Great Throw but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

Re: Great Throw but...

In Response to Re: Great Throw but...:
    In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : That is not being a liar, it's not sticking to what you intended to do; a subtle difference, and you were right for pointing that out 2 months ago. When I meant delusional I meant: 1) Your job (from what I can see) 2) My fandom, which for some reason, you're preoccupied with. Knock yourself out. 3) Why you're single. (Again, from what I can see, and I'm not surprised)

Posted by nhsteven

No, if you say one thing and do the opposite, it makes you a liar.

What can you see about my job? Absolutely nothing. I made more money before I woke up today then you probably do in a month.

Your fandom? Pretty simple, you are a closet sawx fan.

No suprise to being single? That's because I enjoy being single.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : oh, how heart warming.  good to know you have made such good friends with your yankee brethren here in enemy territory.  A veritable band of brothers.

Posted by SpacemanEephus

LOL....why would I make friends with two liars, one of which is a closet sawx fan?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : LOL....why would I make fans with two liars, one of which is a closet sawx fan?
    Posted by The---Babe---

Come on man.  Say Red Flops.  You know how hilarious that is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I thought he was safe upon seeing the third replay on the 3rd base side. However on MLB network later they had a different camera angle from the first base side and it showed his foot did not touch the plate. BTW that is the same side that the umpire was on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's funny.

On TV, they were arguing that the play was an example of why they need replay, because the umpires got it wrong.

To me, it's an example why there shouldn't be replay. It was a bang-bang play, and even if the ump got it wrong, it's hardly a play where the umpire should be taken to task for missing the call. Depending upon the angle of the replay, he looks both safe and out.

At full speed, he looks out. On one replay, he looks safe, anther inconclusive and yet another he looks out. So I'm not sure, so I think this shows that replay isn't some great cure-all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : No, if you say one thing and do the opposite, it makes you a liar. What can you see about my job? Absolutely nothing. I made more money before I woke up today then you probably do in a month. Your fandom? Pretty simple, you are a closet sawx fan. No suprise to being single? That's because I enjoy being single.
    Posted by The---Babe---

Now maybe you're lying; unless you're just parasiting off your elders, LOL.

As far as your "loose" interpretation of what lying is; to each his own; if only you would keep it to yourself. Nobody really wants you here, so you're just entertaining yourself; something you're apparently good at. Where's the vaseline?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Now maybe you're lying; unless your're parasiting off your elders, LOL. As far as your "loose" interpretation of what lying; to each his own; if only you would keep it to yourself. Nobody really wants you here, so you're just entertaining yourself; something you're apparently good at. Where's the vaseline?

Posted by nhsteven

Probably on the nightstand on your boyfriend's side of the bed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Probably on the nightstand on your boyfriend's side of the bed.
    Posted by The---Babe---

Don't tell my wife. You're a piece of work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Don't tell my wife. You're a piece of work.

Posted by nhsteven

I'll be sure to keep it a secret the next time I see her.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : I'll be sure to keep it a secret the next time I see her.
    Posted by The---Babe---

She told me to tell you to stop hitting on her; she thinks you're disgusting.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

i agree, he was safe.. i also think the block the plate play has to go.. very dangerous.. how about Buster Poisey?? Not sure of the spelling there... not really sure why the MLB thinks its ok to block a player from running down the base path into home?? Back to my point, he was safe.. gift for the sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He was safe.  If the ump was watching the tag, then he wouldn't have been able to see foot crossing the plate.  And if he had been watching the trailing foot, he wouldn't have been able to see the tag.

Tough call.  I had to advance the replay frame by frame.  In regular speed, by the time I saw the tag and looked for the foot, the foot was no longer touching the plate.  Real tough call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i agree, he was safe.. i also think the block the plate play has to go.. very dangerous.. how about Buster Poisey?? Not sure of the spelling there... not really sure why the MLB thinks its ok to block a player from running down the base path into home?? Back to my point, he was safe.. gift for the sox.
    Posted by soxman16

nope. watch it again soxman.  not cut and dry by any means.  His leg did indeed cross home plate, but it looks like it didn't touch.  hard to say, but certainly not a "gift".

As to the Poser situation, yeah, that was ugly. But that was a confluence of two bad actions: 1. poseys block of homeplate was weak, he just stuck his leg out over the plate, and if you do that you are begging for a serious injury and, b. the runner came up over-zealous and a bit dirty.

But, and I love Posey (a fellow Seminole and a hero of the hometown of most of my family), Posey's block of the plate was terrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : nope. watch it again soxman.  not cut and dry by any means.  His leg did indeed cross home plate, but it looks like it didn't touch.  hard to say, but certainly not a "gift". As to the Poser situation, yeah, that was ugly. But that was a confluence of two bad actions: 1. poseys block of homeplate was weak, he just stuck his leg out over the plate, and if you do that you are begging for a serious injury and, b. the runner came up over-zealous and a bit dirty. But, and I love Posey (a fellow Seminole and a hero of the hometown of most of my family), Posey's block of the plate was terrible.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Freeze frame it, Space. Then continue the process. The cleat scraped the plate and dug up the dirt/dust directly at the plate. No way that can happen if it air-bagging the plate. Impossible. The runner slid into the tag after the cleat scraped home plate.

I do agree with Roy in that it's human error. The fact the plate was blocked initially got  precedence. But in a WS game, I do think the replay should be the decisive.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The front leg was blocked Sherlock. The back one got in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Great Throw but... : Freeze frame it, Space. Then continue the process. The cleat scraped the plate and dug up the dirt/dust directly at the plate. No way that can happen if it air-bagging the plate. Impossible. The runner slid into the tag after the cleat scraped home plate. I do agree with Roy in that it's human error. The fact the plate was blocked initially got  precedence. But in a WS game, I do think the replay should be the decisive.
    Posted by harness

I like the NFL rule; (give the coach 2 flags); except make it maybe 1; this would not slow up the game that much; heck they're already slow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'd hate to be on the other end of that play in the 7th game of a WS.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

There is no front brain lobe. Just empty space betwween UR ears and hot air above your gums.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Had to do this again ....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I wish I could take these back to my 4th grade rank-out sessions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They'd likely demote you back to 3rd grade. Softy could use the company.

Sections
Shortcuts