Grey Poupon, anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Grey Poupon, anyone?

Loved that first commercial with the rather snooty old Brits in their RR's or Bentleys ...

But it is just as unlikely that we are going to solve anything by attacking either each other or the supposed persons/reasons for the sad end of the season.

I like what Papi said, "The Yanquis lost too!  What, they played two more games than we did?  Where's the (outcry) there?"

I can understand the upset.

But I cannot understand the need to keep chasing after this supposed mistake and that one.  We are just feeding on the same dead moment.  There is no nourishment, no value, no postive or uplifting outcome from what we are doing.  I do include myself, because I've played the game, too.

But while we are missing that final touch of flavor that sets the meal (season) apart ... we ARE tearing apart a product that has been very, very good for quite a while.  

I honestly don't see the Sox trading any of the pitchers.  They may fire the clubhouse manager for letting the beer out too soon, but the pitchers are not going anywhere - at least not until Ben gets his feet on the ground and a manager is hired who might be able to handle the erstwhile heros .... (I know, one might not be ... )

I'll go along with Gordon Edes and predict a terrific outcome next season.  He went all the way ... to the WS that is ... 

I'm on the new (old) wagon ...

Grey Poupon, anyone?

The flavor's really quite good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Grey Poupon, anyone?

In Response to Grey Poupon, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]  Loved that first commercial with the rather snooty old Brits in their RR's or Bentleys ...   But it is just as unlikely that we are going to solve anything by attacking either each other or the supposed persons/reasons for the sad end of the season.   I like what Papi said, "The Yanquis lost too!  What, they played two more games than we did?  Where's the (outcry) there?"   I can understand the upset.   But I cannot understand the need to keep chasing after this supposed mistake and that one.  We are just feeding on the same dead moment.  There is no nourishment, no value, no postive or uplifting outcome from what we are doing.  I do include myself, because I've played the game, too.   But while we are missing that final touch of flavor that sets the meal (season) apart ... we ARE tearing apart a product that has been very, very good for quite a while.     I honestly don't see the Sox trading any of the pitchers.  They may fire the clubhouse manager for letting the beer out too soon, but the pitchers are not going anywhere - at least not until Ben gets his feet on the ground and a manager is hired who might be able to handle the erstwhile heros .... (I know, one might not be ... )   I'll go along with Gordon Edes and predict a terrific outcome next season.  He went all the way ... to the WS that is ...    I'm on the new (old) wagon ...   Grey Poupon, anyone?   The flavor's really quite good.  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]hey!!..you and Ortiz get your math straight...it was five more games...Tongue outWink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I like what Papi said, "The Yanquis lost too! What, they played two more games than we did? Where's the (outcry) there?"

I can understand the upset.

You have to be in it to win it. Yanks were, Sox weren't.

Another reason as to why NY would never sign this Papi. He has turned into Big Whiney Baby

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Always in good taste, Yaz, old friend!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I see where this is going S-Yaz:

It is common sentiment that Beckett, Lester and Lackey all looked significantly more out of shape at seasons end than Spring.

Connecting the dots, we can infer that fried chicken was the culprit.

Answer for 2012:  GRILLED CHICKEN IN THE CLUBHOUSE.

Of course, the realist might ask, Why in the would anyone choose boring grilled chicken over delicious greasy fried chicken?

Answer:  Grey Poupon.  Mmmm.  Cold grilled chicken breast dipped in some Grey Poupon?  deeeeelish.  

Whoever the manager is next year, the new mandate:  Grilled chicken and mustard with white wine is the new clubhouse off-day order.

I smell world series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Grey Poupon, anyone?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Grey Poupon, anyone? : hey!!..you and Ortiz get your math straight...it was five more games...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete!

Can you believe I was cutting my yeast donuts last night, about 11:30 PM, when I realized I misquoted Papi!

I was hoping I might get back here and correct my mistake .... oh well.

:o)

Another Forrest Gump moment for me.

::  ::  ::

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I like what Papi said, "The Yanquis lost too! What, they played two more games than we did? Where's the (outcry) there?" I can understand the upset. You have to be in it to win it. Yanks were, Sox weren't. Another reason as to why NY would never sign this Papi. He has turned into Big Whiney Baby
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hiya Jess!

Been a while.  Misquote noted above.

His whole point really is, you ain't in it anymo', so you ain't gonna win it ...  not even close.

Small comfort ...  for either of us.

A very attractive young lady at my day job is a heart and soul NYY fan.  Our banter is quite urbane but yet pointed.  I think it may have been harder on her that the season ended so abruptly ... She has a flawless face framed with dark, red hair.  The loss showing on her face is the only flaw I can detect ... 

Happy Hallowe'en!   The only time of the year I get to take my mask off and show my real face.

::  ::  ::  :: :::

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]  Always in good taste, Yaz, old friend!!!
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

And a great smile, even a good deep laugh.  Nice!  It is a dog's life, after all, isn' it?

Did you hear the one about who really loves you more - or at least unconditionally, your wife or your dog?

Simple test.

Throw your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car and dirve around for an hour or two.

Then go open the trunk.

Bet you can guess who's tail will be wagging and which one will not be!!!

