over......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Plus:  the bullpen did a great job!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : Yes@  atmosphere He is promulgating?  Yes!  This late show of support by mgmt., LL, & ownership is pathetically transparent!  It simply won't work at this point!  THIS IS FUBAR!!!   

FUBAR is the new way of doing business in the MLB, isn't it?  Or is FUBAR the news organization that exclusively covers the Sox Soap Opera?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Carnie and dog are both 2 of the best posters on this site, so I am glad you guys are not going to get into a forum brawl with each other...As to Bobby V., I cannot imagine him being back next year under any circumstances...Despite all the Fowlgate crybabies, monsieur, Bobby V. only made it worse with his gaffefest, so I am kind of with dog on this one...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Carnie and dog are both 2 of the best posters on this site, so I am glad you guys are not going to get into a forum brawl with each other...As to Bobby V., I cannot imagine him being back next year under any circumstances...Despite all the Fowlgate crybabies, monsieur, Bobby V. only made it worse with his gaffefest, so I am kind of with dog on this one...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

No worries.  I like Carnie!@  I occasionally go off on everybody, but I really don't mean anything by it.  Except for Softy!  I always calm down, then apologize.  It's pretty much "just fun" for me.  I like the intellectual stimulation, & blowing off a bit of steam with the RS.

It's all good :)  I hope some of the guys I've gone off on haven't taken too much offense?  Again....  except for Softy.  All offense intended :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Plus I'm Irish Catholic, originally from Southy :)  What are you gonna go???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : No worries.  I like Carnie!@  I occasionally go off on everybody, but I really don't mean anything by it.  Except for Softy!  I always calm down, then apologize.  It's pretty much "just fun" for me.  I like the intellectual stimulation, & blowing off a bit of steam with the RS. It's all good :)  I hope some of the guys I've gone off on haven't taken too much offense?  Again....  except for Softy.  All offense intended :)
    Glad to hear it dog...And I am no saint...When the abuse from pike and KST piled up, I went after both of them, especially the latter...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : Glad to hear it dog...And I am no saint...When the abuse from pike and KST piled up, I went after both of them, especially the latter...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

Me thinkith KST duth protest too much?  Same with Pike.  Is that the random numbers & letters guy???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Night :)

I think everybody got themselves a bit worked up lately?  No worries.  Everybody needs to chill out & have a little bit of fun on here.  It's gotten crazy lately. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, he mocked McClure when the guy was dealing with a medical emergency for his kid, but it's a "vacation" as told by BV. BV, the guy who said, "That's why so many players don't sign in Boston. It's a lot of noise to deal with and it's a lot easier to just play the game in a smaller market." Way to help the GM there, BV. 

Gordon Edes, formerly Globe, now ESPN Boston, was the only writer who jumped on BV for his statement about how hard it is to play in Boston and it's obvious unintended (it's always unintended with BV, isn't it? Like Middlebrooks?) rip on the Sox organization and the Sox media. If that was any private or public company and a person as high as "Manager" said that publicly about his/her company, that person would have likely been fired or at least suspended. Nothing happened to BV, nothing. He was mostly left off the hook by the media, and for the 7,000 truly inept things he's said, that line was flat out insurbordination. It's like Patton saying the Nazis had better tanks, you can think it, you can be right about it, but you don't say it publicly and you certainly don't do it from a morale standpoint. The players see this stuff, see these comments, and they must privately cringe or even chuckle at his recent bout of being in his own words, "I don't think I'm a fool." No, BV, you just play one in real life. By the way, BV is no Patton, not even remotely close, and I apologize to the General for using him as an example of what to say and what not to say to the media. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : Gordon Edes, formerly Globe, now ESPN Boston, was the only writer who jumped on BV for his statement about how hard it is to play in Boston and it's obvious unintended (it's always unintended with BV, isn't it? Like Middlebrooks?) rip on the Sox organization and the Sox media. If that was any private or public company and a person as high as "Manager" said that publicly about his/her company, that person would have likely been fired or at least suspended. Nothing happened to BV, nothing. He was mostly left off the hook by the media, and for the 7,000 truly inept things he's said, that line was flat out insurbordination. It's like Patton saying the Nazis had better tanks, you can think it, you can be right about it, but you don't say it publicly and you certainly don't do it from a morale standpoint. The players see this stuff, see these comments, and they must privately cringe or even chuckle at his recent bout of being in his own words, "I don't think I'm a fool." No, BV, you just play one in real life. By the way, BV is no Patton, not even remotely close, and I apologize to the General for using him as an example of what to say and what not to say to the media. 

