Grady making his case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Grady making his case

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878860/v31566969

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Grady making his case

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for Bradley, he is making HIS case too....for a return to AAA ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Grady looks terrific, it's true.  But Peter Abraham reports the smart money expects Bradley to be in CF on opening day.  Reason:  Sizemore isn't ready for every day baseball yet because it is an unbelievable grind. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Grady looks terrific, it's true.  But Peter Abraham reports the smart money expects Bradley to be in CF on opening day.  Reason:  Sizemore isn't ready for every day baseball yet because it is an unbelievable grind. 

[/QUOTE]

I get that.  But, my money, albeit not nearly as smart as Sox organization money, says, if he is guns blazing right now, and Bradley is scuffling - let Sizemore give it a whirl.  Its an unknown but either its yes or no.  If its yes, great.  If its no, ok, he gave it a shot, Bradley had a little more time to work things out in Pawtucket, and, its all good.  I mean, what are they going to do, start Sizemore at Pawtucket and play him every third day?  Thats not going to get anyone clearer about how he handles the everyday grind.  So either he grinds in Boston or he grinds in pawtucket.  Why not Boston?  Is there a substantive physical difference?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that.  But, my money, albeit not nearly as smart as Sox organization money, says, if he is guns blazing right now, and Bradley is scuffling - let Sizemore give it a whirl.  Its an unknown but either its yes or no.  If its yes, great.  If its no, ok, he gave it a shot, Bradley had a little more time to work things out in Pawtucket, and, its all good.  I mean, what are they going to do, start Sizemore at Pawtucket and play him every third day?  Thats not going to get anyone clearer about how he handles the everyday grind.  So either he grinds in Boston or he grinds in pawtucket.  Why not Boston?  Is there a substantive physical difference?

[/QUOTE]

Well stated.  But I'm thinking the first month of the 2014 regular season might be seen by the Sox as extended spring training for Sizemore.  As you say, however, you got to test drive the sucker in some real MLB games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well stated.  But I'm thinking the first month of the 2014 regular season might be seen by the Sox as extended spring training for Sizemore.  As you say, however, you got to test drive the sucker in some real MLB games. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes sense.  Doesn't look like he needs much more Spring Training though ...

can't help but think the Sox' outlook on Grady isnt static.  I mean, I am sure the notion was "even if he is healthy, he is going to need to shake off a lot of rust, work up to game speed etc."  But, there doesn't look like there is much rust left to shake off.  If April rolls around and there are no questions of rust, timing, skills - and the only question is anyones guess about how long he can hold up, I can't help but think Ben Cherrington might be willing to change his beginning-of-March outlook.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Grady had three hits today and looked pretty good.  I wish him the best because what a steal he could be over paying all that cash for Ells.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Restoring the good name of Grady in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Why are they limiting Sizemore's playing time in ST? If they are cautious now, will they still be when the regular season starts? Will there be a regular CF and can it be Sizemore? If not, how will they approach the CF spot? No matter how good Grady is looking now, these questions remain to be answered.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

With only two more weeks of spring training, if Sizemore can show like he has so far there can be no question about who starts on opening day.

Bradley can always come up from Pawtucket if Sizemore falls apart. Or, the Sox can keep Bradley in Boston if they decide to trade Carp or Gomes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

With only two more weeks of spring training, if Sizemore can show like he has so far there can be no question about who starts on opening day.

Bradley can always come up from Pawtucket if Sizemore falls apart. Or, the Sox can keep Bradley in Boston if they decide to trade Carp or Gomes.

Agree. I think Sizemore is the starting CF, opening day, if healthy.  Why not? He was one of the best CF, in the game, before his injuries. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yes it is a wait and see. However they could easily carry 6 outfielders in Carp, Gomes, Sizemore , Nava, Victorino and Bradley especially when Carp has been taking time at First and third And Nava at first.

they also can keep more outfielders as they won't need to carry 13 pitchers out of ST.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes it is a wait and see. However they could easily carry 6 outfielders in Carp, Gomes, Sizemore , Nava, Victorino and Bradley especially when Carp has been taking time at First and third And Nava at first.

they also can keep more outfielders as they won't need to carry 13 pitchers out of ST.

