Guess our new RH bat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Guess our new RH bat

My guess is Reed Johnson, Theo has always liked him and hes having a great year against all pitching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Guess our new RH bat

I don't know why, but I'm thinking Ludwick from the Padres.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Guess our new RH bat:
       I don't know why, but I'm thinking Ludwick from the Padres.
    Posted by attic-dan

Ludwick would be my second choice but I don't see why Theo would grab him either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Guess our new RH bat : Ludwick would be my second choice but I don't see why Theo would grab him either.
    Posted by craze4sox

Possible deal for Ludwick and Bell??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Bell, now that would get interesting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think they'll probably be more focused in getting a pitcher.That being said,I could see them picking up a complimentary RH bat,someone like Josh Willingham from Oakland.He's only hitting .241 but has 13 HRs and can play the corner outfield positions.He's played 1st and caught some in the Majors too.They could get him fairly cheap.
    Here's a link to his stats at Baseball-reference,com:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/willijo03.shtml

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I think they'll probably be more focused in getting a pitcher.That being said,I could see them picking up a complimentary RH bat,someone like Josh Willingham from Oakland.He's only hitting .241 but has 13 HRs and can play the corner outfield positions.He's played 1st and caught some in the Majors too.They could get him fairly cheap. Here's a link to his stats at Baseball-reference,com: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/willijo03.shtml
    Posted by mrmojo1120

I read somewhere the Sox are on the fence with whether Willingham would be the right fit but its possible..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I think they're going to bring back Bob Zupcik out of retirement.Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

i think they could get Brett Favre to come out of retirement!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Reed Johnson would be a very good fit for the Red Sox. He's hitting both lefties and righties well, and he can play any of the three outfield positions. Among realistic options, he'd be my first choice.

Melky Cabrera could be a decent pick-up from the Royals. He's a switch-hitter with some speed and pop in his bat. He's hitting both lefties and righties this year. He's only making $1.25 million this season and enters his final year of arbitration in 2012. He could play full-time in the event of an injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

I would prefer a proven LH reliever, a bigger need in my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Reed Johnson would be a very good fit for the Red Sox. He's hitting both lefties and righties well, and he can play any of the three outfield positions. Among realistic options, he'd be my first choice. Melky Cabrera could be a decent pick-up from the Royals. He's a switch-hitter with some speed and pop in his bat. He's hitting both lefties and righties this year. He's only making $1.25 million this season and enters his final year of arbitration in 2012. He could play full-time in the event of an injury.
    Posted by davidap

I like Melky as well, the guy used to kill us when he played for the Yanks.  Might be just the guy to dish out some payback on the Yanks like Damon did to us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Jeff Francoeur.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Jeff Francoeur.
    Posted by moonslav59

Another great choice, I really believe Theo will bring in a bat despite our possible need for a pitcher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I am not sure they don't keep their powder dry because Reddick has done pretty well and live with Mac as their RH OF.

But I am with Moon that for the purposes of a platoon guy Francouer if the Royals are reasonable on the prospect wanted in return would a great fit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

JD Drew

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

cabrera is much more valuable than francouer as cabrera can play all three outfield spots, switch hits, has a better batting average this year and has almost equal number of home runs AND is AL EAST battle tested from his days with the yankees.

francouer can just stay right with the royals all year.  there is a reason that no other teams are talking about trading for him.

willingham, spilsborgh, connor, etc are no better than mcdonald so why give up any young kids to get someone who is not appreciably better than who they already have in a uniform?  also, none of these guys have even played on the big stage either so they may just freeze up until spring training.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

DMac has gotten on base in 10 of his last 21 PAs. Perhaps, Theo will not go after a RH'd OF'er.  I don't like the idea of DMac fielding in RF though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see no significant deal by July 31st, but if Buch does not coming back, Theo may try to make a waiver deal in August. The problem is, anyone can block it.  (Paul Byrd anyone?  LOL)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

I think they're going to bring back Bob Zupcik out of retirement.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Guess our new RH bat : I like Melky as well, the guy used to kill us when he played for the Yanks.  Might be just the guy to dish out some payback on the Yanks like Damon did to us.
    Posted by craze4sox

My thinking as well.  It seems like he misses a real rivalry and playing meaningful games.  How would he be in RF though?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

cabrera is much more valuable than francouer as cabrera can play all three outfield spots, switch hits, has a better batting average this year and has almost equal number of home runs AND is AL EAST battle tested from his days with the yankees. francouer can just stay right with the royals all year.  there is a reason that no other teams are talking about trading for him. willingham, spilsborgh, connor, etc are no better than mcdonald so why give up any young kids to get someone who is not appreciably better than who they already have in a uniform?  also, none of these guys have even played on the big stage either so they may just freeze up until spring training.
    Posted by therimrattler

The playoff experience, in the AL (b)East, is important.  Can't remember how he got to Atlanta.  Yanks traded him for a SP, right?  He may want to return some love.
         In three games against his former buds this year-3 hits, but 2 hrs, double, and 4 walks for an OPS of 1.271, at Yankee stadium.   

These are the only games he's played against them.             

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Jeff Francoeur.
    Posted by moonslav59

that's who i think

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Guess our new RH bat : Possible deal for Ludwick and Bell??????
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

Why would the Sox need Bell and Ludwick?   With the exception of Crawford, the OF offense is fine, and Ludwick is NOT going to take over for Crawford and we all know that.

And why get free agent to be Heath Bell when we already have free agent to be Jon Papelbon closing games for us?  And we still have Andrew Miller and Tim Wakefield.  Where are the priorities?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Matt Kemp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Matt Kemp.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

That would be wicked awesome, but prolly not gonna happen.  I would like Bautista for RF.  What a nice dream I can have....

Sections
Shortcuts