EncchiladaT, you should take a break now.    LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 13: Red Sox at Twins

In response to EncchiladaT's comment:

Walk and 4 straight hard-hit singles allowed by Hanrahan in 4th inning

Bailey is licking his chops!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

The Hammond Stadium radar gun has Bard 93-95. He strikes out the side, getting a third strikeout on an elevated fastball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bard strikes out the side on 9 pitches....Wow.  I know it's spring training, but we also know he has the stuff something just didn't click mentall for him once he was taking out of the rotation last year.  He obviously didn't have a problem throwing strikes and coming after hitters today.

Lets hope he keeps this up.  Because if recent trends continue, he might just be our best option for closing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Clay was very impressive today

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Bard strikes out the side on 9 pitches....Wow.  I know it's spring training, but we also know he has the stuff something just didn't click mentall for him once he was taking out of the rotation last year.  He obviously didn't have a problem throwing strikes and coming after hitters today.

Lets hope he keeps this up.  Because if recent trends continue, he might just be our best option for closing. 

he still isn't throwing as hard as he did in 2011...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Fastball, curveball, changeup away -- Webster strikes out the first hitter of his third inning of work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Bradley is 9-for-20 this spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Final, Red Sox 12-5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Tempo was an emphasis for Buchholz today, so much so that coaches used a stopwatch to get him down from 26-28 seconds between pitches to 15.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Hehaws hitting 96, touched 97 and it's early march...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley, Jr. looks good, 2 for 2 run scored off the bench. Has hits against "Hellickson" and Rickey, to name a few. Minor league ball should cool him off and make him older. No reason to start Bradley, with talent like Gomes and Shane and Carp and Nva.

Seriously pitchers pitch differently during spring training.  You're talking about a kid who barely has a third of a season in double a.  If he was slated to start in Portland is it really hard to see they place him in Pawtucket instead and at least give him a month down there to see if he is definitely ready?  Plus you get the extra year out of him and with your home boy as his agent that holds some serious value to the sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I don't see anyway that either Bard or Bradley would be a happy-camper if exiled to Pawtucket. Bard's a different pitcher; Bradley could be an all-star his first year.

Pawtucket? C'mon Man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i heard he topped out at 95..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bradley saw his avg dp blow .300 in double A last year and people are foaming out the mouth over 20 spring training at bats.  I'm as big a homer as anyone when it comes to the prospects but people need to relax a bit here.   People tend to underestimate how hard it is to come up and be n everyday MLBplayer.  Even most established perennial all stars often struggle their first year or become up/down players for a season before they stick....and this isn't a knock on their talent. I'm very confident in Webster and Bradley an have been very happy with what I've seen.

But they will start the season in Pawtucket, you can take that to the bank.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

i heard he topped out at 95..

Ive been wrong before, but I heard 97

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

In Philly, Pap has a 43.20 ERA, giving up 7 H, 8 ER in 1 2/3 innings

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Italy tied the game against Mexico in fourth when Drew Butera hit a two-run shot off Alfredo Aceves.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrichard. Show donrichard's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley, Jr. looks good, 2 for 2 run scored off the bench. Has hits against "Hellickson" and Rickey, to name a few. Minor league ball should cool him off and make him older. No reason to start Bradley, with talent like Gomes and Shane and Carp and Nva.

you're worse than a broken clock, because even a broken clock is right twice a day.

and your posts are similar to a broken record.

Come on man, lighten up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Daniel Bard-"Very encouraging," Farrell said. "He stayed behind a lot of fastballs. Improved command, improved velocity. A very good day for him.

"I think he was probably 95-97 [mph], which might be the best velocity he's shown in a little over a year. But I think setting aside the velocity, just the way he repeated his delivery was the most important thing."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Best Yankees ever, in order: Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford, Jeter, Rivera

Sections
Shortcuts