[/QUOTE]

Jim, they can only carry 5 outfielders even with the usual 12 pitchers.  For example, here is Peter Abraham's projected 25 man roster:

STARTING PITCHERS (5)
    LHP Jon Lester
    RHP John Lackey
    LHP Felix Doubront
    RHP Jake Peavy
    RHP Clay Buchholz

RELIEF PITCHERS (7)
    RHP Koji Uehara
    RHP Junichi Tazawa
    LHP Andrew Miller
    RHP Brandon Workman
    RHP Edward Mujica
    RHP Burke Badenhop
    LHP Chris Capuano

CATCHERS (2)
    A.J. Pierzynski
    David Ross

INFIELD (5)
    1B Mike Napoli
    2B Dustin Pedroia
    SS Xander Bogaerts
    3B Will Middlebrooks
    UTIL Jonathan Herrera

OUTFIELD (5)
    RF Shane Victorino
    CF Jackie Bradley Jr.
    LF Jonny Gomes
    LF-RF-1B Daniel Nava
    LF-1B Mike Carp

DESIGNATED HITTER (1)
    David Ortiz

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great thread except for post #3 where such poster thought that the thread was about Bradley and his troubles. Why can't we just for a moment, celebrate what Sizemore did today. Some posters are never happy unless they are miserable. Talk about a wet blanket.

[/QUOTE]

Some poster just posted this on another thread,

"Why not respond to what is said instead of who is saying it?  You are better than this. "

Oh wait.... that was you!

The Sizemore discussion has to involve JBJ. It's a battle between them of Sizemore and Carp, so bringing up JBJ is relevant.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Spaceman started a thread about the great day that Sizemore had, he had three booming hits and made two great defensive plays in CF, On post #3 Pumpsie came in with the negative post about Bradley. Didn't you notice that???? Pumpsie cannot be happy unless he is miserable. Is that good for a Red Sox Forum? Why can't a thread be started that is positive without it being derailed or hijacked by negativism. You don't notice this trend here? This is why the Forum is dying.  No room here for Red Sox fans - no room at all. Very SAD.

[/QUOTE]

Being negative about a Sox player is at least an actual post about baseball, which I and probably most here much prefer to posts about posters.

You'll never get that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

Spaceman started a thread about the great day that Sizemore had, he had three booming hits and made two great defensive plays in CF, On post #3 Pumpsie came in with the negative post about Bradley. Didn't you notice that???? Pumpsie cannot be happy unless he is miserable. Is that good for a Red Sox Forum? Why can't a thread be started that is positive without it being derailed or hijacked by negativism. You don't notice this trend here? This is why the Forum is dying.  No room here for Red Sox fans - no room at all. Very SAD.

[/QUOTE]

i wish you could just focus on the positives about this thread.  posts 1,2,4,6, all multiples of 2, 4, & 7, those divisible by 5, most prime numbered posts, all base 10, numbers rhyming with the word bore, hive, Kevin, & great, were All VERY POSITIVE POSTS!  Instead, you focus on the negative simply to "stir the pot."  It seems you "can't be happy unless you're miserable?"   Is that good for this forum?  Why must you derail & hijack these threads?  The majority of the posters are being very positive, so why do you insist upon bringing us all down.  This forum is dying, yet you keep pulling us down into your negativity.  I feel just like some of the much maligned Red Sox players.  I want to be happy here, but you keep bringing us all down.

SAD!!!!   Very SAD!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't bank on the "smart money."  With Nava, Carp, Gomes, it makes more sense to play Sizemore, & keep JBJ growing daily down on the farm.  

Just my baseball take.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

Go back and read Post #3. I responded to  that only and not later posts.  The thread started out about the great day that Grady had and Pumpsie had to mention the bad Spring that Bradley is having, Pumpsie cannot express optimism since it is not in his DNA.  Hasn't this been obvious to everyone here on the Forum for years?  Give me a break here. Pumpsie is the wet blanket in respect to players on his Red Sox.  Not me. I Never bit-ch about our players.

[/QUOTE]

of course not, you spend too much energy bit-Ching about our posters.  Most of your posts are bit-ching about our posters.  A recent study found that 76% of all posts on BDC Red Sox forum were either positive, humorously sarcastic, ironic, or other such variation of positive.  I will refrain from posting your rating.

Time to look in the mirror.  I know I'm looking at the man in the mirror.  I'm asking him to change his ways.  No message could be any clearer.  if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make the change.

I'm praying for you brother.

25. This post has been removed.