Great time to be a Sox fan...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Great time to be a Sox fan...

We are going to have a new manager--hopefully Pena or Martinez. We will have a new GM--perhaps Billy Beane or Ben Cherrington.
    We won't have Tek, Drew,Wake hopefully Papi, maybe Lackey, maybe Beckett, possibly Crawford and a long shot---no Pap. So perhaps 7-10 new faces.
    Names I wouldn't mind seeing:
    Cuddyer, Kubel, Joe Nathan coming as FA's from the Twins; these guys have good Twin history. Kubel as a lefthanded DH will Youk the RH. Cuddyer as a corner OF, 3B or 1B.
    Maybe Garza and Zambrano from the Cubs.
    Fielder or Pujols outside shots.
    Some other relievers---both old and new---Rich Hill will make a huge difference in the pen as will Jenks.

The new Sox--the old days behind them and possible WS contenders again this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Great time to be a Sox fan...

No doubt MadMc (though I balk at a few of your trimmings).  This is an opportunity.  A new dawn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Jenks will make a huge difference eating pizza and potato salad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I do like former Twins players--Papi was a big favorite until the last week. Yankee threat reports spoiled past admiration.

I do like a pen of Aceves, Nathan, Jenks, Bard, Hill, and ...,...

Starters: Lester, Buchholz,Buerhle,Zambrano and Doubrount

Infield: Middlebrooks, Scutaro, Pedroia and AGon.
    Outfield: Cuddyer, Ells and Crawford or....
    Catchers: Y. Molina and Lavarnway/Salty
    Reserves: Aviles, Lowrie, Kalish.
    DH Youk and Kubel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

"Great time to be a Sox fan" might be stretching it a little, but I think it may well turn out that a changing of the guard and a fresh start, and the opportunities that come with that, were exactly what this team needed. As much as I respect Tito and Theo for past achievements...maybe it was just time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

My take on this is that if the Sox are going to relieve themselves of the likes O Beckett, Papi, lackey, possibly Youk or Pap, then why not just cut payroll down to the nub, and rebuild this team from within.
    2011 WAS the bridge year and unfortunaely it collapsed (guess it needed some of that infrastructure stimulus that Obama has been touting).
    I really can't see the Sox recovering from this debacle for years to come. You can't keep adding oil to an engine with burnt rings and expect peak performance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Great time to be a Sox fan...:
    [QUOTE]I do like former Twins players--Papi was a big favorite until the last week. Yankee threat reports spoiled past admiration. I do like a pen of Aceves, Nathan, Jenks, Bard, Hill, and ...,... Starters: Lester, Buchholz,Buerhle,Zambrano and Doubrount Infield: Middlebrooks, Scutaro, Pedroia and AGon. Outfield: Cuddyer, Ells and Crawford or.... Catchers: Y. Molina and Lavarnway/Salty Reserves: Aviles, Lowrie, Kalish. DH Youk and Kubel
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Funny stuff. You like a bullpen that contains Jenks. Because?
    Rotation including Zambrano and Doubrount. Wow.
    And a bench including Lowrie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

How soon before the complaining begins next summer?  I give it a week.  No later than that, someone here will complain that the new manager is a moron who does not know how to manage pitchers.  He'll get a nickname like Sit and Spit or Coma.  Someone else will write in and say the real fault is with the general manager who made some offseason moves that make Theo Epstein look like Red Auerbach.  A week, maybe two since there will be a honeymoon period. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Depends on who else is available. We have Jenks signed through next year.
    ZamBran and Doubrount would not be any worse than Dice and Wake. Lowrie is a pretty good utility player-major league capable.

There will be plenty of other players looking for employment as spring training nears.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

It's always a great time to be a Red Sox fan!  I have been a Sox fan for a long time and weathered many storms, I can ride this one out too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]It's always a great time to be a Red Sox fan!  I have been a Sox fan for a long time and weathered many storms, I can ride this one out too!
    Posted by murphylo[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm talking about Murph.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]It's always a great time to be a Red Sox fan!  I have been a Sox fan for a long time and weathered many storms, I can ride this one out too!
    Posted by murphylo[/QUOTE]44 years and counting. They'll bury me in my Sox hat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]My take on this is that if the Sox are going to relieve themselves of the likes O Beckett, Papi, lackey, possibly Youk or Pap, then why not just cut payroll down to the nub, and rebuild this team from within. 2011 WAS the bridge year and unfortunaely it collapsed (guess it needed some of that infrastructure stimulus that Obama has been touting). I really can't see the Sox recovering from this debacle for years to come. You can't keep adding oil to an engine with burnt rings and expect peak performance.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

The only problem with you Alibiike is that you felt that the car was on its last legs all summer long - from May-Aug. and you were the most pessimist of anyone on the forum. You were never content or happy - not even for a minute. We all know that.

Sections
Shortcuts