:oD

::  ::  ::

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I see where this is going S-Yaz: It is common sentiment that Beckett, Lester and Lackey all looked significantly more out of shape at seasons end than Spring. Connecting the dots, we can infer that fried chicken was the culprit. Answer for 2012:  GRILLED CHICKEN IN THE CLUBHOUSE. Of course, the realist might ask, Why in the would anyone choose boring grilled chicken over delicious greasy fried chicken? Answer:  Grey Poupon.  Mmmm.  Cold grilled chicken breast dipped in some Grey Poupon?  deeeeelish.   Whoever the manager is next year, the new mandate:  Grilled chicken and mustard with white wine is the new clubhouse off-day order. I smell world series.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I like it!  Spaceman, you're a genius!

Of course, I love fried chicken ... but many years ago wife and I took the skin off.  Off the schicken (sic), I mean.  Retired staff sarge in my Florida church said, "Pastor, once the skin is gone, I won't eat the chicken.  It ain't the same."  I offered him - shoved at him, really - a piece of my skinless fried chicken.  He looked at his wife, who approved (three serious heart surgeries for Bill, so needed to be careful).  He was a wise cracker  (He had a dog named Killer.  It sat between their matching esy chairs, ever vigilant.  He was ceramic, but from the outside, who could tell?) ... he rolled the drum stick back and forth, inspecting it closely.  He admitted it looked crispy.  So he bit into it ... and I had a convert!!!!  NOt as healthy as grilled, but sooo good.  

Your menu could well draw in the British and French crowd.

Imagine how well that would tie in with the Liverpool team ...

World Piece!  And no fighting, either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grey Poupon, anyone? :   And a great smile, even a good deep laugh.  Nice!  It is a dog's life, after all, isn' it?   Did you hear the one about who really loves you more - or at least unconditionally, your wife or your dog?     Simple test.     Throw your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car and dirve around for an hour or two.     Then go open the trunk.      Bet you can guess who's tail will be wagging and which one will not be!!!        :oD ::  ::  ::
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Reminds me of that old saying,

"Try to be the person that your dog thinks you are."

Though the trunk thing wouldn't go over well with my GF. Ohhh, nooooo!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]He has turned into Big Whiney Baby
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

A bit of an overstatement, but there have been moments where Ortiz would have been better served by keeping quiet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grey Poupon, anyone? : A bit of an overstatement, but there have been moments where Ortiz would have been better served by keeping quiet.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]I watched that interview. It seemed to me that Papi was a bit upset about all the negativity in the media about the Sox since the last game of the season. As far as the going to the Yankees comment, he was asked specifically by Ms. Dominguez if he would play for the Yanquis and he said "I'd have to think about it". The Yanks probably wouldn't be interested, given the presence on their roster of ARod, Jeter, Posada et al., but I have no doubt that David Ortiz would be a monster playing half his games at Yankee Stadium. That being said, my hope is that Big Papi retires in a Red Sox uniform. I don't think that anyone in the history of the franchise has been more important to the Sox than David Ortiz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1JTQxaoQUI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPaUgXkYFX4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW9hxbD-A8Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQqLHxwMYzY

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Actually I think the Phillies collapsed worse than both Red Sox and Yankees.

After all, wasn't Cliff Lee supposed to be unbeatable? That rotation of Lee, Halladay , Oswalt and Hamels was supposed to be shut down in the postseason. Guess not.

SI ran a story about Philadelphia as "baseball heaven" after the dominant regular season. Also the Tiger's fans had reason to be excited when their team reeled off a long winning streak in the late season, killing hope in Cleveland, Chicago and Minnesota.

Alas, those dominant teams "collapsed" also. But the sun still shines on most days, and nobody's talking about "cleaning house."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Actually I think the Phillies collapsed worse than both Red Sox and Yankees. After all, wasn't Cliff Lee supposed to be unbeatable? That rotation of Lee, Halladay , Oswalt and Hamels was supposed to be shut down in the postseason. Guess not. SI ran a story about Philadelphia as "baseball heaven" after the dominant regular season. Also the Tiger's fans had reason to be excited when their team reeled off a long winning streak in the late season, killing hope in Cleveland, Chicago and Minnesota. Alas, those dominant teams "collapsed" also. But the sun still shines on most days, and nobody's talking about "cleaning house."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Enlightening post, sir.

Yeah, the Four Aces were not to be beaten.   You might beat one in a series, but not all ...

Even though I had hoped to visit my younger son in Philly and attened a Red Sox/Phillies game there.

Again, "nexy year"!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I like what Papi said, "The Yanquis lost too! What, they played two more games than we did? Where's the (outcry) there?" I can understand the upset. You have to be in it to win it. Yanks were, Sox weren't.

Yanks weren't in it for very long.
    You'd think the payroll advantage they have over everybody else would have translated better.

Another reason as to why NY would never sign this Papi. He has turned into Big Whiney Baby

Here's a few reasons why they would sign Papi:
    Ortiz vs. NY: .303 BA  36 HR  127 RBI  .559 SLg  .951 OPS (1.025 in NY)
    You seem to still wear the scars.

Posted by jesseyeric

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m