Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : Big deal ! Lackey is out this year. If not for the media, nobody would have even cared what Lackey was doing . The problem totally is with the media. Now comes all the Lackey bashing. How about you doing a tell the media to shove it all up thier AZZ  Post. Time to start coming down on the trouble caused by stupid  media reports.I'll drink to that ! Even with Lackey.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

This post has given me new hope.

Thank you. Very well stated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : This post has given me new hope. Thank you. Very well stated.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

yes Zilla and don, the red sox pitchers need MORE BEER and LESS MEDIA..that is the culprit....honest to God Zilla, talking about sinking to a new low...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : yes Zilla and don, the red sox pitchers need MORE BEER and LESS MEDIA..that is the culprit....honest to God Zilla, talking about sinking to a new low...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

So, that's why Beckett sucks this year? Beer?

You really believe that?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

It's a NON-STORY reported by a talentless hack.  Typical of the Boston Sports Media Mutts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! I've been posting here quite a few years and this thread has sunk to a new low! We are reduced to arguments about a player that hasn't played at all being the central cause of the catastrophe on the playing field! Do any of you realize how stupid all of this must sound? If Lackey is such a loser and such an awful player, don't you think his absence from the rotation would be a positive thing?....shouldn't they be glad to have someone else start in his place? Shouldn't YOU as haters of Lackey be over-joyed that he is not pitching? Now I think I know what the Mayans saw in the future to cause their calendar to end in late 2012. Red Sox fans in a fit of anger and frustration will begin rioting in the streets....and Red Sox Nation, being the HUGE phenomenon that it is, will spill over to all major cities, into other countries and eventually bring the end to life on ths planet as we know it. All because of John Lackey drinking a beer! Considering the possible consequences ( the end of the world), do you really think it's worth getting this worked up over this?

We're all happy he's not playing, but some have recognized the corrosive influence he had on this pitching staff & clubhouse.  Do you think it's possible that veteran pitchers can have a negative influence on the entire pitching staff? Does it seem clear that there is a problem with this starting rotation?  Was Lackey involved in questionable activity by many starting pitchers last year, leading to the greatest SR collapse in RS history?  Is it possible that Lackey has had a negative influence on many of our starting pitchers?  Does his intensity level on the bench & in the clubhouse suggest a guy solely focused on winning?  Is it possible that Lackey is at the very least a distraction this team does not need?  Is it possible that Lackey could be a f'ing A hole loser dips hit who simply wants company in the cratering of his pathetic career, thus dragging down all those around him?  :) 

Is the "double fist--ing" issue a big deal, in and of itself?  NO!  Could it simply be indicative of a "screw this, who really gives a rip" attitude still prevalent on this team, with too many guys like Lackey?  Perhaps Lackey is nothing more than a fat faced, no talent, dumb f_ck who needs to be gone!?!

Whatever the case, Lackey should have been GONE after last year.  You think it's a ridiculous story?  No problem!  Most see Lackey as just one too many negative influences on this team, and a pathetic joke!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : We're all happy he's not playing, but some have recognized the corrosive influence he had on this pitching staff & clubhouse.  Do you think it's possible that veteran pitchers can have a negative influence on the entire pitching staff? Does it seem clear that there is a problem with this starting rotation?  Was Lackey involved in questionable activity by many starting pitchers last year, leading to the greatest SR collapse in RS history?  Is it possible that Lackey has had a negative influence on many of our starting pitchers?  Does his intensity level on the bench & in the clubhouse suggest a guy solely focused on winning?  Is it possible that Lackey is at the very least a distraction this team does not need?  Is it possible that Lackey could be a f'ing A hole loser dips hit who simply wants company in the cratering of his pathetic career, thus dragging down all those around him?  :)  Is the "double fist--ing" issue a big deal, in and of itself?  NO!  Could it simply be indicative of a "screw this, who really gives a rip" attitude still prevalent on this team, with too many guys like Lackey?  Perhaps Lackey is nothing more than a fat faced, no talent, dumb f_ck who needs to be gone!?! Whatever the case, Lackey should have been GONE after last year.  You think it's a ridiculous story?  No problem!  Most see Lackey as just one too many negative influences on this team, and a pathetic joke!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

So, I guess you really, really don't like Lackey.

