Great ALCS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Great ALCS

This has been fun to watch. Clearly the two best teams in the A.L.  Well played, hard played , first rate baseball. Some really great pitching.  All of the drama and suspense you could ask for. Outstanding managing by Farrell and Leland. Contrary to some of the things posted here , Farrell has managed brilliantly, Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating and the quality of play has been terrific. There really has been a lot to like , and nothing to complain about. Now , just one more win and on to the Fall Classic. We are looking at the third World Series Championship in ten years , and in our lifetimes. Enjoy it all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Great ALCS

Can't agree more... it has been an amazing series so far.  I wanted the Sox to go through Detroit because I felt they had the best team besides the Sox.  Nobody gave us a shot to start the year, but this has turned into one magical experience.  I hope they keep up this level of play and can pull one out vs. the two best pitchers in baseball the next two games.

Holy ____ ... Bill Belichick said the last Pats game took 5 years off his life... glad he isn't a baseball fan.  This is taking about the same off this fan's life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has been fun to watch. Clearly the two best teams in the A.L.  Well played, hard played , first rate baseball. Some really great pitching.  All of the drama and suspense you could ask for. Outstanding managing by Farrell and Leland. Contrary to some of the things posted here , Farrell has managed brilliantly, Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating and the quality of play has been terrific. There really has been a lot to like , and nothing to complain about. Now , just one more win and on to the Fall Classic. We are looking at the third World Series Championship in ten years , and in our lifetimes. Enjoy it all. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, although I've been watching most the games without the sound (not so much out of choice, but because of venue).  What's there to complain about?  These are indeed glorious times for Red Sox Nation.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been fun. But I think that Farrell has had a bad series. There are many examples of mismanaging: first, not using Berry to pinch run for Bogey instead of WMB. Second, not warming someone up when it became clear that Lester was weakening. Third, having Vic bunt on the first pitch instead of allowing Ells to steal second base. Fourth, using Gomes instead of Nava tonight (unless Nava is hurt). There are other examples in other games. He has not had a good series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, although I've been watching most the games without the sound (not so much out of choice, but because of venue).  What's there to complain about?  These are indeed glorious times for Red Sox Nation.  

[/QUOTE]

Sherriff, you are sooo predictable. When the RS lose, you're nowhere to be found. When they win, you're back in all your glory. I think they call that a pink hatter.

Since the RS are my pick to win the whole thing, here's guessing we'll be seeing more of you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

U are a good, objective, fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sherriff, you are sooo predictable. When the RS lose, you're nowhere to be found. When they win, you're back in all your glory. I think they call that a pink hatter.

Since the RS are my pick to win the whole thing, here's guessing we'll be seeing more of you.

[/QUOTE]

I hope your prediction comes true and you become sick and tired of this predictible pink hat.  

Pink Red Sox?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope your prediction comes true and you become sick and tired of this predictible pink hat.  

Pink Red Sox?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, that cap is rather becoming. I'm sure you can tell me where to get one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

You lost me at " Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating"

Buck and McCarver are a joke. They are clearly biased. They whined about a called strike on a Tigers hitter for ten minutes the other night. But when the Sox took the same call on the same pitch and it was called a strike, those clowns had nothing to say but praise Tigers pitching. I don't see any point in whining about it. I just hit the mute button now.

And the home plate umpires have been erratic on both teams. There is often little rhyme or reason to the balls and strikes calls. Strikes are balls and balls are strikes. Joe West is a moron. A lot of the calls Sanchez was getting in game 1 were ridiculous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Only a great series if the Sox win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You lost me at " Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating"

Buck and McCarver are a joke. They are clearly biased. They whined about a called strike on a Tigers hitter for ten minutes the other night. But when the Sox took the same call on the same pitch and it was called a strike, those clowns had nothing to say but praise Tigers pitching. I don't see any point in whining about it. I just hit the mute button now.

And the home plate umpires have been erratic on both teams. There is often little rhyme or reason to the balls and strikes calls. Strikes are balls and balls are strikes. Joe West is a moron. A lot of the calls Sanchez was getting in game 1 were ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Sox are up three games to two and heading home. "Let the good times roll".

In March when the teams were breaking camp to head north, if anyone would have told me the Sox would be within a game of advancing to the WS. Given all of the drama of the previous two years. I'd think we'd all have taken that. Win or lose this has been perhaps the most enjoyable season of baseball since the Idiots of 2004...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, its been fun. But I think that Farrell has had a bad series. There are many examples of mismanaging: first, not using Berry to pinch run for Bogey instead of WMB. Second, not warming someone up when it became clear that Lester was weakening. Third, having Vic bunt on the first pitch instead of allowing Ells to steal second base. Fourth, using Gomes instead of Nava tonight (unless Nava is hurt). There are other examples in other games. He has not had a good series.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can really complain about Middlebrooks since he made it to 3rd. He pulled Lester after the second guy got on. It was pretty quick. Nava is a better hitter but they seem to find away to win with Gomes in the line up. I think he has a great series when you look at how good he has been with the bullpen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Great ALCS, undeniably.  Every pitch counts.  Thrills, chills, and excitement.  And all fox wants to do is interviews while the games are being played!  Clearly fox thinks the games themselves are borinG.  Fox also does a lousy job showing us the defense when a batter comes up.

Tigers are very much the worthy opponent.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May be  more about the state of this forum, when the Sox are losing. It's not easy to take and some don't want, need or have to. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post, gale. Nerve racking, but must see, as a Sox fan. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm glad Boston took two out of three in Detroit.   Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

RE: Ice-Cream's

I'm glad Boston took two out of three in Detroit.   Laughing

Amen! Let's make it one-out-of-one on Saturday.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

We scream for Farrell to yank Drew for Bogey, instead he switches for the equally struggling Middlebrooks.    Victorino is also struggling and looks bad at the plate, same with Papi and no way will they come out.

If the series was 3-5, who would you pick for MVP?  Uehara or Napoli?

I'd go with with Koji.  2 saves and a win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yes it is a great series.  Probably one of the best one I have ever witness.  All games are a tight game.  

Farrell is doing a phenomial job managing the game!!  Glad Boston hired him!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this thread would be very much different if we lost last night. 

i'll tell you what....If the Sox win on Saturday even I will say Buck & Mcfugger have done a fantastic job.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May be  more about the state of this forum, when the Sox are losing. It's not easy to take and some don't want, need or have to. 

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

We need Buck to step up in game 6. He has been average in the playoffs far. He has to dominate on Saturday. I do not want a game 7 against Verlander. A lot of good pitching on both sides. But he is the opnly true ace on either team. He has been inconsistent this year. But he is still capable of no hit stuff on any given night.

Let's close this out on Saturday and hope the NLCS goes seven.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Playoff baseball at its best.  My stomach has been butterflies for a week now.

Sections
Shortcuts