I Love Mike Carp. Nevermind everything I say

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Great Time to Sell Carp!

In response to softlaw2's comment:

On May 1, 2013, I'm putting this bum on the market.

S. Drew's up to the high 200's on OBP, and has his 1st HR. I hope he gets red hot for a few weeks, as that would be the prefect time to try and get another team to pay the rest of his 10M contract.

Doubling down, Softy?  Trying to salvage something out of your pathetic record of prognostication?  You're like a speck of scum that has already swirled down the drain.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're down

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Small sample sizes "don't count", but Carp's tiny sample size success supposedly upped his trade stock?

softy is twisting around so much in his failures, the absurdities are becomming comical.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It's great to have a guy like Carp on the bench, who can field, play 1B and LF, and so far has been hitting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Who cares if he's hitting way over his head?

He is filling a need in a great way. It's shocking that any true fan can't just be happy with that, instead of digging his hole deeper and deeper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm confused.

Softy's been saying all year that Carp is crap, so how can the Sox sell him? Who would want such a lousy player?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I'm confused.

Softy's been saying all year that Carp is crap, so how can the Sox sell him? Who would want such a lousy player?

He does this all the time.

He blasted Jed as a "butcher with no pop" for years, then got upset that all we got for him was Melancon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Softy Law you need to look in the mirror when you call someone a BUM. 

You would not recognize talent if you were in the presence of 10 Hall of Famers.

There may come a time when BenC makes a trade--nothing you say will ever influence BenC to do anything.

Sweet Dreams Softy Law.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He is filling a need in a great way. It's shocking that any true fan can't just be happy with that, instead of digging his hole deeper and deeper.

He's not a fan.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew's up to the high 200's on OBP, and has his 1st HR. I hope he gets red hot for a few weeks, as that would be the prefect time to try and get another team to pay the rest of his 10M contract.

It's not your money.  Drew is superior to Iggy offensively and he is an above average SS.  He isn't going anywhere as long as Sox are winning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I'm deeply concerned about the total payroll for the New England Revolution.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why change something when its not broke.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

His swing is taylor made for Fenway. You might be right, but at this point, I cant see it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I agree. When the 25th guy on your roster is hitting 480 he has to go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Small sample sizes "don't count", but Carp's tiny sample size success supposedly upped his trade stock?

softy is twisting around so much in his failures, the absurdities are becomming comical.

Small sample sizes only count when they can be used to make Softy's punching bags and whipping boys on the team look bad.

The same people who wanted to crucify S. Drew after his first couple of games are now acting like it's meaningless that he's hitting about .300/.950 for the last week-plus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Exactly. Through one month, I can't remember the Red Sox every having someone on the bench like Mike Carp.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What good would that do, since we can't trade him until mid June?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I liked the Carp pickup from the start; he's young, has offensive potential, and cost nothing. I wish we could acquire more dumpster bums like that. The first week or two of the season it looked like he was going to be glued to the bench, but he's gotten some opportunities lately and he's run with them. His sample size is small, yes, but larger now than the 20 at-bats of Iggy's that everyone slobbered over last month. 

I hope he continues to get semi-regular playing time, because I'd like to see what he does with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I liked the Carp pickup from the start; he's young, has offensive potential, and cost nothing. I wish we could acquire more dumpster bums like that. The first week or two of the season it looked like he was going to be glued to the bench, but he's gotten some opportunities lately and he's run with them. His sample size is small, yes, but larger now than the 20 at-bats of Iggy's that everyone slobbered over last month. 

I hope he continues to get semi-regular playing time, because I'd like to see what he does with it.

Small sample sizes can only be counted if they support softy's twisted positions.

Sections
Shortcuts