Gordon Edes says bat Crawford 2nd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Gordon Edes says bat Crawford 2nd

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7612709/boston-red-sox-bat-carl-crawford-second-jacoby-ellsbury
    I'm just posting this because Edes agrees with me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Gordon Edes says bat Crawford 2nd

I whole heartedly agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Certainly against righties, and bat him 9th against lefties, keep he and els, both speed merchants, next to one another in the batting order

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Edes ever agreed with me, I'd have to seriously re-evaluate my position.

(CC second vs RHPs is OK, but never ever vs LHPs.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Gordon Edes says bat Crawford 2nd:
    [QUOTE]If Edes ever agreed with me, I'd have to seriously re-evaluate my position. (CC second vs RHPs is OK, but never ever vs LHPs.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Since your the one getting paid for this and he isn't?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I would use CC in the #1 slot in the line up as the table setter against RHP leave him there against LHP unless he proves he can't hit LHP this year. If he can't put him in the 9th hole, but don't flip him around the line up like a rag doll if he gets off to a slow start. 

Hetchinspete. 

P.S. I have been using this handle since I started using it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Why weren't you guys saying anything last year after Tito burried him in the line-up? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Why weren't you guys saying anything last year after Tito burried him in the line-up? 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]I said all year he should bat 2nd. Although Moon's idea of hitting him 9th had some merit too. You definitely want your speed guys on base at the same time though I think, if possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I had him batting 9th as soon as he was struglling, if he had played well all year than #2 or #3 was good too; AGon should be batting 4th. Same for Elles last year in April, if he was underperforming than 9th was the perfect spot. I'd like to see Crawford and Elles batting in a row.

hey carnie are you up for a forum fantasy baseball league? There is a thread on it if you are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Why weren't you guys saying anything last year after Tito burried him in the line-up? 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

What does it matter what we all said last year. Tito was the manager and it's not like he read what we wrote for advice on how to set his daily line up. Agree or not with Francona, he had his reasoning which I respect as he is the pro I'm just a novice. 

Sure he lost control of this team last year for what ever reason which is unfortunate but he was also managed two World Series winners which no one else could do for 87 years and his teams brought almost a decade of success to Boston. He might have inherited much of the talent in 2004 but he managed the team to the WS win and deserves full credit. He was in fact in the right place at the right time but the same can be said for any coach or manager who's team wins it all. 

Frankly I can't remember what I wrote last year and could care less. This is a new year. 

Hetchinspete. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well Pete what does it matter what you write this year? You just gave yourself a great reason not to post anymore, why bother?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Well Pete what does it matter what you write this year? You just gave yourself a great reason not to post anymore, why bother?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Buritto, 

Bug off with the un-needed sarcasm. This is a new season with a new manager who will run the team differently than Francona so what Tito did last year is off the books so to speak. 

Hetchinspete

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since your the one getting paid for this and he isn't?

Don't confuse making money with intelligence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

One place I don't want to see Crawford is in the leadoff spot.  He hates it there; he has hinted pretty much that in the past, though he said he would bat there if he had to.  His manager in  Tampa Bay, Joe Maddon also chimed in that Carl did not like leading off.  I would also bat him second.  It was mostly there that he had his success in the past. Ells--Crawford--Pedroia--Gonzales--Youk---Ortiz is a pretty good six for our lineup, and I think Dustin would be a good three or four hitter as surprising as it may seem to some of you.  You could bat him cleanup and put Gonzao third as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]One place I don't want to see Crawford is in the leadoff spot.  He hates it there; he has hinted pretty much that in the past, though he said he would bat there if he had to.  His manager in  Tampa Bay, Joe Maddon also chimed in that Carl did not like leading off.  I would also bat him second.  It was mostly there that he had his success in the past. Ells--Crawford--Pedroia--Gonzales--Youk---Ortiz is a pretty good six for our lineup, and I think Dustin would be a good three or four hitter as surprising as it may seem to some of you.  You could bat him cleanup and put Gonzao third as well.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]I like your thinking fred.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would use CC in the #1 slot in the line up as the table setter against RHP leave him there against LHP unless he proves he can't hit LHP this year. If he can't put him in the 9th hole, but don't flip him around the line up like a rag doll if he gets off to a slow start. 

