Great Throw but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Great Throw but...

In Response to Re: Great Throw but...:
    [QUOTE] Questionable Bautista gets a homerun. !
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Every team has "questionable" players. Even we do as you well know. It's not even worth bringing that up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How does Babe manage to closely watch the Red Sox game when he is also watching the Yankees and also posting on this forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]How does Babe manage to closely watch the Red Sox game when he is also watching the Yankees and also posting on this forum?

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

How do you manage to come to a baseball forum and never talk baseball?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : ummm babe! Kim isn't pike! Kim is a chick! Pike is a guy.....and if he was clearly safe at home then why didn't the runner or farrell come out to argue eh?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

What's up, Hammah?

Farrel was blocked so he didn't get a good look until he saw the replay. It was a bang-bang play. Them's the breaks...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]How does Babe manage to closely watch the Red Sox game when he is also watching the Yankees and also posting on this forum?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]
    Babe spends more time staring at his monitor, completely obsessed w/ Boston Dirt Dogs, RSN & this forum.  He lives for analyzing Sox player stats & sifting through his "archives" of what other fans post on here. 

It's actually quite comical...I could never see myself spending 24/7 on a Yankee board but then again I have a job, wife, hobbies, etc.  If only Babe got paid for  his posts.  Money mouth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

The same guy that missed a strike call to Patterson  called out Encarnacion at the plate. You think he made 2 mistakes in the same half inning?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hi Nizzy! doing ok my friend. yeah it was a bang bang play and I was pretty happy with the outcome. I'll take the W thank you very much.

Hi Babe, I had a great 4th man. I got to man one of the grills at my VFW and cooked johnsonville brats until they were coming outta my ears...lol...I had kids coming back for 2nds,3rds and forths for dogs,burgers and sausages. the food was great and the beer was ice cold....lol....how's things down in sunny fort liquordale or is it daytona where you hang your hat??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

watching the play agin now.  The TV replays, from any angle, were inconclusive.  Yes, his right foot/leg caught "the heart of the plate', but it is really unclear whether it "broke the plane" and never actually touched the plate or whether it did touch the plate.  Hardly a blown call.  The ump had a bmuch better view than any of teh Tv cameras we saw.

Good throw by DMac.  Great block by Tek.  Period.  ballgame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its not like we were the Yankees vs. the Twins in the 2009 play-offs (Game 2).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Casey Anthony's jury would have called him safe, and we'd all be arguing about it now. Great throw though and better block by JV, who sold it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Hi Nizzy! doing ok my friend. yeah it was a bang bang play and I was pretty happy with the outcome. I'll take the W thank you very much. Hi Babe, I had a great 4th man. I got to man one of the grills at my VFW and cooked johnsonville brats until they were coming outta my ears...lol...I had kids coming back for 2nds,3rds and forths for dogs,burgers and sausages. the food was great and the beer was ice cold....lol....how's things down in sunny fort liquordale or is it daytona where you hang your hat??

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Glad you had a good time.

I sat at a bar on the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea and watched the fireworks display off the pier. Lots of good friends and ice cold beer, not a bad day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Its not like we were the Yankees vs. the Twins in the 2009 play-offs (Game 2).
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Its not like the Yanks wouldn't have won that series and the WS anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Keeping Mcdonald, and his .175 BA, around made this a close game... Please let the guy hitting .400 play until he stops hitting instead of playing the guys who are never hitting and hope they start.
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

McDonald had one of our seven hits last night, made two or three nice nice catches in left, and had the game-saving play last night.

I feel Reddick should be out there every day, too. But your timing on this comment is odd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

When I first watched it, it seemed like his foot didn't 'touch' the plate.  Although he clearly kicked across the plane before the tag was applied.

No arguing the call, so that's all ok by me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]When I first watched it, it seemed like his foot didn't 'touch' the plate.  Although he clearly kicked across the plane before the tag was applied. No arguing the call, so that's all ok by me.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Exactly Chuch.  If it was football, it was a touchdown.  but, its baseball, so he's OUTTA THERE!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Great Throw but...:
    [QUOTE]Sorry he was safe. Great throw, good block, better slide. If I were a Blue Jay fan I'd be steaming mad. Replay will be added in the next CBA mark my words. It seemed a bit over cautious taking Lester out for a minor injury and then shooting you whole 'pen in the foot for the next few days. COMA! (Lol jk) Didn't like the sound of what they said about Bucholtz. Its an 8 of ten pain wise when he tries to throw. Ouch. Seems like its last year all over again with the injuries. Same time of year too. What is up with Remy's voice at the end talking about the last play? Not bashing I love Remy, just saying. It was sort of funny how NESN tried to gloss over the fact that he was obviously safe at the plate other than Remy.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

Very, very close. After looking at the replay, it appeared to me his foot never touched the plate (The other foot was on the ground, about 2 inches short of the plate); it was suspended (briefly) in mid-air a few inches above it when Varitek applied the tag; good block and tag by him too; this is the kind of play demonstrative of a Captain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : I have a job and hobbies...no wife though, prefer the single life. Unfortunately for you your boss sometimes walks past your cubicle to see if you are posting here again. Remember how much trouble you got in last time you were caught?
    Posted by The---Babe---[/QUOTE]

I wonder why.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : I wonder why.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You have no clue there....ever been to Ft Lauderdale?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : You have no clue there....ever been to Ft Lauderdale?

Yes. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : I wonder why.
    Wow, he really lobbed that one at the net, didn't he?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : LOL...maybe cause I really don't care what the LIAR steven thinks.

Spoken like only a delusional middle-aged-man-child can.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Spoken like only a delusional middle-aged-man-child can.

What's delusional? That you are a liar? You stated you weren't going to post here anymore and continue to post. That makes you a liar, just like your buddy jersey erica.

The both of you are drama queens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : What's delusional? That you are a liar? You stated you weren't going to post here anymore and continue to post. That makes you a liar, just like your buddy jersey erica. The both of you are drama queens.

oh, how heart warming.  good to know you have made such good friends with your yankee brethren here in enemy territory.  A veritable band of brothers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : What's delusional? That you are a liar? You stated you weren't going to post here anymore and continue to post. That makes you a liar, just like your buddy jersey erica. The both of you are drama queens.

That is not being a liar, it's not sticking to what you intended to do; a subtle difference, and you were right for pointing that out 2 months ago. When I meant delusional I meant:

1) Your job (from what I can see)
    2) My fandom, which for some reason, you're preoccupied with. Knock yourself out.
    3) Why you're single. (Again, from what I can see, and I'm not surprised)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

A strained lat isn't such a minor injury. Lester will probably only miss a start or two, but he will probably go to the DL just to be safe. I don't think he's been on the DL since his fight with cancer, so you can't say he is soft. The bigger worry is Buchholz.
     On a side note, I'm going to a Sox game tomorrow against the Orioles, and Miller is pitching.