Great Throw but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

Great Throw but...

Sorry he was safe. Great throw, good block, better slide. If I were a Blue Jay fan I'd be steaming mad. Replay will be added in the next CBA mark my words.

It seemed a bit over cautious taking Lester out for a minor injury and then shooting you whole 'pen in the foot for the next few days. COMA! (Lol jk)

Didn't like the sound of what they said about Bucholtz. Its an 8 of ten pain wise when he tries to throw. Ouch. Seems like its last year all over again with the injuries. Same time of year too.

What is up with Remy's voice at the end talking about the last play? Not bashing I love Remy, just saying. It was sort of funny how NESN tried to gloss over the fact that he was obviously safe at the plate other than Remy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Great Throw but...

In Response to Great Throw but...:
    [QUOTE]Sorry he was safe. Great throw, good block, better slide. If I were a Blue Jay fan I'd be steaming mad. Replay will be added in the next CBA mark my words. It seemed a bit over cautious taking Lester out for a minor injury and then shooting you whole 'pen in the foot for the next few days. COMA! (Lol jk) Didn't like the sound of what they said about Bucholtz. Its an 8 of ten pain wise when he tries to throw. Ouch. Seems like its last year all over again with the injuries. Same time of year too. What is up with Remy's voice at the end talking about the last play? Not bashing I love Remy, just saying. It was sort of funny how NESN tried to gloss over the fact that he was obviously safe at the plate other than Remy.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

He was safe but these things happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I don't know about obviously, because it looked to me his foot went over but didn't touch the plate. If I remember correctly, Encarnacion didn't argue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

Definitely Out.  His foot never touched the bag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

He was safe but Patterson was also struck out to lead off the inning. Things play out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Jose Batista is amazing.  Smart move by Toronto to sign him to an extension.

Their GM also dumped Rios and Wells' large contracts. 

Toronto's GM should teach Theo how to dump Lackey's contract. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

I've watched the replay about twenty times and I still can't say for sure whether he was safe or out. Great defense, by both Tek and DMac, was rewarded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

I agree...it wasn't conclusive that EE touched the plate...and the umpire was in position to see it best so my guess would be he was out....and Encarcion didn't argue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He was safe. Tek blocked the right foot but the left foot clearly had the heart of the plate before the tag was applied. The ump was focused on Tek blocking the left foot, which never got the plate.

The season is a maze of calls: Some for us and some against. We've had our share of both. This one went our way. Paps was damn lucky tonight.

Glad Theo kept Mac around...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

that was a fat 0-2 pitch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

A batter was walked that should have been out on a third strike. Questionable Bautista gets a homerun. The play at the plate was pure Karma as far as I'm concerned. Great throw by DMac, great block by Varitek and, more importantly, great moment for this team who I remember in the beginning struggling with team chemistry. I'm almost happy that it came down to that moment instead of the Sox just winning it 3-0. Moments like that bring a team together, and they, obviously, enjoyed it -- and so did the rest of us. 

And awesome game overall considering Lester left in the 5th. That also shows the team they can overcome unforseen obstacles.  I loved it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Encarnacion was safe, obviously. But it wasn't a good slide; he accidentally held his leg out while he wrapped himself around ol' Varitek. Expect Varitek to be placed on the DL and retirement list immediately, as it is difficult for him to sustain such a hit at his age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry he was safe. Great throw, good block, better slide. If I were a Blue Jay fan I'd be steaming mad. Replay will be added in the next CBA mark my words. It seemed a bit over cautious taking Lester out for a minor injury and then shooting you whole 'pen in the foot for the next few days. COMA! (Lol jk) Didn't like the sound of what they said about Bucholtz. Its an 8 of ten pain wise when he tries to throw. Ouch. Seems like its last year all over again with the injuries. Same time of year too. What is up with Remy's voice at the end talking about the last play? Not bashing I love Remy, just saying. It was sort of funny how NESN tried to gloss over the fact that he was obviously safe at the plate other than Remy.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

