Great Win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Great Win!

Not only did it stop the slide, but it restored confindence in both Lester and Aceves.
    BV made the right decision to leave Jon in the game. He looked like the Lester of old those last 3 innings and you could see the exuberence in his face when he got the last out in the 7th.

And how about Ross? He could be the HR leader this year depending on PAs.
    Even Byrd looks like he's pumped to be playing for the Sox. Hopefully 23 will be a lucky number for him.

For the record. the CF camera at Target Field sucks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Re: Great Win!

Decisive win against a tough opponent, I love it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Great Win!:
    [QUOTE]Not only did it stop the slide, but it restored confindence in both Lester and Aceves. BV made the right decision to leave Jon in the game. He looked like the Lester of old those last 3 innings and you could see the exuberence in his face when he got the last out in the 7th. And how about Ross? He could be the HR leader this year depending on PAs. Even Byrd looks like he's pumped to be playing for the Sox. Hopefully 23 will be a lucky number for him. For the record. the CF camera at Target Field sucks!
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  I doubted the decision, but I was wrong.  I doubt I'm the only one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Sweeney keeps hitting like machine even after CC returns, Byrd is the only one who has to platoon with CC at CF.  You can't take out Ross and Sweeney right now..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

A win!      ;-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Ross, Salty, Ace and Bard...thank you...keep up the great work...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Sorry - but not a great win.  Another game where the pitching staff gave up too many runs and was bailed out by heroic efforts by the offense.

At this point, a terrific win would involve using at least 3 pitchers and giving up fewer than 4 runs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Great pitching in the AL is 3 runs or less. Needless to say, when you play in the AL East and in Fenway, that can't happen a lot. Offensive consistency is the construction the Red Sox must have. The pitching was adequate, contrary to popular belief, and the offense did it's job.

When the offense puts runs up early and scores 4 or more runs, they are 5-1. When the offense scores 3 runs or less, they are 0-8
    When the Red Sox pitch great, 3 runs or less, they are 1-3

Powerful offense changes games pressure and frequently breaks the back of even the best pitchers. It takes pressure off the pitching staff and provides energy for defense, running the bases and patience at the plate.

Only fools keep repeating "it's the pitching". This isn't the NL.

Sections
Shortcuts