Great interviews- JBJ and Lavarnway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great interviews- JBJ and Lavarnway

These two guys understand this game and the business side of it as well. Take a listen...

http://audio.weei.com/a/72405519/minor-details-ep-41-jackie-bradley-jr-ryan-lavarnway-and-the-pace-of-player-development.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Great interviews- JBJ and Lavarnway

Every time Bradley Jr. opens his mouth I'm more impressed by this kid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Every time Bradley Jr. opens his mouth I'm more impressed by this kid.

Yeah, hes going to be a very good MLB player. Hopefully a great one. If you cant handle this game mentally, you wont last long. Baseball is so different from any other sport in terms of mental toughness and being able to deal with failure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lavarnway also realizes the situation and what he needs to do. I especially like when they discussed players being "blocked" and his response.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

These two guys understand this game and the business side of it as well. Take a listen...

http://audio.weei.com/a/72405519/minor-details-ep-41-jackie-bradley-jr-ryan-lavarnway-and-the-pace-of-player-development.htm

Good interview, both kids have the right mindset and talent to make it in the bigs along with Bogy.  No big "Ego" issues just hard nosed determined guys that want to learn and eventually help our club when/if the opportunity gets handed to them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

They understand that the business is out of their control. However, any business that makes roster and playing time decisions based upon whether it's a big FA contract profile like Drew and Shane and Gomes and Ellsbuy is a bad business.

I like how this management shill is running PR bugaboo to distract from how absurd it is to ignore merit and resort to quotes like "he was brought in to be the starting SS so it's his job" and "we view him as a CF'er".

The Lakers didn't view E. Johnson as an NBA center, but that's exactly the correct played they put him in an NBA finals series they won, because that was the best place to put him do to the personell at that time.

When was the last time you had something good to say about the Red Sox? I challenge you to come up with a post where you actually complimented someone on the Red Sox or in their FO. I doubt if you can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

JBJ is certainly making a good case for him to break camp with the club. But I also like the fact that he understands the business side of things and can accept them a lot more easily than some here in this forum.

I still believe that Lavarnways offense will suffer if they keep him as a catcher. He continues to try and backhand balls to the side of him, amongst other things. I hope he can put it all together, but still believe hes better suited as a 1b.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

JBJ is certainly making a good case for him to break camp with the club. But I also like the fact that he understands the business side of things and can accept them a lot more easily than some here in this forum.

I still believe that Lavarnways offense will suffer if they keep him as a catcher. He continues to try and backhand balls to the side of him, amongst other things. I hope he can put it all together, but still believe hes better suited as a 1b.

Bradley Jr. certainly hasn't shown anything not to like so far. I wonder if notin is rethinking his offseason analysis of him. :-) As for Lavarnaway, it might be the best option to move him over to 1B. The Sox have some pretty good looking catchers coming up through the ranks in Vazquez and Swihart, but there seems to be a real dearth of first basemen in the minor league system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bradley Jr. certainly hasn't shown anything not to like so far. I wonder if notin is rethinking his offseason analysis of him. :-) As for Lavarnaway, it might be the best option to move him over to 1B. The Sox have some pretty good looking catchers coming up through the ranks in Vazquez and Swihart, but there seems to be a real dearth of first basemen in the minor league system.

I know its a little early to tell, but Vasquez reminds me of Y. Molina. Of course hes worked with the Molinas in their home country which would explain that. hes showed good offense at all levels so far. This will be his big year to see if he can adjust to the advanced pitching and hitting of AA. He already looks much better behind the dish than Lav, and by all accounts is a good game caller and leader. If he does do well and adjust to AA, then the Sox might as well move Lav from the catchers position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I know its a little early to tell, but Vasquez reminds me of Y. Molina. Of course hes worked with the Molinsa in their home country which would explain that. hes showed good offense at all levels so far. This will be his big year to see if he can adjust to the advanced pitching and hitting of AA. If he does, then the Sox might as well move Lav from the catchers position.

They could always reup Salty and Ross too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I know its a little early to tell, but Vasquez reminds me of Y. Molina. Of course hes worked with the Molinsa in their home country which would explain that. hes showed good offense at all levels so far. This will be his big year to see if he can adjust to the advanced pitching and hitting of AA. If he does, then the Sox might as well move Lav from the catchers position.

Ross will be here in 2014 and I would think at 37 that would be it. Salty has to prove he can K a little less and bring that obp up a little this year. Salty has had a very encouraging ST offensively. Hopefully he can bring that into the regular season. Vasquez still has a couple years to go. 2013 is the year for a lot of prospects and a couple guys on the current roster to prove their worth.

I think the FO will make some moves at the deadline or next offseason depending on what some of these guys do this year.

Im also hoping to see some more power numbers from Cecchini this year too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ross will be here in 2014 and I would think at 37 that would be it. Salty has to prove he can K a little less and bring that obp up a little this year. Salty has had a very encouraging ST offensively. Hopefully he can bring that into the regular season. Vasquez still has a couple years to go. 2013 is the year for a lot of prospects and a couple guys on the current roster to prove their worth.

I think the FO will make some moves at the deadline or next offseason depending on what some of these guys do this year.

I thought I read somewhere that he had bulked up some over the offseason, but I might be thinking of Iglesias. It'll be interesting to see what Brentz does in a full year of AAA as well. A couple of interesting outfielders, Manuel Margot and Williams Jerez, should be making their full season debuts this year too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

he said he's spent this ST working on improving his ABs against righties

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I thought I read somewhere that he had bulked up some over the offseason, but I might be thinking of Iglesias. It'll be interesting to see what Brentz does in a full year of AAA as well. A couple of interesting outfielders, Manuel Margot and Williams Jerez, should be making their full season debuts this year too.

Cecchini did bulk up some this offseason. Hopefully that power will come this year. hes got a sweet swing from the left side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

who? Vasquez? Lavarnway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

who? Vasquez? Lavarnway?

Salty

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The next "CARLTON FISK" remains HOSTAGE  to a lousey catcher (Salty) in front of him !!!   Unfair !!!!

if that were the case he would be starting ahead of him.. it's not like Salty is making big bucks and  that's the reason they keep him in the starting lineup. He is simply the best catcher in the organization.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

If salty is a lousy catcher then Lava is a horrendous catcher..

Sections
Shortcuts