Yea he was safe however, paterson was given an extra pitch (Obvious missed third strike call because of the stupid old, throw the pitch high out of the strike zone play had tek out of position to get call) for the hit so that still wouldn't have been the tying run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but...:
    [QUOTE]He was safe. Tek blocked the right foot but the left foot clearly had the heart of the plate before the tag was applied. The ump was focused on Tek blocking the left foot, which never got the plate. The season is a maze of calls: Some for us and some against. We've had our share of both. This one went our way. Paps was damn lucky tonight. Glad Theo kept Mac around...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Keeping Mcdonald, and his .175 BA, around made this a close game... Please let the guy hitting .400 play until he stops hitting instead of playing the guys who are never hitting and hope they start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Encarnacion was safe, obviously. But it wasn't a good slide; he accidentally held his leg out while he wrapped himself around ol' Varitek. Expect Varitek to be placed on the DL and retirement list immediately, as it is difficult for him to sustain such a hit at his age.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

I thought he was safe too, but Im glad it went our way...Too bad your ego is too big to actually compliment Tek for tonight, belting 2 hr the other night, and really for being a great BU catcher and a real asset to the team...Your pinstripes show through more and more each day..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Southpaw... 

that isn't a golfball as his avatar .... it's his senior picture.  He wasn't a "pizzaface"   but a "dimpleface"

I am so mean

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

Nice effort by Jason but we got a gift last night.  I watched the game and he was definately safe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Southpaw...     that isn't a golfball as his avatar .... it's his senior picture.  He wasn't a "pizzaface"   but a "dimpleface"   I am so mean
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Ya big meanie!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Umpires are biased against the runner when the throw gets there first and the catcher blocks the plate.  Like most, I think he was safe, but don't think that was an easy call. 

Plus, of course, that first batter should have been a K. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He looked safe to me too.
    The umpires giveth,the umpires taketh away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

All I can say is, good thing we had a 3 run lead.
    As far as the throw, it was from deep third base but Dmac did do a great job charging it and got rid of it quickly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

The runner may or may not have been safe. My first instinct was that his right foot slid just across the plate and he probably was safe.

That said, Patterson was out on a called third strike that wasn't called, and then he singled to start the rally.

That's called "balancing things out."

Sox win either way.

My bigger concern is that another mediocre lefty completely shut down their "vaunted" offense.

If Theo doesn't add a RH bat for the outfield by the end of this month, that would be a very, very big mistake IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]A batter was walked that should have been out on a third strike. Questionable Bautista gets a homerun. The play at the plate was pure Karma as far as I'm concerned. Great throw by DMac, great block by Varitek and, more importantly, great moment for this team who I remember in the beginning struggling with team chemistry. I'm almost happy that it came down to that moment instead of the Sox just winning it 3-0. Moments like that bring a team together, and they, obviously, enjoyed it -- and so did the rest of us.  And awesome game overall considering Lester left in the 5th. That also shows the team they can overcome unforseen obstacles.  I loved it!

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Nice to see you actually try to talk some baseball for once, pike.

So every player who is successful who doesn't play for the sawx are questionable? Did you question when yaz all of a sudden hit 44 hr's?

Probably not since you didn't follow baseball before 2004.

And wasn't it you who had all this "proof" of umpire conspiracy with the Yanks?

I guess the red flops are now paying off the umps too since he was clearly safe at home last night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Nice to see you actually try to talk some baseball for once, pike. So every player who is successful who doesn't play for the sawx are questionable? Did you question when yaz all of a sudden hit 44 hr's? Probably not since you didn't follow baseball before 2004. And wasn't it you who had all this "proof" of umpire conspiracy with the Yanks? I guess the red flops are now paying off the umps too since he was clearly safe at home last night.
    Posted by The---Babe---[/QUOTE]

ummm babe! Kim isn't pike! Kim is a chick! Pike is a guy.....and if he was clearly safe at home then why didn't the runner or farrell come out to argue eh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : ummm babe! Kim isn't pike! Kim is a chick! Pike is a guy.....and if he was clearly safe at home then why didn't the runner or farrell come out to argue eh?

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hey hammah, hope you had a nice 4th.

You can believe what you want but kim is not female and he is pike.

Maybe farrell realizes that arguing with umpires is fruitless. When was the last time you actually saw a ruling get overturned after a manager or player argues the call?

Sections
Shortcuts