Got nothing for AJP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Got nothing for AJP?

I was somewhat surprised that we couldn't find a trading partner willing to part with ANY level of prospect that we'd want for him. Oh well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Got nothing for AJP?

Just his wit and sparkling personality

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Sure we did, we got Vasquaz and got rid of a poor catcher who has always been a malcontent !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure we did, we got Vasquaz and got rid of a poor catcher who has always been a malcontent !!

[/QUOTE]

"We got a Vasquaz"????  What on earth is a 'Vasquaz'??  Never mind....I don't wanna know....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

We got an .800 winning % in our last 5 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The roughly $4 milliion owed A.J. Pierzynski on the date of his release will still count toward the Red Sox luxury tax threshold (although the luxury tax is not likely to come into play this year). The Sox paid about $8 million for 0.0 WAR, according to FanGraphs:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=746&position=C" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=746&position=C

I expected more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The roughly $4 milliion owed A.J. Pierzynski on the date of his release will still count toward the Red Sox luxury tax threshold (although the luxury tax is not likely to come into play this year). The Sox paid about $8 million for 0.0 WAR, according to FanGraphs:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=746&position=C" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=746&position=C" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=746&position=C

I expected more.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure everyone on the planet expected more or he wouldn't have gotten the boot....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I didn't expect anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We got an .800 winning % in our last 5 games.

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  DAT  !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  2h
    #RedSox released Sizemore and Capuano shortly after DFA. Not so Pierzynski. 2 days left to trade or release him.

Was he released in the past few hours?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Bad memories

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AJ is a funny case, no question.  I think "getting nothing" is exactly the right point to make.  I mean, how is that possible for a guy the Sox were paying a pretty good salary to (and still are)? 

The answer seem to me pretty obvious.  Dumping AJP was/is worth it.  He was that bad behind the plate, at the plate, in the clubhouse, you name it. 

Why did they get him in the first place?  Clearly, to buy time for Vazquez to develop at AAA, which is exactly what happened. 

Why didn't they keep Saltalamacchia instead?  Because Farrell's best judgment in the WS last October was to bench Salty to give the Sox a chance at winning the darn thing, and Farrell was clearly right (no matter what moonslav says).  Against the Cardinals the Sox lost both games Salty caught with one loss being the direct result of his boneheaded play, and won all four games that Ross caught.  Salty had to go. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Salty could have come back, I disagree. He presented himself as a good regular season catcher, good enough that he was among the leaders in batting numbers for catchers. He allowed for Ross to have the luxury to not catch as much and in essence be healthy and ready to play in big games like he did in WS. That's not the worse combo to have in the world--i.e..-it produced a WS title. AJ was a malcontent and that's BEFORE he became a Sox in yet another case of getting a player that was not going to fit in the Boston model---CC being the worst offender. But with that said, AJ certainly should have, could have produced more at the plate and he didn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

If Salty's World Series was so damaging to his being re-signed, then why is SDrew here?  smh at nonsense

As always - 100% correct!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ultimately, Salty's influence in the clubhouse along with 110-120 games behind the dish is what really was missing for the Sox...Now they got the rookie C, so it's now moot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

If Salty's World Series was so damaging to his being re-signed, then why is SDrew here?  smh at nonsense

Because Will Middlebrooks got hurt.   And Drew was available.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually we got rid of him, which is what we got for him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Addition by subtraction.

Stabbed by Foulke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Exactly !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

No Salty and now no AJP.  Great!  Vazquez/Ross, the present, Vazque/Swihart the very near future. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox have now released Pierzynski.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

What's the problem? Are we broke?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We can borrow some from the Liverpool budget since they just sold the biter for 120 mill, mif we are going broke paying this great roster

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I think his salary can be written off under the category of charitable donations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:

Because Will Middlebrooks got hurt.   And Drew was available.

Not exactly true - we gave him a QO of 15 million and he refused...we never offered Salty anything and that 15 mil would've paid for roughly 2/3 of his entire Miami contract....