Grady Sizemore signs 1 year major league deal with Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Grady Sizemore signs 1 year major league deal with Sox

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the problems with a player that hasn't been playing for basically 5 years is you forget who they are. I just figured out Sizemore has a noodle arm in the Ellsbury-Crawford-Damon mold. So my thought he could play RF is probably out the window.

[/QUOTE]

This also might signal that they don't really like the idea of Victorino backing up CF, sure he can play a few games there....but they probably hope for Sizemore to be able to play somewhere between 30-40 games there and/or possibly get some playing time in LF as well.  If Nava goes down and sizemore can stay healthy he might be a better option to platoon with Gomes in LF.  Also if Carp is gone, Nava becomes the backup 1bman presumably which could give Sizemore more time in LF as well. 

....of course, he still has to make the team out of spring training. 

[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked for the details of the contract yet, Hugh, but I would be shocked if he doesn't have an opt out clause (May 1st?).  He's not here to be a 5th outfielder or bounce around the outfield. If he doesn't win the starting centerfielder position, he'll be gone.  A guy at his age, with his talent, is going to look for an opportunity to play every day somewhere in attempt to resurrect his career.

[/QUOTE]

It's not like he lost a season or two and is trying to rebuild value.  He hasn't played the last 2 seasons and hasn't had over 500 at bats in over 6 years.  He's just trying to get back into the game, and he doesn't have a minor league deal he has a MLB deal so he will be on the roster if he makes the team. 

He is here to be a 4th outfielder, and if he can stay healthy then perhaps he gets a starting job next year. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's only $1M. He could end up being cut loose, if it doesn't work out.

[/QUOTE]

I wish I could afford to just cut loose of a million. Hell, I wish I had a million TO cut loose. Kind of keeps things in perspective.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!  Good point.  It just amues me the way most posters talk about throwing millions of dollars around like it's monopoly money....when most probably never made a fraction of it over their lifetime.

I've come to the conclusion that many posters are in some fantasy mode and completely delusional....completely lost touch with reality.

[/QUOTE]

You need to put things in context. Yes, $1 million is a lot of money to you and me, but in context of the Red Sox payroll and budget it's relatively nothing.

$1 million is less than 1 percent (about .59 percent) of the Sox payroll. And if you're talking about revenue that the Sox make, it's considerably less than .59 percent. 

[/QUOTE]

Roy, Well....I guess I really shouldn't say, but with good investment and hard work, I've got my share of comfort, but it doesn't discount the fact how people throw around these figures like they were pennies...tremendous Red Sox payroll or not.  It's just crazy.  For some pathetic souls, like tvfrank for example who salivates on worthless sarcasm, it's just a release for them from their mundane, frustrating lives.

[/QUOTE]

It is pennies. We're talking about a business. Successful businesses will "gamble" money on an investment that could bring a big return. $1 million is just a bit more than .5 percent of salary expenditure, so it is considerably less than a half percent of the Sox total revenue.

And if Sizemore makes all the incentives to earn the $6 million, it means that the investment -- the gamble -- of $1 million was worth it.

So look at it this way. If you make $100,000 a year, .5 percent of your revenue is $500. Even if the risk is high, I don't think you'd have a problem gambling $500 on a high-risk investment for a return of $3,000 (6 times the $500 investment). 

So from a sports business standpoint where there are no guarantees, risking less than .5 percent of your revenue is hardly a big gamble or a considerable amount of money or something to be concerned about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

One of the problems with a player that hasn't been playing for basically 5 years is you forget who they are. I just figured out Sizemore has a noodle arm in the Ellsbury-Crawford-Damon mold. So my thought he could play RF is probably out the window.

[/QUOTE]

This also might signal that they don't really like the idea of Victorino backing up CF, sure he can play a few games there....but they probably hope for Sizemore to be able to play somewhere between 30-40 games there and/or possibly get some playing time in LF as well.  If Nava goes down and sizemore can stay healthy he might be a better option to platoon with Gomes in LF.  Also if Carp is gone, Nava becomes the backup 1bman presumably which could give Sizemore more time in LF as well. 

[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked for the details of the contract yet, Hugh, but I would be shocked if he doesn't have an opt out clause (May 1st?).  He's not here to be a 5th outfielder or bounce around the outfield. If he doesn't win the starting centerfielder position, he'll be gone.  A guy at his age, with his talent, is going to look for an opportunity to play every day somewhere in attempt to resurrect his career.

