Hamilton Pujols bating 3/4 is scary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Hamilton Pujols bating 3/4 is scary

With that line up and that pitching staff they could be very scary team next year. 

texas lost out on greinke and hamilton, maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS, and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

Dempster hopefully looked at as number 4 or 5

thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Hamilton Pujols bating 3/4 is scary

In response to craig2174's comment:

With that line up and that pitching staff they could be very scary team next year. 

texas lost out on greinke and hamilton, maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS, and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

thoughts?

Unfortunately , my thoughts are that the Sox are not going to be competitive with the good teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

thoughts?

Unfortunately , my thoughts are that the Sox are not going to be competitive with the good teams.

i second that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Didnt they have a very scary lineup after Pujols and Wilson signed last year? They didnt make the playoffs, right?

The A's and O's did with their not-so-scary rosters though...

This was an impulse buy for LAA. I would never have guarenteed him 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

You never know what'll happen, but other teams on paper, even just in our own division, look far more formidible than we look.  We can worry about the Angels when we meet them in the playoffs.  And who knows in what year that will happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd rather have Miggy/Fielder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment: thank you  for that comment  they payed him double what we paid and  he will be injured and ofcourse his off field  problems  that would not have worked here in boston

Didnt they have a very scary lineup after Pujols and Wilson signed last year? They didnt make the playoffs, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

everyone can pick on the guys we sighned but you do know there the same age as mr josh all gonna be 32   and  sv has not been injured much so how is  our deal so bad compared to  the  angels sighning josh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

This will be interesting to watch, I expect Pujols to bounce back and clock 40 this year, he had a bad start last year and then he caught fire and was cracking the ball like always, Josh will be great once again and they will have mike trout, morales and trumbo assuming they dont trade anyone. bottom line they are gonna score a ton of runs and be fun to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Michaelkayn's comment:

This will be interesting to watch, I expect Pujols to bounce back and clock 40 this year, he had a bad start last year and then he caught fire and was cracking the ball like always, Josh will be great once again and they will have mike trout, morales and trumbo assuming they dont trade anyone. bottom line they are gonna score a ton of runs and be fun to watch.

They did make that offense much better. If they miss the playoffs again like this year, its not going to be a pretty sight is SoCal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

And Mike Trout probably is the Angels' best offensive threat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS,

Hopefully not.

and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

What #1's are out there to sign?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

What #1's are out there to sign?

Exactly!  I wonder if it ever occured to some people (perhaps even myself at times) that sometimes there isn't what we would consider an optimal move out there.

The reality is if we want a true #1 starter we would like have to grossly overpay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yes they are scary, but they dont have pitching like they had it last year.  Wilson and Weaver isnt enough to carry that team to win the division.  Texas and Oakland still have far better starting rotation than the Angels

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

if trout had started the season in the majors theyd have won the division, their record after he came up was the best in the AL west.

theyve lost greinke haren santana from their rotation and added hanson and blanton, so guess they deal bourjos and pieces for another starter - looks like a decent club.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[/QUOTE]

They did make that offense much better. If they miss the playoffs again like this year, its not going to be a pretty sight is SoCal.

[/QUOTE]

Not only this year but for years to come.

This team will either win big or become the Red Sox of 2012 hoping someone will bail them out of some bad and expensive deals. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Angels suck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Team is awesome.  Weaver is a legitimate ace. CJ is a good #2.  Their starting pitching is a bit thin, but they have two front line starters and trade chips to bring in a #3.  Bourjous for Dickey is a possibility.

Trout/Hamilton/Pujols is an awesome middle of the lineup.  They also have good role playing guys who arent flashy but pull their weight (Kendrick, Trumbo)

Scary team for sure.

Tigers are scary too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I put his numbers at $80M/4.  $125M/5 isn't a huge overpay, but they already gave away a huge amount of money on Pujols and Wells overpayment.  As we learned, and as the NYY have learned this year, you can only do that so often before you start losing other players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Team is awesome.  Weaver is a legitimate ace. CJ is a good #2.  Their starting pitching is a bit thin, but they have two front line starters and trade chips to bring in a #3.  Bourjous for Dickey is a possibility.

Trout/Hamilton/Pujols is an awesome middle of the lineup.  They also have good role playing guys who arent flashy but pull their weight (Kendrick, Trumbo)

Scary team for sure.

Tigers are scary too.

Bourjos for Dickey is never happening.  That's the equivalent of Kalish for Dickey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Ugh. Pujols, Trout, & Hamilton?

A certain phrase comes to mind: "But mommy, my tummy hurts".

Ah well. Looks great on paper. 

Still trying to put this into perspective? At least he didn't go to the Yanks. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I predcict that neither the gluttonose Dodgers or Angles make the World Series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

thoughts?

My basic thought, besides it being an overpayment, is that they aren't as scary as you think.

• Pujols/Hamilton .859/.930
    • WMB/Papi .835/1.026
    • Fielder/Miggy .940/.999
    • Gordon/Butler .822/.882
    • Mauer/Willingham .861/.890
    • ARam/Braun .901/.987
    • Craig/Holliday .876/.877

There are other combos I could cite as well.  Pujols/Hamilton is a very good combo, but it doesn't quite blow the doors off the rest of the league.  For 2 players costing 1/3 of the team salary, I'd expect elite instead of merely very good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you think that is scary, wait until you see Gomes/Napoli

Sections
Shortcuts