Got to hand it to Drew, hats off to Lackey.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Got to hand it to Drew, hats off to Lackey.

Drew has done a good job. Kudos to him , and to Farrell.  I would not give any kudos to Lackey. He was borderline horrible. Fortunately, Farrell got him out of there just in time. Hats off to the bullpen, who shut it down. And ,  kudos to the offense. The top of the order, Ellsbury , Victorino , Pedroia and Ortiz has been terrific. The rest of the order has not been too shabby either. But as the post season progresses , we will need a lot better pitching from John Lackey. We won this game despite his weak performance. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Drew has done a good job. Kudos to him , and to Farrell.  I would not give any kudos to Lackey. He was borderline horrible. Fortunately, Farrell got him out of there just in time. Hats off to the bullpen, who shut it down. And ,  kudos to the offense. The top of the order, Ellsbury , Victorino , Pedroia and Ortiz has been terrific. The rest of the order has not been too shabby either. But as the post season progresses , we will need a lot better pitching from John Lackey. We won this game despite his weak performance. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yeah, Lackey has been huge for most of the season but yesterday was not one of his better moments. If you'd told me before the game that the Rays would score 4 in 5-plus innings off Lackey, with Price on the mound, I'd have said we probably lose that one - it's a testament to how big our offense came up.

Regarding the rest of the order not being too shabby: I know it's only two games, but you can go up and down the lineup and really not see anyone having a bad series so far offensively. (Maybe Drew's 2-for-9 is the closest thing - but the two hits have been big ones.) Everyone has chipped in in a huge way at some point. Talk about a TEAM, top to bottom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Sometimes great stats don't tell the story; with Drew and Gomes, maybe their numbers don't look so hot (Drew started the season minus spring training), but when they get their hits speaks volumes, and both guys have been getting hits exactly when hits are sorely needed all season long.  And how about Drew beating out that infield hit in game 1, huge play.

exactly right. great stats don't always tell the story. i also think Jarrod Salty is good for the big hit at the right time as well.