Great NCAA Games Tonight ON TV

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Great NCAA Games Tonight ON TV

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Maybe because Duke choked in the ACC tournament March 15 to Maryland with the vaunted Kelly in the lineup.

Duke doesn't choke in the ACC tournament, as they hold the record for the most wins over a 10 year period.

Maryland matches up well with Duke and they know each other well by virtue of playing each other so many times in the last two years. Michigan State does not. The Big Ten has some good teams over the years, but it's a football league

agree, also why Carolina at times had such a tough time against Wake Forest..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Maybe because Duke choked in the ACC tournament March 15 to Maryland with the vaunted Kelly in the lineup.

Duke doesn't choke in the ACC tournament, as they hold the record for the most wins over a 10 year period.

Maryland matches up well with Duke and they know each other well by virtue of playing each other so many times in the last two years. Michigan State does not. The Big Ten has some good teams over the years, but it's a football league

I can think of quite a few pretty good big ten teams over the years getting to the final 4 but I'm guessing I've been following college basketball a hell of a lot longer than you have.

I'm 66 I've followed the game since i was a kid.

Seeing the favorites fall on their face to large underdogs many times.

Picking victors in the tournament in the NCAA tournament has a lot to do with luck. 

Watching local favorite Pat Riley's favored Kentucky getting mowed under by Texas Western in 1966 was a great example.

As a kid I saw Riley play for Linton High School against a team from NYC Power memorial with a potential great center named Lew Alcindor, Riley's team beat Power Memorial that night.

By noting Duke's record over the past 10 years and of course with different team personnel than the current roster you make my point. .

Also losing to Maryland playing at a neutral site to both favored Duke and Maryland in the 2013 ACC tournament.

Yes and a game and tournament that Duke was expected and picked to win by all the pundits. I'd guess you picked them to win that one too. Of course because they had the great Kelly.

For crying out loud by tournament time every team in the ACC tournament is familiar with the strengths or weaknesses of one another as they play in the same damn conference.

I don't know how that could be an advantage or disadvantage to any team! Could work either way.

Advantage in my mind absolutely goes to Duke with the superior personnel and bench not to mention Coach K. They choked plain and simple.

No team in the NCAA tournament is unbeatable.

Duke included!!!!

Look at the great teams expected to compete to the final 4 by the greatest minds following college basketball who are gone.

Go Louisville!!!!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

agree, also why Carolina at times had such a tough time against Wake Forest..

All due respect Jete, apples and oranges had little to do with team familiarity.

UNC had a problem all year with teams that were larger and more physical inside.

And why they are watching from home with the rest of us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Ha ha ha, Good by Plumlee, good by Kelly, good by Curry , good by Dook :-)

I have 2 teams left, Michigan and Saint Louis and the Cardinals picked to cut down the net.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The proverbial 'They' always say the tournament is all about guard play and this year that absolutely appears to be true.  Louisville and Michigan are probably the top 2 backcourts in the country.  Wichita St's PG has carried them and him outplaying Craft was the difference vs. Ohio st.  Syracuse has just suffocated people with that zone, not always exciting but very effective.  They are very long and athletic.

I think this is a really fun final four, even if I only have 1 of the 4 picked correctly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I've never had much passion for college sports.....for some reason I always loved the Nebraska football team....and my uni, UMass Amherst, was an elite lacrosse team...but other than that I just don't get it.  Transient rosters, sub-professional quality, etc.

I regret that I have rarely gone to MiLB games, but college sports has never excited me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

To me Duke is like the Yankees. I always root against them.

Same here,  though I hate  the Lakers far more than the Yankees.  Or Duke, for that matter.

Michigan-Kansas is the game of  the tournament so far.

Agree Lloyd, the Lakers have replaced the Yanks as the most hated. They are 1-A and the Yanks are 1-B.

Sections
Shortcuts