Hall of Fame speculation

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Re: Hall of Fame speculation

He's just doing what so many journalists do nowdays, trying to make his own news where there is none. It's a shame. In fact, Pedey probably will make the hall, but there is absolutely no point or purpose in discussing it until his career at least begins to wind down, much less before he is out of his prime. Ridiculous writing, typical ESPN speculation, trying to spur hype and discussion of pointless topics.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

Way too early for anyone to claim that pedroia will "probably" make the HOF.

I would wait until a player has 10-15 years on the books before even speculating unless they did something really spectacular. pedroia has put together some really nice seasons, but nothing really spectacular.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Hall of Fame speculation:
    [QUOTE]Joe McDonald has a column on espn Boston in which he speculates - ten or fifteen years too soon - on Dustin Pedroia's likelihood of being enshrined in Cooperstown. Do you think something like this qualifies as journalism? Is it even appropriate to call a sportswriter a journalist? I like Pedroia, but is there any point whatsoever in speculating about his hall of fame worthiness now, when he's still in his twenties and with a playing style that almost guarantees injury by the time he's in his early thirties? It just seems like a real "puff piece" sort of article.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Do you think something like this qualifies as journalism?

no, I'd just say the writer wrote some baseball fun

and see nothing wrong with it

why not loosen up and enjoy it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

For example, I think the Globe 10.0 on Ichiro making the hall is appropriate. Hes been around a long time, has great stats, and deserves to be discussed for the HOF. Not Pedroia, not yet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Re: Hall of Fame speculation:
    [QUOTE]Way too early for anyone to claim that pedroia will "probably" make the HOF. I would wait until a player has 10-15 years on the books before even speculating unless they did something really spectacular. pedroia has put together some really nice seasons, but nothing really spectacular.
    Posted by The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

What do you deem spectacular for a 2nd baseman? Isn't winning the MVP spectacular? Or are you looking at 300 hits, 70 home runs, and 190 RBI's?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe----. Show The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Re: Hall of Fame speculation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall of Fame speculation : What do you deem spectacular for a 2nd baseman? Isn't winning the MVP spectacular? Or are you looking at 300 hits, 70 home runs, and 190 RBI's?

Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

So everyone who has ever won an MVP award should go in the HOF?

Let me know when pendelton,vaughn and caminiti get elected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Unlees his career is cut short by injury, he should be a lock. No reason to believe he won't continue to put up HOF numbers, and his defense speaks for itself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

99.9% of the stuff you read shouldn't qualify as journalism. Most of it is "sensationalism."

Just like 99.9% of what you see in movies should not qualify as "art."

99.9% of television ,while mildly entertaining at times is just polluting people's minds with suggestive ads, political bias, trashy shows, and lots of lies to brainwash or hypnotize us.

But at least it's not as bad as religion , in which 100% should not qualify as anything but utter nonsense. I recently read where there is a sect in the Catholic religion that actually believes the Earth is the center of the universe and the Sun revolves around us!!!! The bible says so !!! They want scientists to reconsider years and years of research and facts!

Sections
Shortcuts