[/QUOTE]

It's not like he lost a season or two and is trying to rebuild value.  He hasn't played the last 2 seasons and hasn't had over 500 at bats in over 6 years.  He's just trying to get back into the game, and he doesn't have a minor league deal he has a MLB deal so he will be on the roster if he makes the team. 

He is here to be a 4th outfielder, and if he can stay healthy then perhaps he gets a starting job next year. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree... We'll see...He may agree to start the season in Pawtucket if he's not ready by the end of spring training, but he's not staying here to be a 4th or 5th outfielder.  Do you think he will have any chance at all to reach the 6 million dollars in incentives backing up JBJ? I'll try to find out the details of his contract.

They aren't going to have JBJ & Sizemore on the same roster, as they don't complement each other & both need to play full time (more often than not) at this point.  Sizemore might agree to a day off once a week initially, but there is no way he is sticking around to play twice a week and collect $750k...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree... We'll see...He may agree to start the season in Pawtucket if he's not ready by the end of spring training, but he's not staying here to be a 4th or 5th outfielder.  Do you think he will have any chance at all to reach the 6 million dollars in incentives backing up JBJ? I'll try to find out the details of his contract.

They aren't going to have JBJ & Sizemore on the same roster, as they don't complement each other & both need to play full time (more often than not) at this point.  Sizemore might agree to a day off once a week initially, but there is no way he is sticking around to play twice a week and collect $750k...

[/QUOTE]

Maybe...you don't know how many at-bats he needs to reach those incentives.  And if he replaces Mike Carp on the roster then between CF/LF he could rack up close to 400 at-bats if he's healthy.

Like I said, it's not like he has been coming back after a year off, and this is not a minor league deal and Boston is not planning on him being a full time player.  He has been unable to be a full time player in 6 years and the Sox have their #2 ranked prospect ready to take over.  

He is here to take some pressure off of Bradely for sure, but they didn't bring him in to be a full time player.  I'm sure details of the contract will be known soon enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

incentives are based on days spent on the roster, and at bats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I do think if Sizemore looks healthy, is getting playing time and Bradely looks good too that some teams will come calling for Sizemore.  I think he could easily be cut sometime in ST or traded in the summer. 

I also think if JBJ still looks a little shaky and Sizemore looks healthy then possibly he could take some pressure of Bradley and get some at-bats. 

But my main point was the Sox can do what they want with him effectively.  He is signed to a MLB contract, usually opt outs are dependent on a player being on the roster, he will be on the roster unless rehabbed for an assignment. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am guessing he makes 4 million playing just twice a week. I would hang around the world champs to play twice a week for 4 million dollars. My guess is he will too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am guessing he makes 4 million playing just twice a week. I would hang around the world champs to play twice a week for 4 million dollars. My guess is he will too.

[/QUOTE]

You or I might, but then again neither of us is only 31 years old & not that far removed from being arguably one of the top 5 players in the game.  He's not a fan in some fantasy camp, so "hanging around the World Champs" is irrelevant to him.  Oops, that was BMav...

Obviously we completely disagree, but if I were you, I wouldn't bet the mortgage payment on Sizemore being a back up outfielder in Boston this year, and if the Sox are paying this guy "4 million dollars" to play twice a week, especially when he doesn't compliment anyone in the outfield, then the Front Office might just be as clueless as some of the whiners think they are...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You or I might, but then again neither of us is only 31 years old & not that far removed from being arguably one of the top 5 players in the game.  He's not a fan in some fantasy camp, so "hanging around the World Champs" is irrelevant to him.  Oops, that was BMav...

Obviously we completely disagree, but if I were you, I wouldn't bet the mortgage payment on Sizemore being a back up outfielder in Boston this year, and if the Sox are paying this guy "4 million dollars" to play twice a week, especially when he doesn't compliment anyone in the outfield, then the Front Office might just be as clueless as some of the whiners think they are...

[/QUOTE]

I think most including maybe most in the baseball world thought he was done and going to officially announce his retirement at some point this off season. So 4 million bucks is pretty sweet.

The World Champ comment had more to do with winning then fandom. And most people prefer to win then lose, including formerly great players.

And I expect him to play more like 4 times a week and make 5 million, but was just answerring how much I thought he would make at 2 times a week.

