Grapefruit League Game 14: Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Grapefruit League Game 14: Twins at Red Sox

Red Sox lineup: Ells cf, Pedroia 2b, Sweeney rf, Gomes lf, Nava 1b, Middlebrooks 3b, Lavarnway c, Overbay 1b, Iglesias SS,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 14: Twins at Red Sox

Pitching: RHP Ryan Dempster followed by LHP Chris Hernandez, RHP Alex Wilson, RHP Anthony Carter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Stephen Drew has a mild concussion and maybe out 1-2 days. He was scratched today after experiencing some concussion symptoms from being hit in the helmet by a pitch yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

NPR did a long piece yesterday on Mike Piazza and his book.  He mentioned the concussion from Roger Clemens, which he said was intentional, and I believe him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Ryan Dempster threw a total of three balls in three innings vs the Yankees. Dempster threw three balls to Twins leadoff hitter Aaron Hicks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I know he just flew out to right but Iglesias looks much better at the plate.  He looks comfortable taking a few pitches, and he's obviously put on some muscle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I know he just flew out to right but Iglesias looks much better at the plate.  He looks comfortable taking a few pitches, and he's obviously put on some muscle.

Ive been also very impressed with Christian Vasquez behind the plate. Defensively, IMO, he looks better than lavarnway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ive been also very impressed with Christian Vasquez behind the plate. Defensively, IMO, he looks better than lavarnway.

Lava is not our future catcher.... future DH? sure. future 1Bman? maybe. idk why we are wasting our time... but then again, it's not like it takes a long time to learn how to man first base.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I agree, and from what I have heard and read, I don't think any scout would disagree with you either......speak of the devil nice double.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

+1 Good Arm, Threw The Runner Out In Prime Time, And He Just Hit A Double, Looks Sharp....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Lava is not our future catcher.... future DH? sure. future 1Bman? maybe. idk why we are wasting our time... but then again, it's not like it takes a long time to learn how to man first base.

I think Lavas bat will have to carry him, his defense is weak so he will likely be a C/1B/DH  kinda guy.  Im much less confident today he is with the sox long term,  but if starts mashing it this year that could change.

But I really like Vasquez.  I would le to see a platoon of him and Swihart in a few years.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dumpster was pounded.

Wow!  Great baseball analysis!  Pounded???

YOU are a JOKE!  Your teenybopper analysis is lacking at best!

Actually, Dempster showed good stuff, but it did start getting away from him.....

YOU are a JOKE!  & clearly not a RED SOX fan!

All you do is seek to pad your wanting credentials????  YOU spend 24/7 trying desperately, like a teenage girl, to validate your "predictions," about each player, thus your pathetic short sighted "analysis" about said player.

Weak!

Desperate!  Like a 13 yr. old girl, who has been dumped by the BMOC... 

Little girls with very little to say of substance.......

STIFFY!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

STIFF:   "  I will say anything about a Red Sox player to prove the point that I am right about said player being a shhhhmuck.  I don't care about the RED SOX, only becoming said, BMOC."

I have ZERO clue that I will NEVER be considered the BMOC by anybody with half a brain!  I honestly am the biggest narcissist on the earth, and think if I say things often enough, folks will finally believe my horse______.  OK....  I'm pathetic, but my delusions are all I really have. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dumpster was pounded.

Wow!  Great baseball analysis!  Pounded???

YOU are a JOKE!  Your teenybopper analysis is lacking at best!

Actually, Dempster showed good stuff, but it did start getting away from him.....

YOU are a JOKE!  & clearly not a RED SOX fan!

All you do is seek to pad your wanting credentials????  YOU spend 24/7 trying desperately, like a teenage girl, to validate your "predictions," about each player, thus your pathetic short sighted "analysis" about said player.

Weak!

Desperate!  Like a 13 yr. old girl, who has been dumped by the BMOC... 

Little girls with very little to say of substance.......

STIFFY!

Why waste your time with him. He's not worth the time or effort.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Christian Vazquez said his best pop time ever is 1.79 seconds. It was 1.82 on his caught-stealing last night.           

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Christian Vazquez has worked with Yadier and Jose Molina during his offseasons. Does he have a better arm than both? "I think so."

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Last night Dempster threw 66 pitches (43 strikes) in his 3 2/3 innings.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

NPR did a long piece yesterday on Mike Piazza and his book.  He mentioned the concussion from Roger Clemens, which he said was intentional, and I believe him. 

All three other major sports would've suspended him for that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

It's official: Mariano Rivera announces he will retire after the 2013 season.

The entire Yankees team is in attendance for Rivera's press conference.

Mariano Rivera: "It's been a wonderful and great journey."

25. This post has been removed.