Great Day for Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Great Day for Middlebrooks

I'm with DD on WMB.  i hope he proves us both wrong......

this will be season #3 he is given the keys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's sleeping with Jenny Dell,every day is a great day for Middlebrooks

[/QUOTE]

haha mojo.  2 points.

but, i bet he is already getting bored.  the grass is always greener.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm Will Middlebrooks biggest fan, well not really but I like him.  I'm a huge supporter of him getting a long look and being a starter, but lets temper our expecations a bit...this is afterall spring training.

[/QUOTE]

The whole reason for this thread was because of the earlier Middlebrooks is 1-for-10 thread. So when he went 1-for-3, I decided to have fun. Then he went 2-for-3 twice, so it's been even more fun.

I don't want him to be too hot in the spring that he slumps when the regular season starts. Ideally, he has a solid spring, good at-bats when he makes outs, etc. and starts the season with steady production. 

I've liked what I've seen out of him this spring so far, even during the 1-for-10 start. He's had a shaky moment or two in the field, but he's made some nice plays too.

[/QUOTE]

If you followed WMB's career, as in his entire career from high school up until Boston he was always a streaky hitter.  His power numbers slowly edged up as he moved up the latter because his hot streaks would become longer and his long slumps became shorter by year.

This is exactly what happened when he came to Boston.  He got hot, then he got cold, then he got injured, then he played and was horrible and very well might have not been fully recovered...then he got hot, then he got cold.

Everyone seems to argue whether he was the first half of 2012 WMB or the first half of 2013.  Few people think he is something inbetween,  but that is probably exactly what he is.  He will probably go through stretches where he scorches the ball, and then long slumps.  Much like Napoli, but with less walks, but maybe even more power potential.....which he might never tap into if he can't learn to be even just a little bit more patient. 

[/QUOTE]

I go back to what I've said all along. He's had five good months and two bad months. Two of the months were at the end of last year when he showed he made some positive adjustments. So I lean more toward the two bad months as simply being growing pains.

We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm Will Middlebrooks biggest fan, well not really but I like him.  I'm a huge supporter of him getting a long look and being a starter, but lets temper our expecations a bit...this is afterall spring training.

[/QUOTE]

The whole reason for this thread was because of the earlier Middlebrooks is 1-for-10 thread. So when he went 1-for-3, I decided to have fun. Then he went 2-for-3 twice, so it's been even more fun.

I don't want him to be too hot in the spring that he slumps when the regular season starts. Ideally, he has a solid spring, good at-bats when he makes outs, etc. and starts the season with steady production. 

I've liked what I've seen out of him this spring so far, even during the 1-for-10 start. He's had a shaky moment or two in the field, but he's made some nice plays too.

[/QUOTE]

If you followed WMB's career, as in his entire career from high school up until Boston he was always a streaky hitter.  His power numbers slowly edged up as he moved up the latter because his hot streaks would become longer and his long slumps became shorter by year.

This is exactly what happened when he came to Boston.  He got hot, then he got cold, then he got injured, then he played and was horrible and very well might have not been fully recovered...then he got hot, then he got cold.

Everyone seems to argue whether he was the first half of 2012 WMB or the first half of 2013.  Few people think he is something inbetween,  but that is probably exactly what he is.  He will probably go through stretches where he scorches the ball, and then long slumps.  Much like Napoli, but with less walks, but maybe even more power potential.....which he might never tap into if he can't learn to be even just a little bit more patient. 

[/QUOTE]

I go back to what I've said all along. He's had five good months and two bad months. Two of the months were at the end of last year when he showed he made some positive adjustments. So I lean more toward the two bad months as simply being growing pains.

We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

staying up late with Jenny made him tired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe when he goes 0-fer, she should hold out on him, and when he has a good game she can get all freaky with him. The guy could end up winning the Triple Crown. Tongue Out

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As DAD would say........... "SON, when you find the right gal, you will know it" !!!!