Is this corect, or am I reading too much into this?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : So, I guess you really, really don't like Lackey. Is this corect, or am I reading too much into this?

LOL!  I think you may have outed me.  OK OK!  I admit it.  I'm not fond of the guy!
    There in lies my bias.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I can see why nobody wants to play for the Sox anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I can see why nobody wants to play for the Sox anymore.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Oh PLEASE!  Give that line a rest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : So, that's why Beckett sucks this year? Beer? You really believe that?
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

yea, i believe he is an idiot that drinks too much beer, has put on too much weight because of the beer, and is out of condition because of beer...maybe he should act like a pro athlete and put his performance/conditioning first....i know thats a crazy thing to ask for a guy only making 15 mil a year for pitching once every five games...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We are reduced to arguments about a player that hasn't played at all being the central cause of the catastrophe on the playing field!

Do any of you realize how stupid all of this must sound?

That's the sad part of it.  They don't realize how stupid it sounds.  We've played flat all season.  Virtually everyone is playing worse than last season.  And some guy that hasn't played all year has made very single other player worse.

Past that, I'll be at the NYY game.  And I am going to have a couple of beers whether or not I have a good or bad day at work, and whether or not my employer has a good day or not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hey joey, when hershieser noted on national tv that miller, after being pulled in the 8th after letting a risp on, was yukking it up w/o a care in the world, guess who was making him laugh????? 

lackey....i have never heard any announcer scold a player publically for not caring about their perfromance - until Lackey decided that with the game on the line, it was time to party and laugh with Miller and the other clowns there...

lackey is a piece of chit - his behavior on the club, beckett's idolization of his stupidity, and his horrendous behavior towards his ex wife is well documented...a real professional would help his fellow pitcher work harder to get his mojo back - not encourage him to say f u to everyone and drink like a frat boy.....lackey and beckett are both the problems....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I tuned into the pregame on WEEI.The two houseboys, John Ritch (?) and Rob Bradford, were defending Lackey and the drinking on the clubhouse on the road.
    Gee. why am I not surprised?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

"I can see why nobody wants to play for the Sox anymore.

Sox4ever"
    Really?
    I wish Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and John Lackey felt that way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

not one of moon's better observations...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The signs that the sux have gave up were clear months ago, from players to management. It realy shows that the sux organization can,t come close to the Yankees, as much as I hate to say it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]hey joey, when hershieser noted on national tv that miller, after being pulled in the 8th after letting a risp on, was yukking it up w/o a care in the world, guess who was making him laugh?????  lackey....i have never heard any announcer scold a player publically for not caring about their perfromance - until Lackey decided that with the game on the line, it was time to party and laugh with Miller and the other clowns there... lackey is a piece of chit - his behavior on the club, beckett's idolization of his stupidity, and his horrendous behavior towards his ex wife is well documented...a real professional would help his fellow pitcher work harder to get his mojo back - not encourage him to say f u to everyone and drink like a frat boy.....lackey and beckett are both the problems....

I thought the story said it was Shoppach?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

no it was lackey, cant miss that beardless horseface

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Can't really blame Lackey for grabbing a couple of cold Buds after a hard night's work on the bench. After all , the poor guy now has to wait until the game is over to begin his drinking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The amazing thing is.......  Lackey is smart enough to put the bottle opener between Beckett's & his locker, & start openly 2 fis ted drinking in the clubhouse, but many fans are not quite bright enough to see his "in your face" snub.

We already know Lackey is dumb.... Beckett is not the brightest bulb either...
     What can we say about fans who don't get it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Haggerty is a classless bore who belongs working at The National Enquirer.  This story as reported is nothing but garbage thrown at Lackey.  Low rent no class journalism at its best.  And the fact the Comcast allows this doesn't make them any better than he is.  And the Globe should be ashamed of itself as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]no it was lackey, cant miss that beardless horseface

You're multi-tasking by being wrong twice on the same issue.

1-It was Shoppach.

2-Our troubles are not caused by Miller laughing in the dugout.  Drew is too unemotional, so you don't like it.  Youk is too intense, so you don't like it.  Miller laughed at something his teammate said, so you don't like it.