Gose, Goins and Mookie Betts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Gose, Goins and Mookie Betts

These guys beating up on the Red Sox lately, Gose and Goins came up from Buffalo this year, one having hit .233 there, and the other was hitting .285. Down there in Pawtucket, Mookie Betts is hittting .323 with an OPS of .867, 7SB, and has hit into ONE double play.

Im afraid I'm missing something. You mean to tell me he can't be fit into this ragtag lineup somewhere? Can't we take that .160 hitter playing SS, say "thanks for the memories", put Holt (or Bogaerts) at SS and play the kid in RF? Or SOMEWHERE!

Whoever is running this farm system must have infielditis. He's got a dozen or more shortstops and second basemen and about 3 outfielders who have any chance of getting to the bigs, In the meantime, at least bring up these guys who have some chance of playing major league baseball. (like the Bluejays did)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Gose, Goins and Mookie Betts

agree Mal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Betts isn't back up in the next few days I'll be shocked. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I disagree.  Keep Betts away from the mess that is this year's Red Sox as long as possible.  And he does have things to work on in Pawtucket, namely his outfield play.  In the 10 or so games he played in Boston, there were 3-4 judgement errors he made defensively that a more experienced OF doesn't make.  Let him stay in Pawtucket, work on his D and come up in September.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree.  Keep Betts away from the mess that is this year's Red Sox as long as possible.  And he does have things to work on in Pawtucket, namely his outfield play.  In the 10 or so games he played in Boston, there were 3-4 judgement errors he made defensively that a more experienced OF doesn't make.  Let him stay in Pawtucket, work on his D and come up in September.

[/QUOTE]

Ah heck, we're letting Bogey and Bradley take their lumps up top, why not the same with Betts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ah heck, we're letting Bogey and Bradley take their lumps up top, why not the same with Betts?

[/QUOTE]

Bradley and Bogie have to learn to hit big league pitching; can't do that in the minors.  Betts has to learn to play the OF, that can be done in Pawtucket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Betts will be called up if for no other reason than to give the fans something to watch as the team replicates 2012.

Sections
Shortcuts