[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

We'll see.

Will Middlebrooks' OPS by month:

May .922 (99 PA)

June .836 (82 PA)

July .785 (70 PA)

Aug .673 (35 PA)

April .642 (103 PA)

May .642 (82 PA)

June .469 (31 PA)

Aug .880 (69 PA)

Sept .746 (89 PA)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'll see.

Will Middlebrooks' OPS by month:

May .922 (99 PA)

June .836 (82 PA)

July .785 (70 PA)

Aug .673 (35 PA)

April .642 (103 PA)

May .642 (82 PA)

June .469 (31 PA)

Aug .880 (69 PA)

Sept .746 (89 PA)

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I was just using full months where he had the entire month to produce, to balance out a hot week or a cold week.

I should have phrased it five good months, two bad months and two months incompletes. June of 2013 and August 2012 should be considered incompletes.

If you don't like the incompletes and it's unfair to put a 70-plus PA month with a 30 to 35 PA month on equal terms, it's probably fair to combine the two half months as one and say he had five good months and three bad months, or five good months, two bad months and two bad half months.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

another way to say it:

he has 2 strikes.  pitch #3 is leaving the pitchers hand in 3 weeks.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

WMB also had a 1.057 OPS his first month in 2012 before he called up.  He was on a tare for half the year.   You can't excuse his 2013 performance, but you can perhaps at least explain it with his injury.  Even elite players in their prime often see a dramatic reduction in their numbers when playing hurt, or playing while recovering from an injury that can really slow you down. 

WMB has a talent that deserves a long look....he's going to get that.

My cup is half full. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

WMB also had a 1.057 OPS his first month in 2012 before he called up.  He was on a tare for half the year.   You can't excuse his 2013 performance, but you can perhaps at least explain it with his injury.  Even elite players in their prime often see a dramatic reduction in their numbers when playing hurt, or playing while recovering from an injury that can really slow you down. 

WMB has a talent that deserves a long look....he's going to get that.

My cup is half full. 

[/QUOTE]

I think the beginning of last season was a combination of th injury and pitchers making an adjustment now that there was more of a scouting report on him, and he was slow to adjust.

But I liked the way he looked the last two months. He was a bit more patient, went the opposite way more and you could see the change in his approach. 

Right now, he's having the best spring statistically -- albeit small sample -- of the three of them: Middlebrooks, Bradley, Bogaerts. At least going into today's game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Another good game -- 1-for-3 HR, good defensive play.

Great to see.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe when he goes 0-fer, she should hold out on him, and when he has a good game she can get all freaky with him. The guy could end up winning the Triple Crown. Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

The only way to cinch it is to have Jenny hold out as long as he is hitting AND make him wear her garters under his uni.  RESPECT THE STREAK!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So the other thread starter had his "FUN" and so did you at pointing out how foolish he was.  Try to recall his moniker and then in the future you won't be baited into his trap.

[/QUOTE]

I'll have my own fun on this board whatever way I see fit. If you don't like it, stay off the thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So the other thread starter had his "FUN" and so did you at pointing out how foolish he was.  Try to recall his moniker and then in the future you won't be baited into his trap.

[/QUOTE]

I'll have my own fun on this board whatever way I see fit. If you don't like it, stay off the thread.

[/QUOTE]

+1

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll have my own fun on this board whatever way I see fit. If you don't like it, stay off the thread  FORUM.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Sox have an off day today, right?  So Middy must be out rescuing babies and putting out fires.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox have an off day today, right?  So Middy must be out rescuing babies and putting out fires.

[/QUOTE]

I'd have ZERO respect for him if he did that. The man should have his priorities straight. He's in Florida, beautiful weather, an off day.

He should be at the beach with Jenny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have ZERO respect for him if he did that. The man should have his priorities straight. He's in Florida, beautiful weather, an off day.

He should be at the beach with Jenny.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, we will call my post plan B, yours is much better.

Sections
Shortcuts