Goodbye Wake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Goodbye Wake

As class an act as you can be as a ballplayer, and my personal favorite Sock. The first game I ever went to was seeing his 2000th strikeout as a Sox player this summer; 3 standing ovations, each one bigger than the last. That was such a thrill for me personally. I know a lot of people on this board stick pins in little Tim Wakefield dolls, but I for one wanted to see him break the wins record; even if in my mind I knew his time had come. Goodbye Mr. Wakefield. Things just won't be the same without the fanbase pulling their collective hairs out while you dance another one over the plate. With you, the knuckleball dies.

It was fun, Timmy. Good luck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Goodbye Wake

Via con Dios Wake. Thanks for everything!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Cherry finally had the masculine makeup to pull the plug on the fiasco. If he offered Wakefield a MLB contract, you can bet that Wakefield would come running back from the proverbial curb he was kicked to.

It should never end up like that. When a player gets old and fails to produce for an entire season, that should be enough for the player to drop the foolish pride and stop taking advantage of good will.

Wakefield's ending was ugly, only because Wakefield chose to put the Red Sox in the position of making it ugly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Goodbye Wake:
    [QUOTE]Cherry finally had the masculine makeup to pull the plug on the fiasco. If he offered Wakefield a MLB contract, you can bet that Wakefield would come running back from the proverbial curb he was kicked to. It should never end up like that. When a player gets old and fails to produce for an entire season, that should be enough for the player to drop the foolish pride and stop taking advantage of good will. Wakefield's ending was ugly, only because Wakefield chose to put the Red Sox in the position of making it ugly.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

The same thing will happen to Ortiz next winter thanks to that stupid ARB ruling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Goodbye Wake": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodbye Wake : The same thing will happen to Ortiz thanks to that stupid ARB ruling. Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] Ortiz isn't going anywhere...as Sox fans , we should hope he has a solid year and just be glad he's not wearing pinstripes....if we don't offer him arbitration, Hank likely makes him an offer he can't refuse...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ortiz has been a top tier producer every year of his Red Sox career. If Ortiz delcines and becomes unproductive for a full season, like Wakefield, my hope is that Ortiz will not play another 2 years of unproductive baseball off of welfare contracts grounded in good will. You can be sure Ortiz will not be given the same welfare as Wakefield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox1489. Show bosox1489's posts

This shouldn't be goodbye, it should be what in the next chapter.

I've meet Tim  2 different times down here in Florida, and as you would expect class act all the way, in the middle of our conversation someone would come up and ask for his autograph and he never stop talking to me and sign away, yup he can multi-task.

The Red Sox should and yes need to add him to the front office in some type of role, the players all respect him.

After this off season we need someone who been part of 2 W/S and like he stated in his closing comments, he has dealt with up and downs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]you're a moron, hank. As if Ortiz is the model for physical fitness.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

As if Ortiz is the model for physical fitness.

It is about performance, for you village idiots. Wastefield was old, out of shape and a pitiful performer. Contrast that to Ortiz performance.

And, for you bigoted Wastefield lovers, Ortiz has done more for the Red Sox brand than any single player in modern history. And you can bet the pride and prejudicial hypocrisy that is the essense of Boston has been complaining about contract offers to Ortiz, for years.

When one thinks of Ortiz, one thinks of Red Sox and winner!

When one thinks of Wastefield, one thinks of loser circus side show!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]As if Ortiz is the model for physical fitness. It is about performance, for you village idiots. Wastefield was old, out of shape and a pitiful performer. Contrast that to Ortiz performance. And, for you bigoted Wastefield lovers, Ortiz has done more for the Red Sox brand than any single player in modern history. And you can bet the pride and prejudicial hypocrisy that is the essense of Boston has been complaining about contract offers to Ortiz, for years. When one thinks of Ortiz, one thinks of Red Sox and winner! When one thinks of Wastefield, one thinks of loser circus side show!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I used to think this was just an act, but no one can be this stupid, for this long, intentionally.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodbye Wake : I used to think this was just an act, but no one can be this stupid, for this long, intentionally.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

He was hit in the face with a knuckleball, as a lad. No one on their right mind can have so much hate for another human being.

Sections
Shortcuts