Greinke to Dodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Greinke to Dodgers

The Dodgers are negotiating a new TV deal that will pay them around $6 billion in the next 25 years.  So they have the money to spend. 

Great timing for Greinke to be a free agent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Greinke is nowhere near a Verlander, Felix, Kershaw, or Weaver. 

Imagine what these four pitchers are thinking = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$     LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if pike werent banned maybe he couldve seen my post on youk and the yanks...again

it only confirms my belief that youk was a sweaty big head who put himself above the team by crying his way out of boston...him going to the yanks for that crazy amount is perfect...he is another anchor on the yanks at 3b and we never have to debate this nonsense about whether or not to clap for this clown when he plays against us....anyone who would when he plays for the yanakees should be disbarred as a sox fan...

[/QUOTE]

Yup, the WS loved him, the NYY are willing to pay him $12M, and CL willing to offer at least $18M/2.

But you will continue to bash anyone in your support of Hollywood Bobby.

And yes, I will continue to applaud every RS player with a WS ring, or in Youk's case, two WS rings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, where are the threads on the front page about the Yankees offering $12 mil. for Youk? Where is the response to that from Zac, Jessey, Jeter, and Georom? With the forum being a Yankee forum, why the silence about this offer? I think that Cashman is out of his mind. Where are the thoughts from Red Sox fans, is Youk worth $12 mil. for one year. Crickets??

[/QUOTE]

Louis, 

I wrote a thread a few weeks ago about MLB salaries getting to bit a bit ridiculous considering what teams are now paying for players who are either part time or others like Victorino coming off very mediocre seasons and I was skewered by many writing in when I also mentioned in a down economy with the middle class salaries going lower with most of us struggling to make ends meet how MLB front offices and players continue to escalate salaries. The greed just continues. I for one will not be attending any games this year or ever. I will not support a game that ignores it fans.

Hetch   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Actually a lot of the money being spent this year on FA is a result of a new TV contract that will be signed.  This will put a lot of money into the pockets of current owners, most of whom will pocket the money and stay status quo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Louis, 

I wrote a thread a few weeks ago about MLB salaries getting to bit a bit ridiculous considering what teams are now paying for players who are either part time or others like Victorino coming off very mediocre seasons and I was skewered by many writing in when I also mentioned in a down economy with the middle class salaries going lower with most of us struggling to make ends meet how MLB front offices and players continue to escalate salaries. The greed just continues. I for one will not be attending any games this year or ever. I will not support a game that ignores it fans.

Hetch   

[/QUOTE]

Hetch, I respect your opinion.  But I disagree with you. 

MLB is a multi-billion dollar business.  ALL of the current MLB players busted their a** to earn that fat contract.  Competition in MLB is beyond most fields.

When I got admitted to the Sloan School of Management, the admission rate was around 7 to 1.  But for a player to play in the majors?  Considering there is A, AA, and AAA, I'm sure its beyond one's imagination. 

You can talk about the struggling middle class and economy all you want.  But this is a capitalist society where people will work hard to become rich and successful and others will continue to struggle.

I respect your decision not to attend any more games.  But to say that MLB is a sport that ignores its fans is not right.  It's not like MLB stole your hard-earned money and gave it to the players.   

I envy every MLB player who makes millions and are able to support their familes for generations.  But I respect their hardwork to make it possible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, where are the threads on the front page about the Yankees offering $12 mil. for Youk? Where is the response to that from Zac, Jessey, Jeter, and Georom? With the forum being a Yankee forum, why the silence about this offer? I think that Cashman is out of his mind. Where are the thoughts from Red Sox fans, is Youk worth $12 mil. for one year. Crickets??

[/QUOTE]

Louis, 

Hetch   

[/QUOTE]

TV is supplying the money.

Once the money is handed over from TV to BB, it will either go to the owners or the players.  I have no dog in that race.  Let them divvy it up however they want.  None of my business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

It's not an overpay if you can afford it. It's a bargain in disguise. Old Chinese proverb paraphrased.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Your worth whatever someone is willing to pay you. However, it's unlikely he provides 24.5 million dollars worth of value in any one season. Pretty soon the metrics used to determine what's 'overpaid' will soon change anyway. I can see more teams going for high dollar, low year contracts and the Sox are doing. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

that about 1.4 mil a victory if he wins 18....crazy...but I still wish we had him in our rotation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In the next five seasons, if Greinke gives the Dodgers what he has done for the last five seasons, do you think the Dodgers will be happy or disappointed with the results?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your worth whatever someone is willing to pay you.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's correct.  This would mean Bobby Jenks was worth his 2 year 12 million dollar contract, even though he was of no value. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

so much for thr Grienke needs a small market team...another bootlicker miscalculation...LA made be laid back but it is the largest media center on the planet...and they will have 150 million reasons why all eyes will be on him in the 2nd largest city in america....

good for him....i wish the sox wouldve taken a chance on him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

so much for thr Grienke needs a small market team...another bootlicker miscalculation...LA made be laid back but it is the largest media center on the planet...and they will have 150 million reasons why all eyes will be on him in the 2nd largest city in america....

[/QUOTE]

Just because Greinke signed with the Dodgers doesn't mean he'll be able to handle the pressure that comes with this kind of contract...whether that's a miscalculation is yet to be seen.

Anyway 25 million a year for a pitcher with Greinke's numbers is much too much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

good for him....i wish the sox wouldve taken a chance on him

[/QUOTE]

California is notorious for not caring about their baseball teams. It's probably due to too many transplants who have their own teams. There will be very few eyes on how the Dodgers are doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Despite the bad economy , this is still a great time to be a major league athlete. You will have your personal agent to negotiate your lucrative contract , while still enjoying the union benefits of " Joe Lunchpail."  You can live your life like a brainless , drunken thug , and we will still love you.  After all , we citizens and fans just love our bread and circuses. 

Sections
Shortcuts