Grapefruit League Game 19: Red Sox at Twins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Re: Grapefruit League Game 19: Red Sox at Twins

Parmelee gets the first spring training walk and HR off Dempster. RedSox 5, Twins 1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Ryan Dempster is finished after four innings. He allowed one run on three hits, including solo homer by Chris Parmalee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Mid 7th, Red Sox 5-1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Bases loaded, shallow pop to center. When runner faked going home, Bradley threw to 3rd and almost got him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

In response to EncchiladaT's comment:

Bases loaded, shallow pop to center. When runner faked going home, Bradley threw to 3rd and almost got him.

Jackie Bradley has a cannon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Final, Red Sox 7-3

Improve to 10-9.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

John Farrell on whether Stephen Drew could have longterm issue: "Well you really never know. These are so case by case."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EncchiladaT. Show EncchiladaT's posts

Lots of scouts watching Red Sox relievers the past few days including Texas. There's a chance the Red Sox could move Alfredo Aceves.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I may be the ONLY person who thinks this.....but I hope they stick with him...for at least a little while.  He is far too valuable as a longer reliever/set-up man/spot starter.  He really is the only person we have right now who is healthy enough to be a spot starter and has the flexibility to bouce back and forth from reliever to starter.  I know people dream of Webster but he will be in the minors soon and should not be bounced up and down this early in his career.  If Moralis comes back effective and healthy....then yes...that could make him expendable.  I just want to be careful before we start getting rid of good arms...they ARE NOT a dime a dozen.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I may be the ONLY person who thinks this.....but I hope they stick with him...for at least a little while.  He is far too valuable as a longer reliever/set-up man/spot starter.  He really is the only person we have right now who is healthy enough to be a spot starter and has the flexibility to bouce back and forth from reliever to starter.  I know people dream of Webster but he will be in the minors soon and should not be bounced up and down this early in his career.  If Moralis comes back effective and healthy....then yes...that could make him expendable.  I just want to be careful before we start getting rid of good arms...they ARE NOT a dime a dozen.....

You're not the only one. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The Red Sox won a WS with Crisp.

Except for the fact that Ellsbury was starting in CF in the postseason. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

HAHA!!  Good to know!!  Plus, heck......he keeps us on our toes, you never know what he's going to do next!  Without Manny and Tavares it got a bit dull around here...he fills that void!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

HAHA!!  Good to know!!  Plus, heck......he keeps us on our toes, you never know what he's going to do next!  Without Manny and Tavares it got a bit dull around here...he fills that void!

Exactly. Plus with Vicente gone, we need someone that scares opposing hitters just a little.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i like Ace too. i would hold onto him for now. Unless another team overpays in a trade i would insert him into his old swingman role/spot starter.

Sections
Shortcuts