Interesting post; BTW, were you happy with Tito?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

nh, I was content, I would not use the word "happy" to describe my feelings about Tito's managing, more so since 2009. I never thought he would lose his job, nor did I ever, ever call for his firing. I was flat out trying to see Jimy W get fired during his time as I believed he was actually completely nuts. Tito had what amounts to one of the worst months in the history of bad months by good teams. But he also had 2 WS titles and plenty of 92 to 95 win seasons and I think even if he was manager right now...there is no way this team is 4 games under .500. I'm thinking at least 5 over at the worst--even with all the dysfunction--but how much of that would be even in the media if Tito were still managing? Answer, probably none of it. He wouldn't allow for it--Beckett ultimately was Tito's biggest nightmare. I don't think anyone else was all that bad or undermining Tito. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The people who wanted Tito fired---fanwise--are basically all on this particular Forum. How do I know? They have stood by BV during all of this and they have rubber-stamped the executives once again in their thinking that BV is above all of this stuff-and should not be blamed for a miserable Sox season. I also know this because I think I'm the only poster who called for his firing publicly here back in May, and have done so ever since. This guy has got to be fired--I don't know how many more examples of stupidity I need to see from him. Others simply have generated their hate at the high-priced players, and maybe rightfully so, but to not even acknowledge that BV is behaving so not like a manager, and to not admit he was an absolute terrible hire, is just crazy. I feel like the doctor at the end of Bridge on the River Kwai---"Madness...it's madness!!!"....It really is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good To See The McClure Firing Inspire the Troops : Me thinkith KST duth protest too much?  Same with Pike.  Is that the random numbers & letters guy???
    Yes...Among many other aliases...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tito's best attribute was deflecting the media into thinking Boston's clubhouse was Camelot. He did it so well and overcame two volatile situations--first Nomar, then Manny. This year, from day 1 in Spring Training, there's been nothing but one nutty BV reference after another, and again, rinse and repeat. The losses keep coming, the team keeps ignoring the problems--then they think to solve their problems they have to show unity toward defending BV. Even firing guys who can't communicate with him. A great leader finds a way to communicate to his employees and fellow coaches--that's what a great leader does. He doesn't corner himself and then hire an extra pitching coach because he doesn't like the guy who is paid to do that job. BV is a terrible leader. He may have been for a while a good one with the Mets, but they also had a very talented team when they made the WS that one year. Tito has never been a great dugout tactician, but watching BV day in and day out, I can't say he's been very good either in that department--and that was supposedly a strength of his. What Tito did better than BV was make the media his friend and take care of anything player-related by not ever embarrassing his players or calling out his players thus stopping any media scrutiny to go farther than a Shaugnessy column. Now? Let's face it, every day, there is something to rip the Sox about by the media and mostly it involves BV.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The manager should never be the story. It rarely ever was in Tito's tenure--maybe at the very end of last year and his "resignation."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Plus I'm Irish Catholic, originally from Southy :)  What are you gonna go???
    Irish Catholic to the nines ...My dad is from Roscommon, and my mom is from Mayo...Plus my wife is from Belfast, so I have it via injection as well...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Well, in fairness to Cook, he can be as motivated and inspired all he wants....but he's still Aaron Cook. I'm sure he doesn't want to stink, it's just who he is.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

You know, of the 11 hits he gave up, 9 were singles, most of them were the  "seeing eye" variety. Until the HR, he had a tough luck outing. That's baseball.

However, the Sox had opportunities to get back in the game, but the lack of timely hitting reared it's ugly head again.
    other than that, it was a decent game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The people who wanted Tito fired---fanwise--are basically all on this particular Forum. How do I know? They have stood by BV during all of this and they have rubber-stamped the executives once again in their thinking that BV is above all of this stuff-and should not be blamed for a miserable Sox season. I also know this because I think I'm the only poster who called for his firing publicly here back in May, and have done so ever since. This guy has got to be fired--I don't know how many more examples of stupidity I need to see from him. Others simply have generated their hate at the high-priced players, and maybe rightfully so, but to not even acknowledge that BV is behaving so not like a manager, and to not admit he was an absolute terrible hire, is just crazy. I feel like the doctor at the end of Bridge on the River Kwai---"Madness...it's madness!!!"....It really is.

I wasn't calling for his firing in May but I was amazed that he was hired.

He really is not good with people.  Just watching him talk makes me uncomfortable.  He reminds me of a guy trying to sell a vacuum cleaner at Sears that is on commission.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How many more times does he have to wipe his eyes or cover his eyes with both hands in between questions at the postgame press conference....he really must hate those press conferences. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]How many more times does he have to wipe his eyes or cover his eyes with both hands in between questions at the postgame press conference....he really must hate those press conferences. 

His whole vibe is disingenuous.  The fake smile, the dead eyes.  The fake laugh.

People don't follow a guy like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

That's how he comes off to me. You know maybe now I just hate him for being disingenous. I don't trust what he says about anything. He fakes it. Tito? Half the time, you knew he was pulling your leg, and the other times he would tell funny stories or make a funny line that would trip up the media room. But my favorite was his pet peeve about media taking cell phone calls during his media session...to one writer who was I think telling his wife what he wanted for dinner...Tito pauses, stares, waits...."Are you done???"...man, I miss that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

"It’s definitely weird for me because him and I had a good relationship, as far as of talking pitching and everything,” Buchholz said of McClure. “For all the struggles we’ve had as a team, I think that was more of a business decision than anything. They were trying to make a change and see if something can spark us. 

"I liked him and I’ll still talk to him during the offseason. He was good for me and there were a lot of times during the season all the doubts of me as a pitcher, and all the thoughts mentally weren’t right, but we were able to talk about it and get through it.” 

Doesn't sound like a pitching coach who deserved to be fired.