Granderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Granderson

Can you imagine the board here today if that was Ells who botched that fly ball last night????????

I wonder if NY fans are throwing CG under the bus today??// Doubt it since IIMHO NY fans look at the whole picture not just one play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Granderson

Come on softy I threw you a big fat one to hit!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Granderson:
    [QUOTE]Come on softy I threw you a big fat one to hit!!!!!!!
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]Let me speak for SOFTY......  Jacoby would have had that one in his back pocket !!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson : Let me speak for SOFTY......  Jacoby would have had that one in his back pocket !!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

So would you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Heard Grandersons interview last night, after the game. Made no excuses, admitted he misplayed it, was playing in and didnt get a good enough read or jump on the ball. It's baseball. You have to expect to make mistakes during the course of a 162 season. He plays a solid CF. Was always one of my non Sox favorite players, until he donned pinstripes. Cant help but like him, even if I can't root for him. quality guy and player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Granderson has been great for N.Y.  His swing is tailor made for the Stadium.  I would say that Ellsbury is the better all around player , but Granderson's power puts him ahead of Jacoby at this point.  It goes without saying that everybody screws up a play on occasion. I don't think the N.Y. fans are going to kill Curtis over this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

NY doesn't care about the last place Sox.  They could lose today, big deal.   They are the better team.   

Let's hope our team makes a good run at the playoffs.  NY is not our problem.   Lousy pitching is our problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Heard Grandersons interview last night, after the game. Made no excuses, admitted he misplayed it, was playing in and didnt get a good enough read or jump on the ball. It's baseball. You have to expect to make mistakes during the course of a 162 season. He plays a solid CF. Was always one of my non Sox favorite players, until he donned pinstripes. Cant help but like him, even if I can't root for him. quality guy and player
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Yup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Granderson:
    [QUOTE]Can you imagine the board here today if that was Ells who botched that fly ball last night???????? I wonder if NY fans are throwing CG under the bus today??// Doubt it since IIMHO NY fans look at the whole picture not just one play.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

No most true baseball fans don't throw their productive players under the bus for a single mistake.

Considering the postives Granderson brings to the Yankees overall, I would bet that most true Yankee fans would just move on from it...especially considering they are running away with the AL East.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Any MLB outfielder should make that catch.  He's a much better fielder than that play.  NY scorers initially ruled it a hit; must've changed by now...that was no hit.

To me the bigger error in last night's game came from Sabathia, who threw a freaking meatball to Gonzo on the first pitch.  Got no business throwing that one.

Funniest part was watching Ichiro try to climb the fence on a ball hit 10 rows deep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

We have played 2 games with NY and are 1-1...nothing but .500 baseball...the more things change the more they stay the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

these are the comments from the todays Post...looks like they are no different than us...some supportive, some not so...and i didnt even bother pasting what they said abour Sathathia...funny but cruel....

this is why we are called FANaticS

Add 3 more stikeouts to Granderson's misplay in the outfield. He's over 120 Ks already this season after close to 200 Ks in 2011. Way too many strikeouts for a #2 hitter, in my opinion.

He should be the #6 hitter. When you are striking out you are not advancing the runner. But I guess the strategy is, if he strikes out, Jeter gets sent to steal second if he got on. So you're getting Granderson's speed at the top of the lineup.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/curtis_misplay_in_th_sinks_bombers_e24VIbNlCJtjqd8DezeerJ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]these are the comments from the todays Post...looks like they are no different than us...some supportive, some not so...and i didnt even bother pasting what they said abour Sathathia...funny but cruel.... this is why we are called FANaticS Add 3 more stikeouts to Granderson's misplay in the outfield. He's over 120 Ks already this season after close to 200 Ks in 2011. Way too many strikeouts for a #2 hitter, in my opinion. He should be the #6 hitter. When you are striking out you are not advancing the runner. But I guess the strategy is, if he strikes out, Jeter gets sent to steal second if he got on. So you're getting Granderson's speed at the top of the lineup. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/curtis_misplay_in_th_sinks_bombers_e24VIbNlCJtjqd8DezeerJ
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Granderson does K too much but keep in mind he also led MLB in runs last season in 136 and the AL in RBIs with 119 plus hit 41 homeruns.

