Great Opening Day story....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Great Opening Day story....

Jon Lester was walking from his car to the clubhouse. Jon went over to give an autograph to an 8 year old boy, asked him if he was going to the game. Said no, he didnt have tickets but came with his dad  to support the team and watch the players walk into Fenway. Lester said I think I can get you tickets. He and his Dad will be sitting in the owners seats next to the sox dugout. 

EDIT: It was John Henry, apparently he gives the 4 seats to a fan every home opener. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Great Opening Day story....

In Response to Great Opening Day story....:
    Jon Lester was walking from his car to the clubhouse. Jon went over to give an autograph to an 8 year old boy, asked him if he was going to the game. Said no, he didnt have tickets but came with his dad  to support the team and watch the players walk into Fenway. Lester said I think I can get you tickets. He and his Dad will be sitting in the owners seats next to the sox dugout. 
    Posted by J-BAY

I THINK that was John HENRY that did that J Bay 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Jon is cut from a different cloth than most major leaguers.  Thanks for this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Great Opening Day story....:
    In Response to Great Opening Day story.... : I THINK that was John HENRY that did that J Bay 
    Posted by upperco1

Tom Werner was on the pre game, he said Jon Lester, maybe made a mistake, but said the kid was standing where the players park and was watching them walk in. Does he park there?? I'm guessing not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Great Opening Day story.... : Tom Werner was on the pre game, he said jon lester, maybe made a mistake, but said the kid was standing where the players park and was watching them walk in. does john henry park there??  
    Posted by J-BAY

You may be right but I thought he was referring to Henry. And I'm still on the coffee!  hahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It was John Henry. He was walking around meeting fans like he's been doing every opening day.

Not saying Lester wouldn't do something like that, but it was Henry, not Lester. Think about it. How would Lester have tickets to the owners box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If it was Henry, would make more sense, since it's the owners seats. Regardless, good for the kid and his dad. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It was John Henry. He was walking around meeting fans like he's been doing every opening day. Not saying Lester wouldn't do something like that, but it was Henry, not Lester. Think about it. How would Lester have tickets to the owners box.
    Posted by royf19

ya I just posted the same Roy. thought the same as Warner was telling the story. I'm still on the cofee too.  Nice P/R move. 

Bad opening day story.....interviewed BV, said he was carrying 13 pitchers until becketts second start to see how he pitched, which tells me they know the thumb may be an issue. not good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

If it was Henry, would make more sense, since it's the owners seats. Regardless, good for the kid and his dad. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!
    Posted by J-BAY

That kid will be talking about it when he's 85. Amazing that Henry had 4 of HIS seats available just prior to an opening game. Hmmm  .. wonder who got the boot?  haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Great Opening Day story.... : That kid will be talking about it when he's 85. Amazing that Henry had 4 of HIS seats available just prior to an opening game. Hmmm  .. wonder who got the boot?  haha
    Posted by upperco1

ownerships may be afraid to sit among the masses!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Whether it was Henry or Lester, it's a very cool story. Thanks for sharing it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Great Opening Day story.... : ya I just posted the same Roy. thought the same as Warner was telling the story. I'm still on the cofee too.  Nice P/R move.  Bad opening day story.....interviewed BV, said he was carrying 13 pitchers until becketts second start to see how he pitched, which tells me they know the thumb may be an issue. not good
    Posted by J-BAY

Excellent opening day story (Henry's tickets, not Beckett's thumb). 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Great Opening Day story.... yeah but did he get a free 100th Anniversary Fenway Book
    Posted by pinstripezac

That's next week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

Totally manufactured PR stunt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

Great Opening Day story.... yeah but did he get a free 100th Anniversary Fenway Book
    Posted by pinstripezac

Don't you mean "brick"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

Julie Bay is deleting his posts again. 

What is she afraid of?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Of course those seats are available. JH would never miss a game...in Liverpool.

Which I understand is lovely this time of year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts