Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    Bill Lee's favorite watering hole was the bar at the Elliot Hotel on Commonwealth avenue. Don't recall the media having a cow over that.
    Posted by FenwayJimmy

The Eliot Lounge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

"Haggerty is a classless bore who belongs working at The National Enquirer. This story as reported is nothing but garbage thrown at Lackey. Low rent no class journalism at its best. And the fact the Comcast allows this doesn't make them any better than he is. And the Globe should be ashamed of itself as well. "

But 2004Idiots / Pinstripezac eats up that irresponsible, unprofessiona journalism. Anything goes to stir the pot,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : You're multi-tasking by being wrong twice on the same issue. 1-It was Shoppach. 2-Our troubles are not caused by Miller laughing in the dugout.  Drew is too unemotional, so you don't like it.  Youk is too intense, so you don't like it.  Miller laughed at something his teammate said, so you don't like it.
    Posted by Joebreidey

I remember it as Lackey also.  No big deal in and of itself, but a key indicator.  Lackey absolutely should be nowhere near this team!  He should have been dealt after last year!  PERIOD!
    Drew?  He was a stiff, with absolutely no pride or self respect.  Like many other "new born Christians" I know, who are so into "WWJD" that they could really give a s hit about what their JOB is.  This is not to bash Christians!!!  I have no problem with Christians!  I've simply met too many of them who just have their head in the clouds with respect to the real world, & head's up their arss thinking about Jesus.  He was content giving jesus his all, & the Sox what was left.
    Yuke?  The only knock I have with Yuke, is not being smart enough to ease up a little when it didn't matter.  Too many grounders run out like his life depended on it.  His body simply couldn't take the pounding!

Lackey's contract makes the Crawford signing look like a big time winner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

"Drew? He was a stiff, with absolutely no pride or self respect"

How does somebody 3000 miles away know these things?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

"Drew? He was a stiff, with absolutely no pride or self respect" How does somebody 3000 miles away know these things?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Watching every minute of every game.  Watching Drew take his sweet time coming off of every single little hang-nail "injury" he ever "had."  Watching his lack of passion in every at bat where he K's with the bat on his shoulder, & walks away seemingly without a care in the world.

That's just a glimpse..... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : Watching every minute of every game.  Watching Drew take his sweat time coming off of every single little hang-nail "injury" he ever "had."  Watching his lack of passion in every at bat where he K's with the bat on his shoulder, & walks away seemingly without a care in the world. That's just a glimpse..... 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[

Same with Joe DiMaggio??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction :
    In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : Watching every minute of every game.  Watching Drew take his sweat time coming off of every single little hang-nail "injury" he ever "had."  Watching his lack of passion in every at bat where he K's with the bat on his shoulder, & walks away seemingly without a care in the world. That's just a glimpse.....  Posted by redsoxdirtdog[ Same with Joe DiMaggio??
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Wow!  Comparing Drew's approach to the game to Joey D's says it all.  You asked a question.  I gave you the short version of my assessment.  You throw in Joey D???

Get a life! Drew's laying down on the Sox was manifest!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

Didn't Tim Thomas put that pork chop in his place already?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

People said that Joe Dimaggio was aloof, cold, uncaring, and without emotion and that was before high definition LED TV sets. Bozos always like to make unwarranted characterizations without sufficient facts. All they have is opinions and agendas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Tell me again how we got to comparing Joe D with Drew?

I'll apologize on the board's behalf to Joe.

Drew was an overpaid loser, the first of Theo's several serious mistakes.  Worse, Theo knew it going in.  So he made himself look even more foolish when he tried to justify the guy's contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

None of us have the credentials, information, and experience / feedback to make such blanket observations about JD Drew as made above.  You are all full of baseless opinion and speculation. Some of you are trolling and wasting our time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

None of us have the credentials, information, and experience / feedback to make such blanket observations about JD Drew as made above.  You are all full of baseless opinion and speculation. Some of you are trolling and wasting our time.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Opinions, based on constant observation, statistics to back up said opinions, & a long track record by the person being observed, gives reasoned perspective.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Personally, I don't care how they sct as long as they reform on the field. I don't care if they stand there and watch their home runs. I don't care if they throw a tantrum every time they strike out. I don't care if they pitch while on acid. Don't care if they publicly cheat on their wives..... As long as they produce. If they produce, then all of that stuff is colorful personality. But if they don't produce, then they deserve to have the media and fans tear them to shreds. I want them run out of town. Getting paid $17 million and can't get thru the 2nd inning, then rain the boos on them. If they aren't going to earn their pay on the field, then make them earn it as they walk off the field. I didn't expect this team to be very good this year. But they should be better than they are. And next year will be worse. It's amazing how fast this organization has fallen. We were in awe of what they were doing. Now, they're a joke.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts