Greinke to Angels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Greinke to Angels

Ben Cherington in coma.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Greinke to Angels

good news, young ben is only napping...shhh, he needs his rest after playing with his Lillibridge trade doll all month long...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Angels are far from "unloading." and the Dodgers also want to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Yes, Greinke is exactly what the Red Sox needed.

Ship out some prospects for a 2 month rental when they're 10 games out of 1st place, that would make a lot of sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

or you could take dice k's money and papi's money and sign him long term????  why not try him out - its not like we dont need good pitchers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Isn't it weird that the same people who insist we need to be sellers are also upset we're not buying?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

notin, i think we should do whatever makes the team better...i wouldnt mind adding him to the rotation - even if it cost a few prospects...the guy was cy young winner....thats not going to just show up at your club door w/o a cost....seems like too many here are paralyzed by fear or serious manlove for young prospects

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke to Angels:
    [QUOTE]notin, i think we should do whatever makes the team better...i wouldnt mind adding him to the rotation - even if it cost a few prospects...the guy was cy young winner....thats not going to just show up at your club door w/o a cost....seems like too many here are paralyzed by fear or serious manlove for young prospects
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

It would make our club marginally better for a few weeks, and worse for several years.

Do you have any idea of what his H/A splits are for Mil?  We already have one guy not liking the bright lights of Fenway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I guess Greinke isn't scared of Anaheim. 

He's only scared of Boston

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I am not surprised with the performance of the team this year, very much expected looking at the quality of last two years team. What I am surprised though is Ben's inability to make trades. I posted 2-months after he took the job that he is a useless and clueless idiot. I also expected the team to be in 3rd or 4th place but they are exceeding my downward expections. I would probably hire this Ben clown to clean my toilet, nothing more. This is a disgrace, F*r has been napping for a while, Mr. Henry should get him out the door. LL is basically challenged Ben to be "bold" and this guy does nothing. It is unfortunate that fans like us can not do much other than venting here. I wish fans show their displeasure by not going to Fenway for a week or so. It is indeed a business for the owners and fans should treat it as a business for a week and let the owners feel the $ pain. There is no other way...I am never this upset with a GM like I am with Ben now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I am not surprised with the performance of the team this year, very much expected looking at the quality of last two years team. What I am surprised though is Ben's inability to make trades. I posted 2-months after he took the job that he is a useless and clueless idiot. I also expected the team to be in 3rd or 4th place but they are exceeding my downward expections. I would probably hire this Ben clown to clean my toilet, nothing more. This is a disgrace, F*r has been napping for a while, Mr. Henry should get him out the door. LL is basically challenged Ben to be "bold" and this guy does nothing. It is unfortunate that fans like us can not do much other than venting here. I wish fans show their displeasure by not going to Fenway for a week or so. It is indeed a business for the owners and fans should treat it as a business for a week and let the owners feel the $ pain. There is no other way...I am never this upset with a GM like I am with Ben now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Greinke isn't scared of Anaheim.  He's only scared of Boston
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

lol exactly...he won the cy young but only because he didnt pitch for boston...los angelas is a much cozier place to live and work

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I'M A NY RESIDENT AND I HAD TO WATCH THE YANKS/SOXGAME 
    ON THE NY PROPAGANDA NETWORK "YES"...AND THE NY CAMERA
    CREW TOOK GREAT GLEE IN COORDINATING WITH MICHAEL KAY
    THE UTTER DESPAIR IN THE SOX DUGOUT. THEY PANNED EACH
    FACE ONE BY ONE.  THIS WAS NO MISTAKE...IT WAS DONE
    METHODICALLY, PLAYER BY PLAYER.  THE SOX LOOKED 
    DAZED AND LETHARGIC...THE TEAM JUST APPEARS TO BE
    GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS AND IT LOOKS FROM BOBBY
    V'S BODY LANGUAGE THAT HE IS AT HIS WIT'S END IN TRYING
    TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THIS SQUAD.  THERE IS NO
    FIRE AND MOST OF THE PLAYERS SEEM DISINTERESTED.
    IT'S A REAL SHAME FOR A GREAT FRANCHISE THAT IT HAS COME
    TO THIS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Greinke isn't scared of Anaheim.  He's only scared of Boston
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Do you have a link to any quote of Zack Greinke saying he was "scared of" Boston?

Greinke's diagnosed anxiety disorder affected him only in his early years in Kansas City.

And Greinke had no choice in where he would be traded, but if he did, I'm confident that the righthander would choose the streaking Angels over the slumping Red Sox.

Who wouldn't?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]notin, i think we should do whatever makes the team better...i wouldnt mind adding him to the rotation - even if it cost a few prospects...the guy was cy young winner....thats not going to just show up at your club door w/o a cost....seems like too many here are paralyzed by fear or serious manlove for young prospects
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I'd rather add a pitcher whop is uner control for 2013.

Greinke willget comething close to a 6 year $100mill contract after this season, and I'm being conservative...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Greinke to Angels": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Greinke to Angels : I'd rather add a pitcher whop is uner control for 2013. Greinke willget comething close to a 6 year $100mill contract after this season, and I'm being conservative... Posted by notin[/QUOTE] From a business standpoint it would not make sense to acquire him, but man we need a strong SP. we are too far along in the season to be experimenting with what we already have. We need a new face and a fresh arm to come to Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it weird that the same people who insist we need to be sellers are also upset we're not buying?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

During what period of a calendar year does trading players become "buying" or "selling"?

If a period is so designated - say 1 June through 31 July - would it possible to just make a trade without guys on the internet claiming it's a buy, a sell or, as is most likely, both a buy and a sell?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Angels gave up their top positional prospects and two double AA pitcher (angels fourth best prospects and 8th best prospects).  What does that mean for boston to give the Brewers?  Bogaret, Larvanway and Ranaudo??? 

Brewers had five teams interested, and narrowed it down to two teams, and picked the Angels.  I am sure that Boston was one of the five teams interested Grienke.  And what players Boston put them on the table?  Would like to know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Greinke to Angels": From a business standpoint it would not make sense to acquire him, but man we need a strong SP. we are too far along in the season to be experimenting with what we already have. We need a new face and a fresh arm to come to Boston.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

So the, break the bak for him as a FA.

Why break the bank and the farm system?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've been advocating getting a 1/2 slot pitcher all year (and even longer), but trading for a 2 month rental makes no sense. We can just sign Greinke this winter if we want him that badly.

If we make any deal at the deadline, it should be to sell of high salary players, or players that will be free agents this winter, or to get a player under team control through at least 2013.