How many seasons and PAs will it take to convince you that CC can not hit LHPs well. Every hitter will have spikes and valleys.

He's played over 8 full seasons, and suddenly will learn how to hit lefties consistently?

Career:  .262/.308/.375/.684 in almost 1,800 PAs.

02    03    04    05    06    07    08    09    10    11  
                 .764         .776                .704  .696
    .550                                                           .566

I guess he could pull a Papi, but I don't see why we want to experiment putting him up 2nd vs LHPs, when we have many players that have performed vs LHPs for several recent years. Should Papi and Youk be demoted to 5th and 6th, so we can pray CC has a season like 2007 with a .350 OBP?

Isn't it much more likely he will be around a .310 OBP & .390 Slg% vs LHPs?

CC should bat 6th vs RHPs and 9th vs LHPs at best. Batting him 2nd has some merit vs RHPs only, since Youk vs RHPs batting 6th is not unwarranted.
    1) Ells
    2) CC
    3) AGon
    4) Pedey
    5) Papi
    6) Youk
    (Or we could flip Pedey and AGon, but I am from the school of batting your best overall hitter 3rd... that would be AGon vs RHPs, and Youk or Pedey vs LHPs)

I still think CC's numbers vs LHPs looks like a platoon waiting to happen, so batting him 9th vs most LHPs is the right thing to do.

It won't happen though. Money talks....even to Bobby V.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Pedey batting 4th? Again credibility shot... common man get a hold of yourself!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Why not flip CC and Els between 1st and 2nd depending if the pitcher is right or left handed?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

ELLSBURY
    CRAWFORD
    PEDROIA
    GONZALEZ
    YOUKILIS
    ORTIZ
    ROSS
    SALTALAMACCHIA
    IGLESIAS

DONE

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Carl hitting 2nd in the lineup against RH pitching. What he’s done against LH pitching in the past makes him a liability anywhere in the lineup.  Hitting Carl 9th against LH Starters along with resting him a few of those days would make some sense. (heavy on the resting him part)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I also think he should bat second.  I can't imagine him hitting ninth, even against lefties, I think that would set him back.  I think if he bats second, he bats second, barring a health setback or something along those lines. 

Ellsbury
    Crawford
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Youkilis
    Ortiz

That would be my top 6.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

[QUOTE]One place I don't want to see Crawford is in the leadoff spot.  He hates it there; he has hinted pretty much that in the past, though he said he would bat there if he had to.  His manager in  Tampa Bay, Joe Maddon also chimed in that Carl did not like leading off.  I would also bat him second.  It was mostly there that he had his success in the past. Ells--Crawford--Pedroia--Gonzales--Youk---Ortiz is a pretty good six for our lineup, and I think Dustin would be a good three or four hitter as surprising as it may seem to some of you.  You could bat him cleanup and put Gonzao third as well.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

They will never go Ells, Crawford, Gonzo, Pedroia.....no way can you have 3 lefty batters in a row leading off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I want to see Crawford bat near the top of the order, since that is what he is being paid for and that is most likely where he will most comfortable (and therefore most productive).  But it seems a waste to me, if that means batting Youk in the 6th spot.  Youk will have an OBP of .380 or better, almost guaranteed.  Crawford, likely will have an OBP of .325 or so, assuming a bounce back year.  Youk and Gonzalez should be the 3 and 4 batters in this lineup.  And Pedroia is the perfect #2 to that.  Elllsbury was great in the leadoff spot last year.  I just don't see a fit for Crawford in the top of the order!

Love the picture...he is the square peg.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I also think he should bat second.  I can't imagine him hitting ninth, even against lefties, I think that would set him back.  I think if he bats second, he bats second, barring a health setback or something along those lines.  Ellsbury Crawford Pedroia Gonzalez Youkilis Ortiz That would be my top 6.
    Posted by Skadude22[/QUOTE]GO FOR IT, BOBBY V....... SPEED AT THE TOP IS GOOOOOD.........  HECK, IN THE 1ST INNING WE (BOBBY V) CAN DRIVE THE PITCHERS & THE DEFENSE CRAZY WITH  ELLS & C C .......  YOU GET TO A PITCHER EARLY, AND GOOD THINGS HAPPEN !!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts