Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury

Wow. Sox fans thought for sure AJ was done in that first inning, but Granderson saved Burnett and the Yanks season to live another day. Outstanding catch with the bases loaded. Then he pulls off another remarkable catch in the 7th. Wow. Another run saving game changing catch. I think Granderson just stole the MVP from Ellsbury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

Re: Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury

In Response to Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury:
    Wow. Sox fans thought for sure AJ was done in that first inning, but Granderson saved Burnett and the Yanks season to live another day. Outstanding catch with the bases loaded. Then he pulls off another remarkable catch in the 7th. Wow. Another run saving game changing catch. I think Granderson just stole the MVP from Ellsbury.
    Posted by antiqueman1

The voting happens before the playoffs begin, I'm a Yankee fan and although Granderson had a great season I don't think he was the MVP.  For that matter I don't think Ellsbury was either.  I'd give it to the batting champ Cabrera but thats just me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I thought it also happened before the playoffs, but I thought I heard them discussing it on Espn saying if the Sox did not make the playoffs then Ells had no shot.

Null, those catches were truely web gems. They were game changers. Awesome. It should be a great game 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

def. the yanks mvp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Personally,I think Cano was more valuable for the Yankees than Granderson although both had fine seasons.
      Ellsbury should get the MVP IMO.Even as the rest of the Red Sox were floundering in a downward spiral,Jacoby stepped up and played like a champion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury:
    I thought it also happened before the playoffs, but I thought I heard them discussing it on Espn saying if the Sox did not make the playoffs then Ells had no shot. Null, those catches were truely web gems. They were game changers. Awesome. It should be a great game 5.
    Posted by antiqueman1

They were definitely great catches.  The second one was awesome, the one in the first should have been a little bit more routine as he misjudged the ball but recovered in time to make the grab.  As for the voting it happens before the playoffs begin so things that occur in the playoffs don't have any bearing on the MVP race.  We'll see what happens, Ellsbury had a great season.  I don't think he is the MVP but he will be a top-tier candidate. 

I'm glad there is a game 5 but it will do wonders on my nerves!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury:
    Posted by antiqueman1

We keep talking about Granderson, Adrian and Ellsbury but my guess is the MVP goes to Ryan Braun.  I don't see Granderson getting it with a 260 plus BA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Gonzalez is not the MVP for sure. Ells has a chance. I agree with mrmojo: cano is better mvp canidate.

Game fives(sevens) are nerve racking for sure. But at least you get to experience it with your team. I was on pins and needles all least season as the Boston Bruins marched their way to the Stanley Cup. And I guess in the end it is bitter sweet, but the ride along the way, wow, nerve racking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury:
    In Response to Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury : We keep talking about Granderson, Adrian and Ellsbury but my guess is the MVP goes to Ryan Braun.  I don't see Granderson getting it with a 260 plus BA.
    Posted by craze4sox

Ryan Braun is in the N.L. He may or may not win the N.L. MVP.  We are talking about the A.L. MVP here.  My opinion is that the Sox collapse will kill the MVP chances of Ellsbury, Gonzales and Pedroia. I think Verlander has the best shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Knowing Sox fans hate the thought of AJ 'saving' the Yanks season... He..... kinda did. Had Lester or Lackey gone out and pitched just ONE game like that in September, like AJ did, they'd be YOUR Saviors.

AJ gave up fewer runs than CC did. the night before And fewer than....Verlander did.

As much as many of you may hate it, Gotta give AJ his props...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

Gonzalez is not the MVP for sure. Ells has a chance. I agree with mrmojo: cano is better mvp canidate. Game fives(sevens) are nerve racking for sure. But at least you get to experience it with your team. I was on pins and needles all least season as the Boston Bruins marched their way to the Stanley Cup. And I guess in the end it is bitter sweet, but the ride along the way, wow, nerve racking.
    Posted by antiqueman1

I think if the Sox made it into the playoffs Ellsbury may have had a real shot because he was the only one really playing down the stretch.  Nobody could get the guy out, I think if he could play a better centerfield it also would have helped him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

I like Granderson's chances hopefully he gets it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

None of the above get the MVP.  Verlander will get it.

Nice catch by Granderson on the dive, hard to hold on to the ball after landing on your ribs and stomache.   Great stuff ...

Might I mention, one more time .... the RAYS are gone!  HA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

NL MVP will probably be Kemp

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Verlander is an excellent choice for sure. The only problem I have is every day players vs pitchers vs even the DH. No denying Verlander had an MVP year as did Ells. It will be interesting to see the votes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A - Voting ends when the regular season ends

B - Had Granderson read that ball properly, he makes that catch on both feet, in front of him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I am a huge Ells fan, but IMO NO player on the Red Sox, given their epic meltdown deserves a single MVP vote. He was clearly the Red Sox MVP, but to me Verlander should get the Cy Young AND the MVP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Wow! It get worse and worse.
    Now we have Ryan Braun winning the AL MVP, and Granderson getting MVP votes after the voting closed.
    I think Ellsbury should be the favorite for the Cy Young, don't you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson saves Yankees Season not AJ: and steals MVP from Ellsbury : Ryan Braun is in the N.L. He may or may not win the N.L. MVP.  We are talking about the A.L. MVP here.  My opinion is that the Sox collapse will kill the MVP chances of Ellsbury, Gonzales and Pedroia. I think Verlander has the best shot.
    Posted by dgalehouse

AL has to go to Verlander hands down.  Adrian 2nd, Ells 3rd and Granderson 4th, his BA is too low to deserve MVP honors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I think that Ells, Granderson and Verlander all had great seasons and should be the top contenders. As far as AGon...No Way. Nice first half of the season, but sure didn't step up when the melt down started.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

IMO, a pitcher only gets it if there are no real good everyday players.  Yeah, he played his position well, but how well did Verlander hit?  Pitchers only play half the game when they are out there, and they are out there not much more than 20% of the time.

Verlander had a great year, could be unanimous Cy Young, but MVP?  No.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Adrian 2nd, Ells 3rd and Granderson 4th, his BA is too low to deserve MVP honors.

I like Ells being in the top 3; personally I do not see Gonzalez in the top 5. Here is how I think they will vote.

Cabrera
    Granderson
    Ellsbury
    Verlander
    Cano

But Verlander could pull it off and it would definitely be well deserved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

IMO, a pitcher only gets it if there are no real good everyday players.  Yeah, he played his position well, but how well did Verlander hit?  Pitchers only play half the game when they are out there, and they are out there not much more than 20% of the time. Verlander had a great year, could be unanimous Cy Young, but MVP?  No.
    Posted by Kamdog

Verlander wins both CY and MVP, not that I agree that a player who plays in just 1/5th of the games deserves it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

My dark horse pick for the AL MVP is Jose Bautista of the Jays.  They would not have been anything resembling a .500 team without him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ellsbury had a nice push at the end of the season,so I believe that will give him a little edge because it was fresh in the voters minds.Bautista had a good year too.He certainly could be in the running,but I don't think he'll win.
      My top 5 would be:
    1-Ellsbury
    2-Verlander
    3-Cano
    4-Bautista
    5-Granderson

Sections
Shortcuts