GREAT ACEVES STORY: HE'S THE NEXT BILL LEE, ARROYO+TAVARES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: GREAT ACEVES STORY: HE'S THE NEXT BILL LEE, ARROYO+TAVARES!

if bronson like photo town as much as it sounds

why would he burn any bridges by complaining or

punishing a charity that he most likely enjoyed playing in

besides he really had no beef with theo

"I signed the deal at a pretty good discount . . . Fenway Park is a joy to come to every single day. I love playing here. I love the fans. I love the city. I want to stay here for my whole career, I feel that's going to beneficial for me as well as the team. Hopefully, they see it that way and don't trade me. [Then co-general managers] Jed [Hoyer] and Ben [Cherington] both stated to me that there was no deal on the table for me right now, and they felt pretty strongly that I wouldn't be traded any time anywhere in the near future. They couldn't guarantee me security for the lifetime of the contract."
    Today--a mere two months and a day from when Arroyo signed the contract--the Red Sox traded Arroyo to the Cincinnati Reds for outfielder Wily Mo Pena.

is it really so hard to admit that bronson wasn't happy to be traded?

and doesn't ''not happy'' = didn't end well ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: GREAT ACEVES STORY: HE'S THE NEXT BILL LEE, ARROYO+TAVARES!:
    [QUOTE]if bronson like photo town as much as it sounds why would he burn any bridges by complaining or   punishing a charity that he most likely enjoyed playing in besides he really had no beef with theo "I signed the deal at a pretty good discount . . . Fenway Park is a joy to come to every single day. I love playing here. I love the fans. I love the city. I want to stay here for my whole career, I feel that's going to beneficial for me as well as the team. Hopefully, they see it that way and don't trade me. [Then co-general managers] Jed [Hoyer] and Ben [Cherington] both stated to me that there was no deal on the table for me right now, and they felt pretty strongly that I wouldn't be traded any time anywhere in the near future. They couldn't guarantee me security for the lifetime of the contract." Today-- a mere two months and a day from when Arroyo signed the contract--the Red Sox traded Arroyo to the Cincinnati Reds for outfielder Wily Mo Pena. is it really so hard to admit that bronson wasn't happy to be traded? and doesn't ''not happy'' = didn't end well ?
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Of course you have a point Zac.  Bronson wasn't happy, and many of us Sox fans weren't happy either.  But when we talk of "bad endings" in the Bill Lee vein, I tend to think of partings in which there was "bad blood":  Manny, Lee, Nomar etc. With Bronson there was "cold blood", but no "bad blood".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

fair enough zac. Although it didnt end the way he wanted it to. not being happy about it doesn't necessarily equate to " badly". he has stated he has no hard feelings about it. when any player gives a hometown discount, that's their decision and the chance they take,with no quarantees. When he performed last year at the charity concert,he was asked about coming back and performing every year.  he said he has remained good friends with Epstein.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

there was "cold blood", but no "bad blood".

got it spaceman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not being happy about it doesn't necessarily equate to " badly".

ok jbay whatever you say

but the odds must be pretty good

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

space said it best zac. bad endings = manny, nomar etc. arroyo's  wasn't a blood bath. I loved the kid; it was a terrible trade. still watch a reds game if he's pitching.

we can agree to disagree....againTongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Re: GREAT ACEVES STORY: HE'S THE NEXT BILL LEE, ARROYO+TAVARES!:
    [QUOTE]5 Walks and a wild pitch and a big loss. Suck it up and get some lapband surgery, Shields embarrassed you, and the Tampa offense is one of the worst in baseball.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

yes wakefield was outstanding and i am so happy to see you be such a big fan of the redsox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sometimes there's only one way something can end. It's inevitable. How it's defined is not as relevant as the end itself. Free spirits generally create their own turbulence.