Greinke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Greinke

If the Sox FO thinks they still can make a run - they have to get Greinke.  He'd immediately be our #1 starter.

I don't think they can make a run - but if Ben C.  thinks they can - Greinke is the guy.

I have a feeling the Sox will move to get him.  I don;t know why - but expect them to trade Lavarnaway + for Greinke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Greinke

I doubt Greinke is the guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Doesn't Greinke have a thing about big markets?

I don't think the Sox add Greinke unless they know they can extend him.  The Red Sox are not in the position to give away prospects for a 2 month rental.  Perhaps if they can move Beckett or Lester in a seperate deal this becomes more likely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

They are scouting him. And Melvin just said today that he was going to get traded after walking it back a little later in the day. Melvin even said Grienke would be fine in a large market. I agree that it's not ideal but if could happen. At least it's likely he is going somewhere.

Johnson
    Garza
    Grienke

Who is it going to be? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke:
    Doesn't Greinke have a thing about big markets?Posted by Thesemenarecowards

I've heard that - but I am starting to think its an urban legend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : I've heard that - but I am starting to think its an urban legend.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

His anxiety issues were not urban legend, but there's lots of things you can do to help combat the problem.  It's definitely something that needs to be considered before a big market team considers trading for him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

They are scouting him. And Melvin just said today that he was going to get traded after walking it back a little later in the day. Melvin even said Grienke would be fine in a large market. I agree that it's not ideal but if could happen. At least it's likely he is going somewhere. Johnson Garza Grienke Who is it going to be? 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

I'd guess none of the them come to Boston. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : I've heard that - but I am starting to think its an urban legend.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Too many minuses.

His record at home is extraordinarily better than the road.

His ERA at the old YS is 8.82.  His ERA at the new place is far, far worse.

His ERA in the playoffs is abysmal.

That all sounds like he doesn't like pressure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : Too many minuses. His record at home is extraordinarily better than the road. His ERA at the old YS is 8.82.  His ERA at the new place is far, far worse. His ERA in the playoffs is abysmal. That all sounds like he doesn't like pressure.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Agreed, Joe...I can't see the Sox bringing in another guy who may have issues playing in a big market any time soon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Apparently he's on anti-depressents.

Probably wouldn't work in Boston.

Votto apparently has the same condition. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Doesn't Greinke have a thing about big markets? I don't think the Sox add Greinke unless they know they can extend him.  The Red Sox are not in the position to give away prospects for a 2 month rental.  Perhaps if they can move Beckett or Lester in a seperate deal this becomes more likely.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

had a thing about big markets.  Saught professional help for his social anxiety disorder and conquered the problem.

The Brewers got him in the middle of a pennant race, so the heat was on.  He performed very well under the pressure.

Actually, a pretty cool story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Greinke = no.
    Demptser = maybe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jon Heyman of CBS Sportsline puts the Red Sox odds on Zack Greinke at 100-1:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/19662670/greinke-derby-should-be-a-doozy-rangers-braves-chisox-angels-dodgers-etc

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Jon Heyman of CBS Sportsline puts the Red Sox odds on Zack Greinke at 100-1: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/19662670/greinke-derby-should-be-a-doozy-rangers-braves-chisox-angels-dodgers-etc
    Posted by hill55

I agree...greinke alone will not solve this teams problems...It would be a waste to give prospects for just one rental for 2 months...If Both lester and Beckett cant start winning games decisively, there will be no playoffs...One pitcher will not make this offense consistent either...This team puts a new meaning to the words under-achieving...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : Yes, it was courageous of him to go public with his illness and get help.  And get back on track. I'd entertain getting him, but it really has to be the strategy that he will be our #1 guy from 2013 forward. Then again, this IS the Boston market we're talking about.  So, take the 100% pressure and multiply it by 1,000.  Even the most steel nerved players get rattled here.
    Posted by ipotnyc

Agreed.  Even though he has conquered his social anxiety disorder, I fear that there may still be a lingering issue that could resurface.  Coming to Boston would increase the chance of the disorder resurfacing.

Almost like a recovered alcoholic.  Yes, you've recovered, but you still might want to avoid situations where you're in an opportunity to drink because it doesnt take much to slip back into it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : had a thing about big markets.  Saught professional help for his social anxiety disorder and conquered the problem. The Brewers got him in the middle of a pennant race, so the heat was on.  He performed very well under the pressure. Actually, a pretty cool story.
    Posted by Drewski5

Actually, I think the problem is more 'controlled' rather than 'conquered'.

It would be nice, but I have my doubts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Can we get Crawford on whatever it is that Greinkes on?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The roster is obviously not working and I don't know what has to show before you say there has to be a move made. I haven't posted on this board all season long but this team is straight up unwatchable. 

The chemistry, the leadership everything I expect out of leaders and teammates I am not seeing. The entire starting rotation minus Clay and Felix needs to go. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Greinke : His anxiety issues were not urban legend, but there's lots of things you can do to help combat the problem.  It's definitely something that needs to be considered before a big market team considers trading for him. 
    Posted by jasko2248

It has been like 5 years since his issues.  It looks like he has found ways to control them effectively...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I don't want the Sox to acquire anyone for this season. Time for 2013. Greinke is a free agent after this season anyways. He is not the player I'd like to see the Sox invest in. After seeing Hamels contract - expect 6 years, 130M +. All for a guy who has had past issues with anxiety. Not a good fit, just like CC wasn't a good fit. New compensation rules would prevent us from getting draft picks if we acquired him and he walked so that makes it a big fat no for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But the problem is that Milwaukee want couple top 10 prospects.  If Boston can just part away anyone below the top 10 prospects along with Sweetney and maybe Shoppach.  That would be a nice trade!!

By the way Grienke is not the #1 pitcher.  He can be just another good pitcher to just win games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

If they Sox lose the Yank series, I say time to look ahead.   But they can still trade for the future, and make the season interesting.

Greinke's drugs are no different than taking meds for blood pressure or anything else, it is a chemical thing.   Obviously they work, because he is still a major league pitcher and pitching half the season on the road.   And pitching great.

Face it, Farrell left us too early.  He should be the manager, and be watching over the pitchers ... and then Lester and co. would have kept on pitching good, with no clubhouse BS.   I like BV.  But he needs a better pitching coach for these slugs.

Sections
Shortcuts