Finally, don't really think he fits that well either as a part time player. But I expect that to be his role, mostly in LF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's only $1M. He could end up being cut loose, if it doesn't work out.

[/QUOTE]

I wish I could afford to just cut loose of a million. Hell, I wish I had a million TO cut loose. Kind of keeps things in perspective.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!  Good point.  It just amues me the way most posters talk about throwing millions of dollars around like it's monopoly money....when most probably never made a fraction of it over their lifetime.

I've come to the conclusion that many posters are in some fantasy mode and completely delusional....completely lost touch with reality.

[/QUOTE]

You need to put things in context. Yes, $1 million is a lot of money to you and me, but in context of the Red Sox payroll and budget it's relatively nothing.

$1 million is less than 1 percent (about .59 percent) of the Sox payroll. And if you're talking about revenue that the Sox make, it's considerably less than .59 percent. 

[/QUOTE]

Roy, Well....I guess I really shouldn't say, but with good investment and hard work, I've got my share of comfort, but it doesn't discount the fact how people throw around these figures like they were pennies...tremendous Red Sox payroll or not.  It's just crazy.  For some pathetic souls, like tvfrank for example who salivates on worthless sarcasm, it's just a release for them from their mundane, frustrating lives.

[/QUOTE]

It is pennies. We're talking about a business. Successful businesses will "gamble" money on an investment that could bring a big return. $1 million is just a bit more than .5 percent of salary expenditure, so it is considerably less than a half percent of the Sox total revenue.

And if Sizemore makes all the incentives to earn the $6 million, it means that the investment -- the gamble -- of $1 million was worth it.

So look at it this way. If you make $100,000 a year, .5 percent of your revenue is $500. Even if the risk is high, I don't think you'd have a problem gambling $500 on a high-risk investment for a return of $3,000 (6 times the $500 investment). 

So from a sports business standpoint where there are no guarantees, risking less than .5 percent of your revenue is hardly a big gamble or a considerable amount of money or something to be concerned about.

[/QUOTE]

You're right,Roy.  It is just a business.  It's just hard for me to swallow.

It's not the players per se, for me it's the difficulty of seeing a family unable to afford a game at the ballpark when posters talk of millions like they're M&M's.  It's just totally out of whack.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is much bigger news than the Tanaka signing..................Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Bmav, I don't think anybody in the "the baseball world" thought he was going to announce his retirement.  He's been working extremely hard to come back for a while now.  He said he feels he's at about 90% right now and he also said when Sox trainer Dan Dyrek flew out to AZ to evaluate him, he was the first specialist who understood his injuries.  It was obviously a big reason why he chose Boston.

I'm not sure why you think he's going to be in the left field mix unless you think they are trading Nava, which is highly unlikely.  How do you think he's going to play "4 times a week?"  They aren't platooning a kid like JBJ & left & right are not available.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's not the players per se, for me it's the difficulty of seeing a family unable to afford a game at the ballpark when posters talk of millions like they're M&M's.  It's just totally out of whack.

When you compare what Grady will make vs what the minimum wage is for someone else, the difference is not "millions" unless he does well enough to deserve it.

I know a million dollars is a lot, but relatively speaking, it is not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

When you compare what Grady will make vs what the minimum wage is for someone else, the difference is not "millions" unless he does well enough to deserve it.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of a million dollars, Kershaw will be making around one million per start.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Bmav, I don't think anybody in the "the baseball world" thought he was going to announce his retirement.  He's been working extremely hard to come back for a while now.  He said he feels he's at about 90% right now and he also said when Sox trainer Dan Dyrek flew out to AZ to evaluate him, he was the first specialist who understood his injuries.  It was obviously a big reason why he chose Boston.

I'm not sure why you think he's going to be in the left field mix unless you think they are trading Nava, which is highly unlikely.  How do you think he's going to play "4 times a week?"  They aren't platooning a kid like JBJ & left & right are not available.  

Well I heard somebody on MLB network say exactly that a few hours ago. So there are some. Also, when you are out of baseball for two seasons and a key reason you pick your team is because of the trainer, thats kind of a bad sign for me about the players career. Of course I had read the rumors that Seizemore was working out and the Reds were the favorites to sign him for quite some time. But to deny his career is on the brink is a little redicule worthy.