There aren't too many #2 hitters in any lineup giving you that type of production that I know of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I also don't understand why he's hitting 2nd. That/*- play in the field reminded me of the Curt Flood play in the '68 WS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I also don't understand why he's hitting 2nd. That/*- play in the field reminded me of the Curt Flood play in the '68 WS
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Every player has one, not like its happened often besides let's not forget who hit the grand salami the game before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson : Granderson does K too much but keep in mind he also led MLB in runs last season in 136 and the AL in RBIs with 119 plus hit 41 homeruns. There aren't too many #2 hitters in any lineup giving you that type of production that I know of.  
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

the point was Jim saying only sox fans on this forum attack their team...silly...imagine if the yankees were in our position right now...granderson's error wouldve been crucified by posters in ny....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I also don't understand why he's hitting 2nd. That/*- play in the field reminded me of the Curt Flood play in the '68 WS
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The line up is Girardi's call and there is a lot I don't understand about a lot of his decisions.

Suppose Ichiro's BA and OBP climb now that he is with this lineup do you continue to bat Jeter first? I think we both know the answer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson : the point was Jim saying only sox fans on this forum attack their team...silly...imagine if the yankees were in our position right now...granderson's error wouldve been crucified by posters in ny....

For one play? You look at the totality of what the player brings to the table.

I don't expect to see that to occurr again, but he is human.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Granderson : the point was Jim saying only sox fans on this forum attack their team...silly...imagine if the yankees were in our position right now...granderson's error wouldve been crucified by posters in ny....

BTW I post on a few Yankee sites there was no condemnation of Granderson that I saw at all.

He misjudged it. What can you do? Tear a guy apart when he could win the next day's game for you? You move on there are 162 games.

I'll take Curtis on my team anyday the good far outweighs the bad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I live in White Plains, NY.

The NY media is more concerned with Sabathia's outing than Granderson's misplay. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yes ice...the comments on that one page in the post was pretty harsh about CC...and he's been a horse/stud for the yankees...Jim needs to read these before starting threads like this one calling out sox forum regulars

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I live in White Plains, NY. The NY media is more concerned with Sabathia's outing than Granderson's misplay. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. he has been giving up a lot of runs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Last month I went down to DC to watch the Yankees-Nats Friday night.

We had tickets right behind home plate 5 rows back, we showed early to catch batting practice some of players stayed on the field most hit then disappeared down below.

During this period I watched Curtis Granderson walk around the area by the baselines to talk with  groups of kids, smiling, signing autographs and having his picture taken with a few families. And this went on for a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes as I sat my seat and took it in.

I'm sorry to say i didn't see other Yankees doing the same, maybe they do on other days all I know is what i saw. As far as I'm concerned the yankees are lucky to have Curtis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Last month I went down to DC to watch the Yankees-Nats Friday night. We had tickets right behind home plate 5 rows back, we showed early to catch batting practice some of players stayed on the field most hit then disappeared down below. During this period I watched Gurtis Granderson walk around the area by the baselines to talk with kids, sign autographs and have his picture taken with a few families. And this went on for a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes as I sat my seat and took it in. I'm sorry to say i didn't see other Yankees doing the same, maybe they do on other days all I know is what i saw. As far as I'm concerned the yankees are lucky to have Curtis.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

There are some players who are ambassadors and a credit to the game. They're few and far between, Granderson certainly is one of them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Did you read my post. I did not say ONLY RS fans on this forum attack their team.
    I said Can you imagine the board here today if that was Ells who botched that fly ball last night????????
    I wonder if NY fans are throwing CG under the bus today??// Doubt it since IMHO NY fans look at the whole picture not just one play.

So geo please reread and try and at least get what I said correct.

Sections
Shortcuts