Great job by De La Rosa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Great job by De La Rosa

Much better than watching Alan Webster last season.  I hope this trend continues so we have a few more trade options and depth moving forward.

Good job Rubby!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Great job by De La Rosa

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Much better than watching Alan Webster last season.  I hope this trend continues so we have a few more trade options and depth moving forward.

Good job Rubby!

[/QUOTE]I like the way that he keeps the hitters off balance by catching/pitching quickly......  Baseball is a game of balance, keep the other team off balance & good things happen !!

[/QUOTE]

I agree but won't get too excited until we see more of Rubby.  It was certainly fun to watch one of our young arms have a solid game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A blazing fast ball and an assortment of breaking balls, tough combo.  Ray's lineup ain't much these days, however.  68% strikes, which is very good for his first start at Fenway.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

very nice start! excellent win - the Sox are back from their funk

As always - 100% correct!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

21 outs. 19 by K or Ground ball. 4 hits, 3 singles.  Rubby was dominante.

I remember originally thinking of RDLR being the better arm in the RDLR/Webster deal, but then it seemed that Webster had the most upside after the last year and now things have switched back again.

Rubby has done a much better job of controlling the ball this season, he's dominant when he keeps the ball down, and he holds his velocity deep into games.

I believe I predicted on another thread that RDLR was going to be the guy called up to start, of course it ended up being Workman last week but RDLR was the second guy.  I'm not giving up on Webster either, he's look much better down in Pawtucket this year as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I remember originally thinking of RDLR being the better arm in the RDLR/Webster deal, but then it seemed that Webster had the most upside after the last year and now things have switched back again.

Rubby has done a much better job of controlling the ball this season, he's dominant when he keeps the ball down, and he holds his velocity deep into games.

I believe I predicted on another thread that RDLR was going to be the guy called up to start, of course it ended up being Workman last week but RDLR was the second guy.  I'm not giving up on Webster either, he's look much better down in Pawtucket this year as well. 

QUOTE:
    I don't think any of us should give up on our young arms hugh but a couple need to develop soon.  Guys like Peavy and Clay don't have their best stuff anymore and Doub has been mediocre.  We have been waiting some time now for a young SP to really help our rotation on a consistent basis.  We need our defense and pitching to play well to have any chance this season.  I also still feel if our FO doesn't make an impact trade for a big bat this season I don't see us going very far with our current lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Before the game, David Ortiz took De La Rosa aside and told him not to worry about the feud with the Rays and pitch his game. #redsox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Before the game, David Ortiz took De La Rosa aside and told him not to worry about the feud with the Rays and pitch his game. #redsox

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly what he should've told.  The best revenge for the HBP is a 7-0 beating.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly what he should've told.  The best revenge for the HBP is a 7-0 beating.

[/QUOTE]

Sweeping the Rays is just what our team needs.  More often than not we seem to allow the Rays to stick around in a close race by losing crucial games to them. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Filthy late action on his fastball last night.  Zero walks, 8 K's through 7 innings, sub-100 pitch performance. 

Let's see if he can duplicate this…a lot to like about that start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Very impressive.

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Webster sports an ERA of just 2.93 this year at Pawtucket. He deserves a start as well. And Raynaudo is at 2.97. Its likely that one or more of these three will contribute quite a bit to the Sox team next year.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

A game like that does great things, Lights a fire under Buchholz and Doubront, and it gives the confidence he can do the job. One of the best Pitched games I've seen in a along time by a call-up. He actually PITCHED, and not threw the ball. Tom Seaver said Pitching is 90% above the shoulders.
    Great Job by P man Catching too. Called a great  ballgame.
    Love me some cup of coffees.
    Orioles under Weaver used to this all the time. Bring up a kid to see what they got.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Tampa's lineup doesn't threaten anyone, but de la Rosa did what he should have done.

I always liked him more than Webster, who I think has some stamina issues and probably has a career as a relief pitcher.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Teams need relievers, too...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tampa's lineup doesn't threaten anyone, but de la Rosa did what he should have done.

I always liked him more than Webster, who I think has some stamina issues and probably has a career as a relief pitcher.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Teams need relievers, too...

[/QUOTE]

With de la Rosa, Ranaudo, Barnes and Owens knocking on the door, maybe moving Webster to the pen sooner rather than later would be a good idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Rubby de la Rosa dazzled on Saturday as a 25-year-old pitcher making his 11th MLB start.

De la Rosa may have been outdone his weekend by a 25-year-old pitcher making his 12th MLB start. Compare the starts of de la Rosa and Seattle lefthander Roenis Elias:

RDLR 7 IP, 4 H, 5 TB, 0 BB, 8 K, 24 BF, 105 Pit

RE 9.0 IP, 3 H, 3 TB, 1 BB, 8 K, 31 BF, 111 Pit

The de la Rosa start came against the Tampa Bay Rays and the Elias start came Sunday against the Detroit Tigers.

I was in attendance for the Elias start in Seattle and what impressed me was that the southpaw went out to face Ian Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez in the ninth inning after throwing about 100 pitches through eight innings. Elias retired the formidable trio 1-2-3 in interesting fashion:

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2014/6/2/5771388/roenis-elias-is-making-it-up-as-he-goes" rel="nofollow">http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2014/6/2/5771388/roenis-elias-is-making-it-up-as-he-goes

At any rate, hats off to Rubby de la Rosa and Roenis Elias.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

RDLR's filthy new change-up was a revelation.  Sox staff have done a nice job with this kid in the last year.      

Sections
Shortcuts