Grapefruit League Game 16: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Grapefruit League Game 16: Red Sox at Rays

Here are the lineups:

RED SOX (7-8)
      Ellsbury cf, Pedroia, 2b, Nava lf, Lavarn DH, Sweeney rf, Ross c, Overbay 1b, Sutton 3b, Ciriaco SS,
    Pitching: RHP John Lackey, RHP Clayton Mortensen, RHP Koji Uehara, RHP Junichi Tazawa, RHP Daniel Bard and RHP Steven Wright.

RAYS (11-4)
    Escobar SS
    Johnson 2B
    Longoria 3B
    Joyce RF
    Loney 1B
    Gimenez C
    Cust DH
    Anderson LF
    Rodriguez CF
    Pitching: LHP Matt Moore, RHP Josh Lueke, RHP Juan Sandova and LHP Enny Romero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 16: Red Sox at Rays

Manny Ramirez officially signs with Taiwan’s EDA Rhinos of the four-team Chinese Professional Baseball League

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Moore looked impressive.  I hope our bats wake up by April, as few to none in our SR look near overwhelming.

We will NEED the bats to pop!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OK Lack....  Show us what you got!  Where's the gun?  Location looks good :)  Mixing.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

3 up 3 down.   Looks like the hard work in the off season is paying off for Lackey.  He is looking better and better.  I like to see it! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's see those wheels Ells! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ross shows he can flash a little POP!  :)

Sox up 3 - 2

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

quiet day for the game thread. 

Is anybody watching?

Lackey looked ok!  :)  Not bad for a number 5??? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sox bats showing some life!  Hazel May doesn't hit like a girl.  Dude doesn't look like a lady?

Glad to see her back in Boston :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bard not looking sharp. Hope he finds the zone!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

David Ortiz has been shut down for 5-7 days after an MRI revealed inflammation where the bone and tendon join together in both of his heels-(non-Achilles inflammation in both heels).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Ortiz apparently has more issues with left heel. But both have pain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Looked like a good all-around effort.  We need a little more from our offense, but the SP are far more important at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

All in all.  I couldn't be more pleased with Lackey's progression.  He may end up being worth NOT dumping him for a bucket of balls!  :)  So, we don't have to give him away + subsidise the move at some $10+ mil / yr., and we get a decent #5 to boot.  Good move by Ben C. in not letting the public pressure to move Lackey.  The public pressure I was advocating for.

What if Lackey becomes a viable #3???  Does he actually start earning his keep?  I'm not holding my breath, but it would make me extatic to see the improbable actually happen.  Here's to the comeback of the year player in the making????  :)

You gotta love that he had the character to come to camp in great shape, with a renewed team first attitude!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Orioles Adam Jones 2 run dbl gives USA 4-3 lead over Canada then he scores on RedSox Shane Victorino single

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

All in all.  I couldn't be more pleased with Lackey's progression.  He may end up being worth NOT dumping him for a bucket of balls!  :)  So, we don't have to give him away + subsidise the move at some $10+ mil / yr., and we get a decent #5 to boot.  Good move by Ben C. in not letting the public pressure to move Lackey.  The public pressure I was advocating for.

What if Lackey becomes a viable #3???  Does he actually start earning his keep?  I'm not holding my breath, but it would make me extatic to see the improbable actually happen.  Here's to the comeback of the year player in the making????  :)

You gotta love that he had the character to come to camp in great shape, with a renewed team first attitude!

next time lackey has a so-so/bad start and you start typing your LAckey sucks rant.. remember this post. then you will know why i can't take you seriously.