"Hacksaw" Mike Napoli/Drew heating up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"Hacksaw" Mike Napoli/Drew heating up

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2013/05/hacksaw_mike_na.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

The two home runs Napoli hit last night travelled a combined 939 feet, per Home Run Tracker.  They are 2 of the 5 longest home runs hit in the majors so far this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The two home runs Napoli hit last night travelled a combined 939 feet, per Home Run Tracker.  They are 2 of the 5 longest home runs hit in the majors so far this year.

Impressive!

He absolutely crushed the second HR.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re:

unreal man! wasn't it pedroia that said don't worry about the power.........it's coming. notice we haven't seen or heard from frank from glawstahhh today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re:

I was against the Red Sox signing Napoli.  Boy was I wrong.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re:

that first one was Vlad Guerrero-esque, almost off of his shoetops...that second one....just a straight up bomb!!!...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

Those 2 blasts from Naps looked like they were shot out of a cannon...Almost 1000ft between the 2! Guys got scary power. love the hacksaw nickname being a long time wrestling fan.

Good to see Drew coming around as well. The article shows that basically by the end of April he got in the usual amout of AB's you get in ST and has since started heating up like I figured he would...

" Stephen Drew was 4 for 35 (.114) in his first 11 games this season. Combine that with his rehab assignment with Double A Portland and that's roughly the equivalent of a normal spring training in terms of at-bats.

He is since 7 of 22 (.318) with three extra-base hits, seven RBIs and five walks."

Middy also seems to be slowly adjusting to the way hes being pitched. He'll come around soon. and be back to a more normal BA, OPB and SLG. Its a tough game and sometimes some fans need to be more patient.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re:

Naps has been great!  I liked the signing when it happened...thought it was a bit too much $$ at the time but when it got reduced thought it was a GREAT deal.  I'd be willing to bet that he has exceeded all of our expectations....especially with the solid D at 1B!  I don't want to get ahead of myself....but....If he keeps this up I really do hope the Sox re-sign him for a few more years.  He could stay at first for another season then when Ortiz retires take over as DH and spot start at 1B for the duration.  He's doing what we all hoped A-Gon would have been able to do at the plate.  I was a fan of A-Gon and think he's one of the top 5 pure hitters in the league.....but Naps is making us forget about him pretty quickly!

Loving this team more and more every day!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Naps has been great!  I liked the signing when it happened...thought it was a bit too much $$ at the time but when it got reduced thought it was a GREAT deal.  I'd be willing to bet that he has exceeded all of our expectations....especially with the solid D at 1B!  I don't want to get ahead of myself....but....If he keeps this up I really do hope the Sox re-sign him for a few more years.  He could stay at first for another season then when Ortiz retires take over as DH and spot start at 1B for the duration.  He's doing what we all hoped A-Gon would have been able to do at the plate.  I was a fan of A-Gon and think he's one of the top 5 pure hitters in the league.....but Naps is making us forget about him pretty quickly!

totally with you Kingface! I seem to remember some azzclown mentioning the 5 mill one year deal as being one of Bens worst mistakes....all I ask is that our club can stay healthy. that guy that pitched last night for the jays was no slouch. plain and simple he got "Hammahed" lol.
    sending out positive vibes to the demptstah for tonight. texas will be a real test for our club.

GO SOX.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

I agree, but would have him take another physical after the year and see what the hip looks like. If theres been no further damage, I offer him a 2yr deal with a 3rd vesting option based on games played. Or a 1 year deal at 13M with 2 vesting options based on games played. If hes healthy, hes a beast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re:

It looks like the people staying wait until he gets enough at bats were right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It looks like the people staying wait until he gets enough at bats were right.

Yeah Joe, I was one of them...His track record of being close to an .800OPS SS couldnt be ignored. Some wanted to site his injured 2011-12 years to make their judgements, but a look at his 2008-2010 years before the injury would suggest he was much better. He's going to hit the ball and play an above average SS. As an all aound SS, hes the best option right now IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Impressive!

The funny thing is,is the the first one went 3 feet farther. 470 feet on the First one 467 feet on the second one.

Just goes to show you how much He got of those balls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Impressive!

The funny thing is,is the the first one went 3 feet farther. 470 feet on the First one 467 feet on the second one.

He should earn all of that 13M this year if he stays healthy, and it would be well worth it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Impressive!

He should earn all of that 13M this year if he stays healthy, and it would be well worth it.

Naps is quickly turning into one of My favorite red sox Players along With WMB and pedey. I just hope he ends up staying here more than the one year. Im so happy right now that naps is producing that id offer the three year 39 mil contract to hm on top of the one year deal he has now. Like another post mentioned, after next year we can move Naps to DH and that opens up first for a possible prospect. Not trying to jump the gun on bringing back naps but His Swing really is tailor fit for fenway. Him muscling that double to the wall is Exhibit A of that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

Impressive!

Naps is quickly turning into one of My favorite red sox Players along With WMB. I just hope he ends up staying here more than the one year. Im so happy right now that naps is producing that id offer the three year 39 mil contract to hm on top of the one year deal he has now. Like nother post mentioned, after next year we can move Naps to DH and that opens up first for a possible prospect. 

I would be a little more cautious than that res. Give him a physical after the season and see how the hip is doing. Offer a 1 or 2 year deal, and depending which one you offer, 1 or 2 vesting option years based on games played. Naps can still make his 13M per, but should get bonuses along the way for games played. year 2 or 3 would vest with a certain amount of games played.

The Sox still need to protect themselves while letting Naps earn his paycheck based on health. They made it fairly easy for him to get to 13M, so that shouldnt be an issue. I think he likes it here too, which could only help.

Its still April, so lets revisit this at the end of the year. A lot can happen between now and then.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re:

Impressive!

Naps is quickly turning into one of My favorite red sox Players along With WMB. I just hope he ends up staying here more than the one year. Im so happy right now that naps is producing that id offer the three year 39 mil contract to hm on top of the one year deal he has now. Like nother post mentioned, after next year we can move Naps to DH and that opens up first for a possible prospect. 

I would be a little more cautious than that res. Give him a physical after the season and see how the hip is doing. Offer a 1 or 2 year deal, and depending which one you offer, 1 or 2 vesting option years based on games played. Naps can still make his 13M per, but should get bonuses along the way for games played. year 2 or 3 would vest with a certain amount of games played.

The Sox still need to protect themselves while letting Naps earn his paycheck based on health. They made it fairly easy for him to get to 13M, so that shouldnt be an issue. I think he likes it here too, which could only help.

Its still April, so lets revisit this at the end of the year. A lot can happen between now and then.

I agree with everything you said.....except for one thing.....  It's May now. Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re:

Impressive!

Yes indeed, alot can happen between now and the end of the year! I made a couple of Changes to my post after i posted it because i realized it sounded a little frivelous on my part. I Just have that gut feeling again about Naps that i had about Beltre while he was here. Both are keepers and i just dont want Naps to leave after one year like beltre did. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

Impressive!

I agree with everything you said.....except for one thing.....  It's May now. Tongue Out

HA!   Got me!!!

Sections
Shortcuts