had not heard this B4-is it true

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: had not heard this B4-is it true

Ya got to love that barrrrstad, Scott Borra$$.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Yanks are getting a pick for Swisher as well, right?

The draft pick has had some measure of impact on guys like Lohse and Laroche, it seems.  Soriano is just a little too much for what most any team will pay for a closer at this time.  Plus that whole pick thing.  Double-whammy.

I'm thinking Bourn will be the next one signed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record was told by a source that Scott Boras approached the Yankees last month about whether they would consider bringing Rafael Soriano back on a one-year deal.

The request was "flatly denied," according to Klapisch. Soriano opted out of his $14 million option and then turned down a one-year, $13.3 million qualifying offer to test free agency, so the Yankees are focused on getting the draft pick (and the additional draft pool money) when he signs elsewhere. Of course, that he is tied to draft pick compensation isn't doing him any favors on the open market.     Source: Bob Klapisch on Twitter Jan 7 - 4:34 PM   I knew the team signing the FA lost slot $

never heard/knew the team losing the player gains slot money

did you ? just wondering if it's true

I guess they would need extra funds to sign the extra pick.  I really haven't looked into the whole slotting procedure or the amounts.

Is the momey tied to the round or the part of the round?  Like the first 10 have a slotting price, and the next 10 a different one, and so on.

Or do teams get a certain amount to sign a first rounder and a lesser amount for a second rounder/sandwich pick.

I also don't really have a feel for sliding some money to a certain pick to make it more appealing.  Wouldn't it be easier to say "This is what everyone else gets.  Take it or leave it."?   Again, MLB makes things so complicated......

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:

Kimmi had it stated completely on another thread. Too bad that a Yankee troll missed it. I will try to find it. Maybe someone in a Yankee forum also has a handle on it. What a shame that Zac never goes to Yankee forums.

What a shame that you are a very immature and stupid individual.   *shaking my head and laughing at you*  LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Kimmi had it stated completely on another thread. Too bad that a Yankee troll missed it. I will try to find it. Maybe someone in a Yankee forum also has a handle on it. What a shame that Zac never goes to Yankee forums.

What a shame that you are a very immature and stupid individual.   *shaking my head and laughing at you*  LOL

What a shame that you don't realize that pinstripezac comes to Red Sox on the Front Burner to ask whether or not the Yankees are bringing back Soriano, and doesn't even think that this question would make more sense on a Yankee board. But, then again, this is Zac's Yankee board so we all should fall in line accordingly and look it up for him. Hey, we can all go to a Yankee board for Zac and find out if they know anything there about their own team, but we'd probably find out that all the Yankees fans are here. LMAO

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

Isn't the difference between B4 and before a few keystrokes?  My apology if you have a disability. One other comment before I go, why does the guy who claims he  lives in Cambodia and is a diehard Red Sox fan always agree with the resident forum Yankee troll named Zac? Shouldn't Burrito / Enchilada / Yazzer once in awhile side with Red Sox fans on this forum instead of Yankee trolls? A fair question, no?

Burrito or you have no idea if he agrees with me or not

he says he cannot understand my jibberish

time 2go2 bed pike

KST is here 4 the night shift

hate 2CU mix up accounts

Are any Yankee trolls mixing up accounts? Has anyone ever even suggested that? Why is that exactly? Why are Sox fans duplicate posters and all you                  's  never even bothered by that? Even when there are multiple Yankee one-liners. You know, the posters that don't want to say too much because they might be identified.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

why do these guys (pinstripe and all the other quality yankee posters) bother you two so much? they're not hurting anyone and often add quality posts to discussions. unlike the two of you...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

why do these guys (pinstripe and all the other quality yankee posters) bother you two so much? they're not hurting anyone and often add quality posts to discussions. unlike the two of you...

If IYO "quality" posts means taking a Sox fan's picture and creating abusive pics of it, including him peeing himself when he never even said a word to Zac, then your idea of quality posts and my idea of quality posts differ. I'll add his abusive pics of me and other posters here who have said things about the Yankees he didn't particularly like.

I don't even know you. You just showed up one day and said you took your father's account while he wasn't on the computer. That's at least odd. And you have a pic of a tattoo you said you were doing over and were going to post a new pic, and then you didn't. And that was waaaay before the forum changes. So, FTR, I don't even know who you are except that you say you're 20, and spend all your time on a baseball forum that doesn't at all represent your age group. So, let's just call your opinion about the Yankee trolls here "suspect". 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

I don't even know you. You just showed up one day and said you took your father's account while he wasn't on the computer. That's at least odd. And you have a pic of a tattoo you said you were doing over and were going to post a new pic, and then you didn't. And that was waaaay before the forum changes. So, FTR, I don't even know who you are except that you say you're 20, and spend all your time on a baseball forum that doesn't at all represent your age group. So, let's just call your opinion about the Yankee trolls here "suspect". 

and thats all you SHOULD know about me........creeper

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

How about that, the dynamic duo of Pike and KimSaysJ'Accuse has managed to derail another baseball thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BobLoblaw2005a's comment:

How about that, the dynamic duo of Pike and KimSaysJ'Accuse has managed to derail another baseball thread.

what else is new? at least "the yankee trolls" participate in the baseball talk and provide a differing view. they are pathetic (kimpike)

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

Re: LaRoche / Napoli

posted at 1/6/2013 12:31 PM EST

• RedSoxKimmi
    • First: 2/2/2010
    • Last: 1/6/2013

"And really, it is not even about the draft pick. The real issue is the slot money associated with the pick. The way I understand it, and I might be wrong, the Sox lose any slot money with their associated pick, and therefore this handicaps their ability to pay overslot on their first round pick."

IMO, it is as much about the draft pick as it is about the slot money. Under the new CBA, teams will no longer receive another team's first round pick PLUS a supplemental pick, as they did with Type A free agents. The best any team can receive if a free agent walks is one supplemental pick.

In the 2011 offseason, there were 37 free agents who were offered arbitration and 29 susbsequent supplemental first round picks in the 2012 draft. In 2012, there were only 9 qualifying offers given, or at most 9 potential supplemental picks in the 2013 draft.

The opportunity for teams to pick up extra picks in the 1st round is almost nonexistent. For someone like Hamilton, the qualifying offer is a no brainer. For someone like Cody Ross who might have netted a supplemental pick as a Type B in the past, the decision is not so simple. Chances are, if you give him a qualifying offer, you wind up with an overpaid player for the following year instead of the coveted draft pick.

That does not address the OP's reason for starting the thread:

I knew the team signing the FA lost slot $

never heard/knew the team losing the player gains slot money

did you ? just wondering if it's true

Try reading again, troll.

Sections
Shortcuts