Grapefruit League Game 17: Red Sox at Marlins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 17: Red Sox at Marlins

Lester retired the last 11 batters he faced.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I said this a month ago; seems like a good time to repeat it: Any one of the BRASS think it's a good idea to ship Bradley (and Bard) off to Pawtucket, has had some sort of cincussion and needs treatment!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Iglesias is now 0 for 2 in this game and is batting .222. Because this is a rebuilding year it might be worth unloading him for whatever we can get. He is never going to be able to hit a baseball well enough to be on a contending team.

the kid is only 21.. he's got plenty of time to learn to hit. Chances are if we don't think he will ever learn to hit then another GM has the same fears and is unlikely to give up anything of significance... he is worth more to our team by holding onto him and hoping he can eventually learn to hit than trading him for what equates to nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I said this a month ago; seems like a good time to repeat it: Any one of the BRASS think it's a good idea to ship Bradley (and Bard) off to Pawtucket, has had some sort of cincussion and needs treatment!

I agree with this.....if Bradley continues to have the spring he is having, he deserves to go north with the team and start everyday, but lets see what the next coupkle fo weeks bring as he starts facing the pitchers who will be going north with the other teams and are throwing all theri pitches in preparation for the start of the regular season....personally I think he is ready....we need to remember he will be 23 in April and played 3 years of high level college ball, so even though he only has the one full year of minor league ball he is more advanced than a guy who was drafted out of HS. I will trust in the Sox judgement but I hope they keep an open mind about it.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Iglesias is now 0 for 2 in this game and is batting .222. Because this is a rebuilding year it might be worth unloading him for whatever we can get. He is never going to be able to hit a baseball well enough to be on a contending team.

Arnie Beyeler disagrees with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

De La Rosa in the bottom of the 7th walked four batters and yielded five runs (all earned) in two thirds of an inning before giving way to Anthony Carter

End 7th, Red Sox 7-6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Arnie Beyeler disagrees with you.

Isn't Arnie the guy who was singing the praises of Lars Anderson not too long ago?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

3-4 day for Jackie Bradley. Hitting .519.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

RED SOX LOSE!

Get use to it folks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

RED SOX LOSE!

Get use to it folks!

If we can get used to you, we can get used to anything...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Top Marlins OF prospect C hristianYelich hits walk-off 2R-HR to defeat RedSox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Bet you've been waiting all spring to say that.
    You're a bonehead. WMB has a sub .300 SLG PCT. Perhaps we should trade him too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to EncchiladaT's comment:

3-4 day for Jackie Bradley. Hitting .519.

It's ST. Doesn't mean anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

^^^ this

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

the average offensive production from SS over the past 3 years is .257/.312/.370 I think Iggy could near that if we give him enough time in AAA. like i said, the kid is only 21. he is not MLB ready just yet but in another season or so he could be ready to give that to us.

Also keep in mind that XB could still be moved to another position and Marerro is still roughly 2 years out. SS for the future is not set in stone. Right now Iggy doesn't have much value. he is worth more to us than whatever farm scrap we get by trading him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

the average offensive production from SS over the past 3 years is .257/.312/.370 I think Iggy could near that if we give him enough time in AAA. like i said, the kid is only 21. he is not MLB ready just yet but in another season or so he could be ready to give that to us.

Also keep in mind that XB could still be moved to another position and Marerro is still roughly 2 years out. SS for the future is not set in stone. Right now Iggy doesn't have much value. he is worth more to us than whatever farm scrap we get by trading him.

My guess is that Iggy has more value now than he will have next year. We tend to wait too long with some of our prospects until they really are useless in trade value. Maybe if we packaged him up with someone like Ellsbury a GM might be willing to take a chance on him. I do not think he will ever hit ML pitching and is therefore useless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

My guess is that Iggy has more value now than he will have next year. We tend to wait too long with some of our prospects until they really are useless in trade value. Maybe if we packaged him up with someone like Ellsbury a GM might be willing to take a chance on him. I do not think he will ever hit ML pitching and is therefore useless.

Pumpsie, I'm going to attribute your ability to not mince words, from having to make yourself perfectly clear, to your patients.;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Bet you've been waiting all spring to say that.
    You're a bonehead. WMB has a sub .300 SLG PCT. Perhaps we should trade him too.

Listen you idiot: WMB has a history of success in the majors. What is Iggy's track record?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pumpsie, I'm going to attribute your ability to not mince words, from having to make yourself perfectly clear, to your patients.;)

Actually I have to be very careful talking to patients. You have to tell the truth, but you never want to remove all hope. You have to couch what you say a bit, unlike here. Here I can be as blunt as I want. I do not think Iggy has any future in the ML. Its time to trade him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

To be precise, Jose Iglesias is 23 years old (and older than two-time All Star shortstop Starlin Castro).

(http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/iglesjo01.shtml

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Actually I have to be very careful talking to patients. You have to tell the truth, but you never want to remove all hope. You have to couch what you say a bit, unlike here. Here I can be as blunt as I want. I do not think Iggy has any future in the ML. Its time to trade him.

I would suggest couching what you say here to a point, also. The BDC mods don't seem to have a lot patients, so to speak;)

As far as iggy, hard to say. His glove is gold,  the same can't be said for his bat but don't want to give up, too soon. He's put on 10 pound of muscle. Let's wait to see what happens.

I think it's now or never, for Lavarnway. He's 25, time to see what his future with the team may or may not be. If Ortiz isn't ready to go, he should DH.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

the average offensive production from SS over the past 3 years is .257/.312/.370 I think Iggy could near that if we give him enough time in AAA. like i said, the kid is only 21.he is not MLB ready just yet but in another season or so he could be ready to give that to us.

To be precise, Jose Iglesias is 23 years old (and older than two-time All Star shortstop Starlin Castro).

(http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/iglesjo01.shtml

Realistically, he probably has one more year to prove himself to the management. This is it for him. It doesn't much matter that we have him for one more year because this is a rebuilding year anyway. Still, if we could trade him for someone who is a better prospect, especially a pitching prospect, I would not hesitate to do so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Iglesias is still a big ???  But, as cautious as I tend to be in such matters, its getting harder and harder to justify keeping Jackie Bradley on the farm.  Coming into camp, I figured his struggles adjusting to AA last year surely meant another year at least of developing his hitting.  But, he is showing incredible acumen and cunning at the plate thus far.  We are out of the pitchers-spotting-fastballs-for-mechanics phase of camp and Bradley is still hitting.  For power to boot.  This kid obviously put in some good work over the winter.  A difference maker?  Looking like it.  Verdict still out.  But if this kid is still cracking the ball in 2 weeks, control years be damned.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I would suggest couching what you say here to a point, also. The BDC mods don't seem to have a lot patients, so to speak;)

As far as iggy, hard to say. His glove is gold,  the same can't be said for his bat but don't want to give up, too soon. He's put on 10 pound of muscle. Let's wait to see what happens.

I think it's now or never, for Lavarnway. He's 25, time to see what his future with the team may or may not be. If Ortiz isn't ready to go, he should DH.

I am not concerned about the mods here JBay, but thanks for the caution. I do not think I have even had a single post deleted. I do not plan to hold back being critical of the team if its warranted, and I never begin a personal exchange here and rarely even get involved in that stuff.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree about Iggy. Yeah, he might just be a late bloomer, but he also might be a bust. He has not proven he can hit the baseball-ever. Its a fine line to choose the difference between a late bloomer and a bust. If he is going to be a bust I would rather have him be someone else's bust.

Sections
Shortcuts