Your point seemed to be that he is likely going to start in CF cause he is GRADY! I have serious doubts about his ability to play every day. Let alone even play CF defensively every day. For example, can Seizemore still play CF? Between 2009-2011[27-29 years old] he ranked 37-37-38 out of 43 CF's in defensive WAR, UZR-150, and DRS. He played badly on defense. He will now be turning 32 in August. He has to be at least as fast as back then. Maybe the injuries were slowing him down and now he is healthier and faster. I doubt it though.

As for 4 times a week, mostly in LF, here is how I see it. It first assumes that Seizemore is healthy and can still hit. Two big assumptions that you are already on board with. Then lets assume everybody else is healthy in Spring. And that JBJ plays up to "MY" and most peoples expectations. JBJ would start in CF. At that time either Nava or Carp would get traded. Seizemore would get either AB's. With Nava, even you agree that would be easy to see Seizemore play 4 times a week. With Carp, he would get Carp's AB's with Nava taking over Carp's defensive role. Seizemore would then mostly play LF, plus back up CF. Seizemore would get Carp's AB's plus Gomes and Napoli would play a touch less[which I expect anyway]. Nava would play a little less. And JBJ would play a little less then Ellsbury. Seizemore would get their AB's aswell. Moving Carp or Nava would open the door for Seizemore's AB's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure why you think he's going to be in the left field mix unless you think they are trading Nava, which is highly unlikely. 

Late inning defensive replacement in LF is part of "the LF mix".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I hear what you're saying Moon.  And actually, the disparity between the minimum wage players and the high dollar ones is tremendous.

I think the home-grown, minimum wage route is the direction the Sox are going.  This, with some high dollar players thrown in seems to be their formula.  Ellsbury was a prime example.  They utilized his skills at low cost up to his prime and then, cost effectively, let him go on his way.  Actually, business-wise, it was without a doubt the correct thing to do.

With this is mind, it'll be extremely interesting to see what happens with Lester.

It just makes me sad, yet grateful, that the wife and I fly around the country watching them play when an average family of four has trouble affording to see a ball game.  This is primarily my biggest concern because I feel that inflationary salaries are one of the causes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I heard somebody on MLB network say exactly that a few hours ago. So there are some. Also, when you are out of baseball for two seasons and a key reason you pick your team is because of the trainer, thats kind of a bad sign for me about the players career. Of course I had read the rumors that Seizemore was working out and the Reds were the favorites to sign him for quite some time. But to deny his career is on the brink is a little redicule worthy.

Your point seemed to be that he is likely going to start in CF cause he is GRADY! I have serious doubts about his ability to play every day. Let alone even play CF defensively every day. For example, can Seizemore still play CF? Between 2009-2011[27-29 years old] he ranked 37-37-38 out of 43 CF's in defensive WAR, UZR-150, and DRS. He played badly on defense. He will now be turning 32 in August. He has to be at least as fast as back then. Maybe the injuries were slowing him down and now he is healthier and faster. I doubt it though.

As for 4 times a week, mostly in LF, here is how I see it. It first assumes that Seizemore is healthy and can still hit. Two big assumptions that you are already on board with. Then lets assume everybody else is healthy in Spring. And that JBJ plays up to "MY" and most peoples expectations. JBJ would start in CF. At that time either Nava or Carp would get traded. Seizemore would get either AB's. With Nava, even you agree that would be easy to see Seizemore play 4 times a week. With Carp, he would get Carp's AB's with Nava taking over Carp's defensive role. Seizemore would then mostly play LF, plus back up CF. Seizemore would get Carp's AB's plus Gomes and Napoli would play a touch less[which I expect anyway]. And JBJ would play a little less then Ellsbury. Seizemore would get their AB's aswell. Moving Carp or Nava would open the door for Seizemore's AB's.

[/QUOTE]

You are reading way too much into this.  I never said that " he chose Boston because of the trainer." It WAS a part of it, but I have no idea why that would bother you.  I also never said that I "expect" anything out of Sizemore.  It's a longshot "win, win" situation for the Sox to sign him.  The money is irrelevant, it gives JBJ some healthy competition, it helps with the female fan base, he can mentor some young players & if everything goes right, they have a solid player for cheap money.  That's it.  

