Gordon Edes trying to stir the pot over Agon leaving

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Gordon Edes trying to stir the pot over Agon leaving

I think what he is saying is true, the Red Sox aren't willing to say, "Hey this didn't work and we are just moving on." No instead Ben beat around the bush and we had to read inbetween the lines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Edes is a hot air balloon. He doesn't know the meaning of "begging the question."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Big surprise there. He's rapidly approaching CHB status. His flip flop on Bobby V this year was beyond ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Stir the pot, then wonder why someone dumps out the dirty water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In Response to Gordon Edes trying to stir the pot over Agon leaving:
    [QUOTE]He just can't let the soap opera end...... http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8303660/adrian-gonzalez-gone-boston-red-sox-lingering-questions
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]
    True, he has been dragging out A-Gon's departure for months...And to intimate that maybe he wasn't such a toxic guy after all....That is not what this John Henry Kool-Aid party is all about...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In this case, stirring the pot is inevitable because this massive trade has or could have all kinds of meanings.  I hate losing AGon because he really was the team leader in most important respects.  Great fielder, great hitter, willing to play RF, taught Ortiz the value of hitting to left, etc.  Dingers were/are down and he will always be slow, but overall a big plus. 

At the same time Beckett was a problem, a highly paid starter who couldn't or morely would not adjust.  And CC, had he never been injured, was nowhere near worth what he was paid.   So AGon became and is the essential pot sweetener, the guy who can help the Dodgers right now.  And, heck, maybe Beckett can too under a new manager.  Most commentators think the Sox made out on this.

The departures of Youk, Shoppach, Beckett, and maybe AGon do, I think, send a message to the team--enough of the whining, already.  Just shut up and play. 

Let's face it,  everyone one of the guys traded this year was part of last September's disintegration and this year's lousy season.  In other words, they can't play for Terry Francona, the sweetheart of sigma chi, and they can't play for Bobby V, however you want to describe him.  

Edes thinks it's still impossible to re-sign Ells, but I don't.  More importantly, the Sox are in a position now to get a frontline starter, which is the real crux of this trade.  They almost certainly need another good bat and probably need to re-sign Ortiz.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Gordon Edes trying to stir the pot over Agon leaving:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if the Red Sox would consider limiting media access to the players. If they thought they could get away with it, I think they might try, although that might damage the "brand."

Already did that with Francona. Besides, things can't get much worse than they already are. This clubhouse still remains toxic, evidenced by the Aceves meltdown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

What amazes me the most is the way Lester gets a pass on everything.  Lester was part of last September.  He didn't pitch well then and he hasn't played well this year. He was also part of the chicken and beer story - which to me means nothing.  That whole thing was so blown out of proportion - so disgusting.  Have you ever listened to his press conferences - he is miserable.  Yet to all fans he is the golden player - he walks on water.  It is interesting how certain players are scapegoats for EVERYONE's mistakes.  Lester has done everything all the "problem players" have done - yet continues to come out smelling like roses.

The Sox media and fans are pathetic - they do not look at stats - they only believe hearsay and gossip.  I don't think I have seen a story in the last two months that has provided any stats or facts.  It is sickening.  I truly believe it continues to get worse.  It has ruined my love of the Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Stir the pot? Why because he defends Adrian Gonzalez while most of you think he was some sort of clubhouse cancer. Edes has been right weeks to months in advance of things happening or reported on  most of his scoops and most of his opinions. Edes is the best Sox, most accurate, most on top of what is actually real, reporter of anyone out there. If you read the article, he's not stirring any pot, he's telling you idiots that AGON was one of the best players in baseball and he has been thrown under a bus by you clowns--the ones who continue to buy into everything John Henry, Larry Lucchinno, Tom Werner---and then forget that it's the players who are why we watch the games...Instead you'd prefer Kansas City Royals East and to kiss and worship the Front Office--Sickening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Hey, Gordon Edes was the guy in the media, who was the most accurate in reporting this trade.
    He was they guy the other writers were following on Twitter.
    I think he's pretty good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I am not sure Edes isn't being intellectual dishonest in order to persue a good storyline.

What would he have expected Ben to say...something like:

"there were a number of factors that led to this trade. First when the Dodgers were willing to eat almost all of Carl Crawford's terrible contract and take Beckett off our hands they go our attention. And as good a player as Adrain is, he wasn't comfortable with the vicious nature of all you reporters in this room and wasn't very happy."

"Further it became apparent to us that the media was going to continue to attack our franchise and that we stunk too. If we were going to suck and be attacked doing it at $100M instead of $180M was attractive to us."

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Stirring the pot? Maybe. It's possible that Gonzales asked to be traded. We may never know. Anyone can speculate. In any case, because of this trade, the team has opportunities to improve that didn't exist a week ago. I think that's a good thing.
    What's done is done. No sense wringing hands over it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if the Red Sox would consider limiting media access to the players. If they thought they could get away with it, I think they might try, although that might damage the "brand."

Have a meeting with the media & lay down ground rules. Any disrescectful questions or stories gets you banned. Repurcussions might be the only thing the idiots in the media may understand. Oh, it also looks good on your resume that you were banned by a team when you go looking for a job. ;-)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Even with those guys we were a subpar under.500 team. Many of us were frustrated and said we couldn't wait for the Pats & Celtics to restore some sports fame to city of Boston. I liked Agon but, I don't know, what it was but some chemistry was missing that just didn't fortune us with key hits in clutch situations. Yup, there were injuries and we really didn't have Ells, Pedey, Agon, CC and Ortiz who was still injured when the trade was made. I still don't think Ortiz would made the difference in us getting to a WC and he's injured again.

With this lack of chemistry...I don't know what else to call it as there was a lot of talent there...& no money to add some quality pitchers and we could have hoped & hoped Lester & Beckett would return to quality but I doubt it, I tink 2013 would have been just as frustrating. Time for management to be honest with the fans & instead of promising a Championship, communicate we need to bebuild & it may take 2-3 years. Having been in management, honest communication was the most important thing to maintaining employee...ala fans' loyalty !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE] In any case, because of this trade , the team has opportunities to improve that didn't exist a week ago Even assuming that the architect of the disaster can sweep it under the rug and then reconstruct it so it works, it most certainly won't be "because of this trade".
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

A quarter of a billion dollars that can be spent elswhere and you don't see opportunities?
    There's a good reason you're called "softy".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I wish Agon especially, CC too and Punto who did give us some good “D” good luck & Beckett too for 2007 if the Dodgers catch the SF Giants(I am a Giant fan too…Sox 1st) and they all contribute to LA’s success, it’s a double edged sword as the posts will as they did be full of what a mistake it was when Youk with Chicago raised his average some 20pts.  There will be a lot of Monday “mourning” morning quarterbacks lamenting the trade. Will be interesting !!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts