Great Regular Season Red Sox!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Great Regular Season Red Sox!

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Archaic. extraordinary; superior.    

Obviously you are using the urban legend dictionary, not Websters. "Great" is not "excellent", and it's the most overused descriptive word in the English language because a lot of idiots went to public school and don't have a vocabulary beyond "like" and "like" and "the bomb" and "hater" etc.

Personally, I learned the correct usage of the word 'great' from Tony the Tiger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Archaic. extraordinary; superior.    

Obviously you are using the urban legend dictionary, not Websters. "Great" is not "excellent", and it's the most overused descriptive word in the English language because a lot of idiots went to public school and don't have a vocabulary beyond "like" and "like" and "the bomb" and "hater" etc.

Personally, I learned the correct usage of the word 'great' from Tony the Tiger.

I guess they only teach "median average" in private schools.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I can say this, I enjoyed this season greatly!  This will be a fun season to play on Strat next year.  And now I will enjoy the playoffs, starting with tonight's non-playoff game.  I will enjoy the playoffs even more if the Sox win it all, but I will still enjoy them and am glad the Sox are involved this year. 

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In the context of expectations, this season was certainly great, excellent, superb, and enjoyable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Excelsior! 

-Daf. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In the context of expectations, this season was certainly great, excellent, superb, and enjoyable.

Why the qualifier Moon?  In what context was it not an excellent and enjoyable season?  97 wins, a runaway division title, best record in the AL.  Biggest run differential in the league.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Ecellent" has now turned into "very good".

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wrong yet again. It was Merriam-Webster online.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And "excellent"  from Mr. Burns.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

And "excellent"  from Mr. Burns.

Perfect. Laughing 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Winning the All-Star game is going to have an impact this year in WS, if Sox get in it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I love discussing dictionaries instead of baseball.

What's the defintion of "is"?

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wrong again, that's not Websters, that's the editied on-line urban legend edition of "Websters". "Online", indeed.

I didn't say it was Webster's (not Websters). As for "on-line urban legend edition" ... what?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Sections
Shortcuts