My whole point is that he isn't here to be a 4th or 5th outfielder.  It's not a fit.  If he is healthy & doesn't win the starting job, he's gone by May 1st, in my opinion.  He's defintely not here to play left field, either.  Even if he gets through spring traing healthy, they aren't going to put all of their eggs in that basket and move Nava.  I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he ends up as a part time outfielder here after May 1st, but I'm certainly not expecting that I will have to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you think he's going to be in the left field mix unless you think they are trading Nava, which is highly unlikely. 

Late inning defensive replacement in LF is part of "the LF mix".

[/QUOTE]

I can assure you with 100% certainty that Sizemore won't be a "late inning defensive replacement in left field" this season, unless their is an injury involved, so no, he won't be "part of the left field mix."  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As for 4 times a week, mostly in LF, here is how I see it. It first assumes that Seizemore is healthy and can still hit. Two big assumptions that you are already on board with. Then lets assume everybody else is healthy in Spring. And that JBJ plays up to "MY" and most peoples expectations. JBJ would start in CF. At that time either Nava or Carp would get traded. Seizemore would get either AB's. With Nava, even you agree that would be easy to see Seizemore play 4 times a week. With Carp, he would get Carp's AB's with Nava taking over Carp's defensive role. Seizemore would then mostly play LF, plus back up CF. Seizemore would get Carp's AB's plus Gomes and Napoli would play a touch less[which I expect anyway]. And JBJ would play a little less then Ellsbury. Seizemore would get their AB's aswell. Moving Carp or Nava would open the door for Seizemore's AB's.

[/QUOTE]

You are reading way too much into this.  I never said that " he chose Boston because of the trainer." It WAS a part of it, but I have no idea why that would bother you.  I also never said that I "expect" anything out of Sizemore.  It's a longshot "win, win" situation for the Sox to sign him.  The money is irrelevant, it gives JBJ some healthy competition, it helps with the female fan base, he can mentor some young players & if everything goes right, they have a solid player for cheap money.  That's it.  

My whole point is that he isn't here to be a 4th or 5th outfielder.  It's not a fit.  If he is healthy & doesn't win the starting job, he's gone by May 1st, in my opinion.  He's defintely not here to play left field, either.  Even if he gets through spring traing healthy, they aren't going to put all of their eggs in that basket and move Nava.  I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he ends up as a part time outfielder here after May 1st, but I'm certainly not expecting that I will have to.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see why he couldn't be an OK fit replacing either Carp or Nava, although I admit there is some danger on relying on him to stay healthy.

Fair enough though. If he is the starting CF the entire season, I will admit I was wrong too.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying Moon.  And actually, the disparity between the minimum wage players and the high dollar ones is tremendous.

I think the home-grown, minimum wage route is the direction the Sox are going.  This, with some high dollar players thrown in seems to be their formula.  Ellsbury was a prime example.  They utilized his skills at low cost up to his prime and then, cost effectively, let him go on his way.  Actually, business-wise, it was without a doubt the correct thing to do.

With this is mind, it'll be extremely interesting to see what happens.

It just makes me sad, yet grateful, that the wife and I fly around the country watching them play when an average family of four has trouble affording to see a ball game.  This is primarily my biggest concern because I feel that inflationary salaries are one of the causes.

[/QUOTE]

You're not only an arrogant bore, you're also a disgusting elitist. "it just makes me sad...." You are so FOS, it's coming out your ears. I take back what i said earlier; you're not as bad as Bill and Redsox67, you're much worse. Take your BS concern and put it where the sun don't shine, amphole.

[/QUOTE]

How does it feel to go through life with all your insecurities?  You are truly a loser.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of those no lose type signings.  Another solid move by BC.  Imagine if he can stay healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

It goes along the terms of Rocco Baldelli, John Smoltz, Brad Penny, hopefully it will produce results but this guy Sizemore has had major injuries and surgeries as well. I am skeptical on this signing, like a knee jerk reaction to what the Yamkees did this winter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see why he couldn't be an OK fit replacing either Carp or Nava, although I admit there is some danger on relying on him to stay healthy.

Fair enough though. If he is the starting CF the entire season, I will admit I was wrong too.

[/QUOTE]

Could have been a good player but injuries curtailed his career. Why does everyone think because he is coming to Red Sox he is going to be great. He is another ballplayer who does not know when to hang up his cleats. What amazes me is we throw money at the guy who has been out of baseball two years. Does anyone realize the guys timing is going to be way off because of his time away from the game.

Sections
Shortcuts