Hamilton/Angels nearing deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Hamilton/Angels nearing deal

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/angels-to-sign-josh-hamilton.html

That came out of the blue...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Re: Hamilton/Angels nearing deal

WOW. Out of nowhere. Arte strikes again! NOW can we try and pry Trumbo away from them?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Rumor has it they will then aggressively pursue Dickey. Maybe Bourjos/Richards for him would work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW. Out of nowhere. Arte strikes again! NOW can we try and pry Trumbo away from them?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Or more likely Kendrys Morales.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BombBuster. Show BombBuster's posts

Done deal!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Hamilton, Pujols, Trout...wow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like that Moon. If the deal with Napoli does not materialize, I would like to see Morales at first. Man, Hamilton and Pujols in the same line-up.... that is like Manny and Papi.

Morales is coming off a broken ankle, but that guy can hit, and he is presently very affordable. I also agree with the previous poster that Trumbo would be a cheaper Swisher. Trumbo has had some dry spells, but he is young and definitely can hit. If the Angels sign Hamilton, someone will be leaving shortly.

Either Morales or Trumbo would be awesome in my view. I think Morales has the edge with me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Hamilton 5/125

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8744414/josh-hamilton-agreed-deal-angels-sources-say

Still a rumor, but that is the extra year he was looking for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Helluva lineup

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

so 5 years 125 for hamilton, apparently the sox cant afford that? really? i would have given hamilton that deal in a heartbeat. the sox need a middle of the order bat, napoli gomes victorino dont count for that. justin upton would be the guy now. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Angels moving in while Ben sits and studies Napoli's MRI.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Angels moving in while Ben sits and studies Napoli's MRI.  

[/QUOTE]

Good for the Angels, Hamilton just another name on a roster paper getting too much money. Pitching will win a team play-off games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes ! Yes! Yes! ..Thank god were not stuck with that contract .....Now Hamilton can take the next five years off... Well at least four........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so 5 years 125 for hamilton, apparently the sox cant afford that? really? i would have given hamilton that deal in a heartbeat. the sox need a middle of the order bat, napoli gomes victorino dont count for that. justin upton would be the guy now. 

[/QUOTE]

But they can afford a 35 year-old pitcher with questionable ability to pitch against the better teams of the AL for 26.5 million.  Which also means Sanchez will not be coming to Boston.

The pitching has gotten no better and they still have not replaced AGon's RBI production.  But they have managed to spend the 125 million that Hamilton cost on backups and platoon players and #4-5 starter depth.  Yea!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I understand few people on this board are upset while others arent like me.  For your information, Hamilton is already 31 years old, and by the time his contract run out, he ll be 36 years old.  Are you willing to pay him 25 millions dollars a year at age 35 to age 36??

Come on guys.  That is why teams like Boston, Phillies, etc rather to just pay give him 3 years contract!!

Not even the Yankees try to snoop in and grab that guy who is a perfect fit hitter at the Yankees stadium.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortizdog. Show ortizdog's posts

we suck(the red sox) we unload gonzalez and crawford and get no one red sox management and owners only care about making money i wont be watching any games with this lousy lineup!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watch out now ... Sox will match that signing and pick up Swiser. Sox are going all out for that  final push to the WS.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Wow, I never expected the Angels to get Hamilton.

Hamilton in sunny LA,...........sounds like trouble.   LOL  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Can't see the Sox doing much on the FA market with Swisher either.  He wants a 4 yr deal and no way the Sox will go there.  Besides Swisher is not what the Sox need right now.  Pitching is the big priority and not a number 4/5 pitcher.  Sox just seem to be operating in a lower gear than the rest of the MLB world.  The good news is that the Sox don't have to look at so many players now and the choices should be a bit easier.  There are still some good players that will fit the Sox plan (whatever that is) available from FA market or trade.  I like the idea some have ventured that the Sox look into a deal with the Angels who are now loaded with hitting talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

maybe ben c will wake up and call up kevin towers and get a deal done for justin upton. we need a middle of the order bat. without question. ben has yet to make a big splash, now is the time to do it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ortizdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we suck(the red sox) we unload gonzalez and crawford and get no one red sox management and owners only care about making money i wont be watching any games with this lousy lineup!!!!

[/QUOTE]

dont let the door hit ya on the way out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to ortizdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

then i guess you wont be posting here anymore either

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes ! Yes! Yes! ..Thank god were not stuck with that contract .....Now Hamilton can take the next five years off... Well at least four........

[/QUOTE]

What he said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would like that Moon. If the deal with Napoli does not materialize, I would like to see Morales at first. Man, Hamilton and Pujols in the same line-up.... that is like Manny and Papi.

Morales is coming off a broken ankle, but that guy can hit, and he is presently very affordable. I also agree with the previous poster that Trumbo would be a cheaper Swisher. Trumbo has had some dry spells, but he is young and definitely can hit. If the Angels sign Hamilton, someone will be leaving shortly.

Either Morales or Trumbo would be awesome in my view. I think Morales has the edge with me.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Would like to see us swing a deal like this, since there seems to be some problem with Napoli.

Sections
Shortcuts